跳至

首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 3967

101#
發表於 15-6-21 18:20 |只看該作者

回覆:Liliannnb 的帖子

甘大獲我好担心喎!我剛入齊文件!我係nursing school年代!澳洲La trobe degree. 吾知結果會係點?甘你過左ANMAC未?

複式洋房

積分: 386

102#
發表於 15-6-21 20:42 |只看該作者

回覆:香港RN成功移民分享

Really shocked.
Howcome a HKU degree also not success.

複式洋房

積分: 190

103#
發表於 15-6-21 21:09 |只看該作者
I really doubt ifAHPRA's research has problem, they judge my degree was not externally accredited by HK council for accreditation of academic & vocational qualification. (Hkcaavq)

But I sent an enquiry to hkcaavq about the accreditation, that's their reply.

The Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) is appointed under the Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications Ordinance (Cap 592) as the Accreditation Authority under the Hong Kong Qualifications Framework (QF). The HKCAAVQ conducts accreditation activities for non-self accrediting academic and vocational operators. For institutions funded by the University Grants Committee (UGC) including The University of Hong Kong (HKU), they have self-accrediting status and undergo quality audits conducted by the Quality Assurance Council (QAC) of UGC and their programmes are not subject to external accreditation.

I am not sure should I appeal?

Tami
Do you know your degree course from La trobe university is subject to which agency's external accreditation? And which year were you in?
I have passed Anmac and get my PR, they accepted HK degree

大宅

104#
發表於 15-6-21 21:21 |只看該作者

回覆:Liliannnb 的帖子

If you want to practice in Aus, sure need to appeal. my La Trobe degree obtained in 2004 and which should be equivalent to the course conducted in australia.

大宅

105#
發表於 15-6-22 10:17 |只看該作者
Criteria 2 and 3 of the qualification assessment model require that your education institution and program of study were accredited during the period of time that you studied. The NMBA’s specific requirements for criteria 2 and 3 are set out below.

Criterion 2

The education institution where you studied was externally accredited during the period when you undertook your studies.

That is, during the time you studied your education institution must have been:

subject to regular review by an external quality assurance agency and
registered or accredited by that agency.
Criterion 3

Your program of study was externally accredited and provided successful graduates with a qualification in nursing/midwifery.

That is, during the time you undertook your program of study:

the program of study must have been subject to regular review within a system of external accreditation implemented by the relevant nursing and/or midwifery regulatory authority or agency and
the program of study must have been accredited or recognised by that authority or agency and
the system of external accreditation included the application of accreditation standards specific to nursing education that are comparable to the current nursing and midwifery accreditation standards and system in Australia.
Information about the accreditation system and standards for nursing and midwifery education in Australia, including links to relevant documents, is published on the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC) website. Further information about the competency standards referred to in the accreditation standards is published on the NMBA website.

If your education institution or program of study were not subject to the type of regular external review described above, your qualification will not meet the qualification requirements.

AHPRA has conducted research into nursing and midwifery qualifications awarded by education institutions in a number of countries to establish whether or not they are likely to meet the accreditation requirements. The outcome of this research is described below.

We are continuing to conduct research on nursing and midwifery qualifications issued by education institutions in countries that are not listed below. We will update the information to include qualifications issued by education institutions in other countries as it becomes available.

Expand all | Collapse all
Qualifications that are likely to meet the accreditation requirementsCollapse
The NMBA has found that nursing and midwifery qualifications issued by education institutions in the countries listed below are likely to meet the requirements for criteria 2 and 3 because there are systems of regular external review (as described above) in place as part of the regulatory framework for education institutions and nursing education programs:

Canada
New Zealand
Republic of Ireland
Singapore
United Kingdom
United States of America
Applicants who hold a nursing or midwifery qualification issued by an education institution in any of the countries listed above should still arrange for the relevant supporting documentation to be sent directly to AHPRA from the education institution (for criterion 2) and the authority or agency responsible for the accreditation or recognition of your program of study (for criterion 3). This documentation is necessary to confirm that your particular qualification and education institution were accredited at the time you studied.

The NMBA cannot determine whether or not a nursing or midwifery qualification meets the requirements for criteria 2 and 3 unless there is evidence that your qualification was subject to regular external review (as described above). If the required evidence is not available the NMBA will determine that your qualification does not meet the requirements and you will not be registered.

See: Supporting documentation for us to assess your application.

Qualifications that may meet the accreditation requirementsCollapse
The NMBA has found certain nursing and midwifery qualifications issued by education institutions in the following countries meet the requirements for criteria 2 and 3 because some, but not all, education institutions and nursing education programs are subject to the systems of regular external review described above:

Belgium (Flanders region)
Hong Kong
Lebanon
Pakistan
Applicants who hold a nursing or midwifery qualification issued by an education institution in one of these countries are only required to arrange for the relevant supporting documentation if they believe their qualification does meet the requirements for criteria 2 and 3. The documentation must be sent directly to AHPRA from the education institution (for criterion 2) and the authority or agency responsible for the accreditation or recognition of your program of study (for criterion 3).

The NMBA will refuse you registration if your qualification does not meet the requirements for criteria 2 and 3 or you do not provide the relevant documentation. However, you may be referred to an NMBA-approved bridging program if your qualification meets criteria 1, 4, 5 and 7 and you meet all registration standards.

See: Application Outcomes for more information on referral to bridging and Supporting documentation for us to assess your application.

Seems after system reviewed, Hong Kong has no advantage as before.

別墅

積分: 563

106#
發表於 15-6-22 15:58 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 pat_kylie 於 15-6-22 16:20 編輯

Shock!!

I am quite sure Overseas Bachelor (Eg La trobe) is easily recognised by AHPRA, after all they are from the same country. But never believe that Local University is not recognised......

I also graduated from PolyU full-time Bachelor in nursing in early 2000, really afraid that I cannot get it too ~~ (although I am still struggling in OET now)

Actually I've contacted Polyu FHSS, they seems encounter similar applications before and they said they would directly send the documents required to AHPRA.

複式洋房

積分: 346

107#
發表於 15-6-22 20:00 |只看該作者
Liliannnb,
I think you have a strong point to appeal. Your programme doesn't need to be accredited by HKcaavq because it is accredited by another quality audits.

Pat_kylie,
I also graduated from PolyU full-time Bachelor in nursing in 2009. I know my course is accredited by the Nursing Council of Hong Kong. I think your course too.
I know a case, my friend's friend ,who graduated in polyu nursing 2010, needed to take a bridging course when she applied for registration two years ago. So sad to hear that news!
I think Nursing Council is the most authoritative in HK, isn't it? How come?

複式洋房

108#
發表於 15-6-22 21:25 |只看該作者
Thank you for all your reply

The people who do these stupid research are non sense. They think hkcaavq is the one who is responsible for those accreditation of higher education in Hk. Even though you can find the list of accreditation of higher education in the website of hkcaavq (for bachelor of nursing after 2009 as hkcaavq is founded in 2008) hkcaavq never responsible for it. It seems to me ahpra only accept appliants with bachelor of nursing after 2009

I am trying to contact the head of nursing department, but he is out of town. I only have one month to appeal, not sure if there's enough time or if these stubbon authority people would listen it.

複式洋房

積分: 473

109#
發表於 15-6-22 22:32 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 timm2387 於 15-6-22 22:34 編輯

Liliannnb

hi, i am still waiting for AHPRA 's reply but I graduated from PolyU full-time Bachelor of nursing in 2010.

I think if APHRA only considers HKcaavq is the only one responsible for external accreditation then all HKU CU and poly U nursing graduates may need to take the bridging course as we are all funded by the University Grants Committee and not subject to external accreditation by HKcaavq.
So the point is whether AHPRA accepts/ knows that Quality Assurance Council (QAC) of UGC is the one conducting accreditation for UGC funded nursing programme.

Thats non sense that nursing graduates from HKU CU and polyU need to take that course but other nursing degree graduates from non- UGC funded programme not need to take just because of the accreditation done by HKcaavq or not. So far i only know most international nurses who are taking the bridging course are from Philippine/india.( NO discrimination), but it is unbelievable that our degrees are being treated as the same level with them.

But we don't know what kind of research AHPRA have conducted regarding criteria 2-3. What if we ask for our university to send a letter to clarify this? I know that it takes ages for them to do the research. May be we take the bridging and get the registration done is 10 times faster then keep negotiating with AHPRA. It is sad but true.

複式洋房

110#
發表於 15-6-23 00:05 |只看該作者
Timm

Do you know if poly U has stated either nursing council of hong Kong or QAC of UCG in the letter for evidence of criteria 2 to sent to ahpra?

I just sent a email to UCG to understand the accreditation system in hong Kong.

I am thinking at the same time you are waiting, you can call UCG and hkcaavq to ask as I am currently in australia, I could only contact them by email.

複式洋房

111#
發表於 15-6-23 09:01 |只看該作者
I found this information from UGC website, Each UGC-funded institution is self-accrediting and is responsible for setting and maintaining the academic standards of its higher education provision and ensuring that students are provided with appropriate opportunities to achieve these standard

So does it mean all the Hk institutions are not externally accredited or they are externally accredited by some other agency else?

複式洋房

112#
發表於 15-6-23 15:25 |只看該作者
回覆 Liliannnb 的帖子

poly U has stated that the degree was accredited by nursing council of hong Kong. I have also sent an email to my registration officer regarding the criteria 2, but still no reply from them. (as SLOW as usual)
Lilian, may be you can tell them that the structure of the accreditation system in HK and ask HKU to send them a letter about the accreditation if necessary. We can only argue that their research is not comprehensive and not reflecting the real situation of the accreditation system in HK especially UGC funded programme. And most likely our nursing course only EXTERNALLY accredited by nursing council as you said each UGC funded university is responsible for their own audit and not under external accreditation, so it is better for you to call HKU to clarify this point first.
BUT whether AHPRA accepts our point of view is a big question, In criteria 2 they are firmly saying that the qualification must be accredited externally.If they don't think nursing council of HK is good enough to provide accreditation externally , then i think we no need to waste time/ money to appeal. We are so unlucky that the game rules changed on last year and we are not in advantage due to the difference of the educational structure between HK and AUS.
I know you have been waiting for the result for more then 1 year 2 months, but you are luckier then me, because the rules changed @ ANMAC early this year, i need to get the registration done before a positive assessment can be granted,i lodged my application to ANMAC last DECEMBER but i still need to be assessed under the new rules, so sad and unfair.
At least you passed the ANMAC and got the PR. I can only keep waiting and waiting . Any way, ADD OIL Lilian

複式洋房

113#
發表於 15-6-23 17:08 |只看該作者
回覆 Liliannnb 的帖子

lilian

What about HKU? Do you know which authority HKU has stated in the letter for evidence of criteria 2?
Nursing council of hong Kong or QAC of UCG???

別墅

114#
發表於 15-6-23 20:28 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 pat_kylie 於 15-6-23 20:29 編輯

What about master Degree? Do they only concern the pre-registration bachelor degree qualifications?

I got a Master Degree in Oxford Brookes University (overseas, of course) few years after I graduated from PolyU nursing. Of course I am not sure it was "accerditated" or not~~

We got our Bachelor Degree, with "Honours" from local "qualified" university, but even not comparable with those who got their Bachelors from "overseas" university like La Trobe.
(No offense)
pathetic !!

大宅

115#
發表於 15-6-24 15:52 |只看該作者

回覆:pat_kylie 的帖子

I am from La Trobe, I still waiting for the result... finger crossed.

複式洋房

116#
發表於 15-6-24 18:05 |只看該作者
Timm, I received reply from nursing council of Hong Kong and HKCAAVQ as follows:

The reply from nursing council :

I refer to your email below. It seems that your application to the NMBA, from here onwards, does not rest with the Nursing Council of Hong Kong. You should approach The University of Hong Kong for assistance because it is about the accreditation of its bachelor degree qualification. The HKCAAVQ would have to accredit training programmes with academic qualifications awarded by those training institutions which are not Universities. For Universities in Hong Kong, they have their own quality assurance system. You should approach the appropriate authority for information.

The reply from HKCAAVQ :

I refer to our email response to you dated 30 January 2015. Hong Kong has more than one approach to quality assurance of higher education operators. HKCAAVQ is responsible for accreditation of non-self-accrediting operators in its statutory capacity of Accreditation Authority. Publicly-funded institutions under the aegis of the University Grants Committee (UGC) enjoy self-accrediting status under their respective ordinances, and are subject to institutional quality audits conducted by the Quality Assurance Council (QAC) of UGC. Their respective programmes however are not subject to external review by the QAC.

With regard to your Bachelor's Degree of Nursing awarded by The University of Hong Kong (HKU), since HKU is one of the UGC-funded institutions and has the power to confer degrees according to The University of Hong Kong Ordinance (Cap 1053), it falls outside the purview of HKCAAVQ to accredit its programmes.

We trust that our replies will provide the registration bodies in Australia an adequate overview of the quality assurance arrangements in Hong Kong.

It seems that none of this prove the Univeristy in HK has external accreditation system. I am still waiting reply from UGC and my university.

My university did mention nursing council of Hk as evidence in criteria 2,but from the reply of nursing council of hk seems there's nothing done with them for the accreditation of bachelor of nursing.

複式洋房

117#
發表於 15-6-25 03:08 |只看該作者
回覆 Liliannnb 的帖子

Then the picture is clear now.

Neither Nursing degrees from HKU,POLYU nor CU are subject to the external accreditation as they are Publicly-funded institutions.

The Nursing Council of Hong Kong / The HKCAAVQ/ The Quality Assurance Council (QAC) of UGC are not responsible for any external accreditation. So we can never meet the criteria 2.

But as you said before AHPRA replied that The HKCAAVQ was found in 2008, that means may be their research on the accreditation system in HK is not comprehensive enough.

Did u tell AHPRA regrading the above information you got? Whats their reply? If they know about this but still need us to fulfill criteria 2 then we have no choice but only can take the bridging.

So sad that an absent of EXTERNAL accreditation costs >10000AUD for the bridging course and a long period of waiting time.

別墅

118#
發表於 15-6-25 16:28 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 pat_kylie 於 15-6-25 16:29 編輯

did the "accreditation" stuff appear recently? never heard people encounter this problem before.

BTW,HKCAAVQ established since 2008,wht about courses held before 2008 ?

複式洋房

119#
發表於 15-6-25 22:23 |只看該作者
I sent further email to nursing council of Hk, that's their reply.

All nursing training programmes which lead to registration/enrolment with the Nursing Council of Hong Kong would have to be accredited by the Nursing Council of Hong Kong. The Bachelor of Nursing Programme provided by The University of Hong Kong is accredited by the Nursing Council of Hong Kong. It is the professional qualification which is under the jurisdiction of the Nursing Council of Hong Kong. If it is the academic qualification, then it falls outside the purview of the Nursing Council of Hong Kong.

So it seems more clear that from the view of academic qualification (is that what AHPRA require for criteria 2?) there is no external accreditation of all the nursing degree in hk

複式洋房

120#
發表於 15-6-25 22:29 |只看該作者
I didn't tell ahpra all of the information yet as I didn't get reply from my university. I just told my officier I am going to appeal. I think I will further contact them once I've got the whole picture. Seems bridging course is essential for all Hk degree trained nurse. Sigh

首頁

尾頁

跳至