跳至

首頁

尾頁

別墅

積分: 558

發表於 15-10-13 21:59 |顯示全部帖子
Hi all,

It would be much appreciated if I can get some advice based on the following.

- Received EOI for 189.
- Hoping to bring my wife, mother and child with me.
- Wife is employed full time.
- Mother is a 61 year old retiree (used to be a civil servant), gets a pension approx HKD$11k a month, divorced from my father more than a decade ago, is a British Citizen.
- Child is 4 years old.
- Wife, mother, child and I live together in Hong Kong, apartment owned by my mother and I (bought before I got married).
- All bills (electricity, water, gas, rates, property management fees) paid by myself.
- No evidence of money transfer as both my wife and I prefer to give cash to my mother on a money basis.
- I am my mother's only child.

My questions are:
- Is it going to be a good idea if I include my mother as a dependent in my application as I am not sure whether DIBP will consider her as a dependent?
- If I include her and the CO believes that she is not a dependent, will I be given a chance to withdraw my mother from the application before proceeding with my wife and child? I am asking since I heard that if any one within the application is rejected, the whole application will then get rejected.
- If she can't be granted PR, then what are the options so that she can live in Australia with us? I want to do this legally and I don't mind paying for her medicals myself.
- My wife is pregnant (baby is expected around Christmas, will be in the UK a few weeks before and a few weeks after the delivery), any idea how the medical (x-ray) will be arranged? Is there anywhere on the application form to let the CO know about this so that we can get a little more than normal 28 days deadline before we have to respond?

Thank you in advance.

別墅

積分: 928

發表於 15-10-14 04:48 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:Advice needed - dependent who is also a pensioner

加入母親跟其他家庭成員都係一樣處理,如果任何家庭成員過唔到body check,全家都唔會批。個人經濟背景唔係考慮既因素,反而老人家可能有機會係body check問題。
如果不加如母親申請,你可在澳洲定居兩年後申請你母親移民,有兩類選擇,
一是付費的,大概四萬到五萬澳幣申請費,每年都加價,需時大概兩年才申請到,
二是不用付費的,但大概要排10年,兩種簽證都是批PR,包醫療。
即使你願意承擔你母親的醫療,移民局都不會考慮的。

別墅

積分: 558

發表於 15-10-19 22:52 |顯示全部帖子
v_vcsl,

Thank you for your advice. Will ask my mother to have her health check before we lodge the visa application so that I will have 1 less thing to worry about.
I have read from other forums that the CO may think twice whether she is dependant on me for food, shelter and clothing given she has a pension. Appartantly, I will be given an option to remove her if the CO believes that she can survive in HK with the money she gets.
Anyway, will keep the 2 options that you have mentioned in mind for future reference should I decide to remove her from my application.
Thanks again.

首頁

尾頁

跳至