區內幼兒園選擇不多, N班後上K1, 可能要轉校. 過來人D意見!

別墅

積分: 786

發表於 07-7-9 23:02 |顯示全部帖子
我仔由N班讀到K3,校長好有熱誠,老師亦有愛心,由於係全日制所以對小朋友自理能力訓練得好好。

複式洋房

積分: 275

發表於 07-8-15 22:52 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you DavidMa. When it gets to K1, I think there are more kindagarten in Tung Chung which offers full day. I am thinking of sendng him to PLK Cheung Poon Mei Yee downstairs (seems like the environment is better there).. Your thoughts?

別墅

發表於 07-8-16 11:23 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 pcjai 於 07-8-15 22:52 發表
Thank you DavidMa. When it gets to K1, I think there are more kindagarten in Tung Chung which offers full day. I am thinking of sendng him to PLK Cheung Poon Mei Yee downstairs (seems like the en ...

I can't comment on this since I let my son stay in SKH. But when I browse here some mammy said PLK is very good.
For enviroment I'm satisfy with SKH, although it's not very big but very clean and they're put a lot of effort on infection control. For 4 years there is rare infection even flu and the principal will alert all the parents when there may be an outbreak before it really come. I really appreciated this.

Another point I like there is the food, everyday the children has 'Lo For Tong' for lunch.:tongue: (my son insist I use this icon):) They have a cook there for cooking all the food in the school.

複式洋房

發表於 07-8-18 22:52 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 DavidMa 於 07-8-16 11:23 發表

I can't comment on this since I let my son stay in SKH. But when I browse here some mammy said PLK is very good.
For enviroment I'm satisfy with SKH, although it's not very big but very c ...

Thank you! DavidMa. Let me observe and do some research in the next academic year. Thanks for highlighting infection control and food. Is your son still studying at SKH now? May be it's too early to consider but how about transition to P.1?? Which primary school do SKH graduates ususally go to?? Are there any afflicates school in Tung Chung.

I hope you don't mind my series of questions.

(by the way, the icon your son liked was cute! )

別墅

發表於 07-8-19 09:47 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 pcjai 於 07-8-18 22:52 發表

Thank you! DavidMa. Let me observe and do some research in the next academic year. Thanks for highlighting infection control and food. Is your son still studying at SKH now? May be it's too ...

Not at all. My son will go to primary school next month. He'll go to Ho Yue at Caribbean Coast. As I know his classmates go to different Primary school here like Ching Chung, Po On and SKH Wai Lun( as Wai Lun is also a SKH school)etc .
I choose Ho Yue because it's new and have pretty good support from Sik Sik Yuen. They have more teachers than standard.But some mammy told me their academic standard is low but I know 1 or 2 children study there. They are very happy going to school. and the pricipal is from Sik Sik Yuen Ho Fung which is a band 1 secondary school. So I can see they want to make this school to be a sample school of their group of school.(because Ho Yue is the first Through-chain school of of the group)

By the way in SKH, there are some children's parent are not Chinese. There's a girl with both parents are westerner, one girl is mix and a boy is Japanese, some of their parents are from Malaysia. a lot of the parent with high education standard of cause many of them just ordinary HK people.
And they have a "arent Teacher Group' which is well established and if you join, you really can voice out your concern and the principal will really consider. Since I'm in the group for some time that's my true feeling. :time:

ps. all the icons were chosen by my son which have no connection with my writing.

大宅

積分: 1460

發表於 07-8-20 09:03 |顯示全部帖子
thank u very much for the useful information. I'm now planning for N1 education of my son next year. Choice is very limited for N1 in Tung Chung, I prefer SKH as it's near my house. In fact the main concern is the "student & their parent" of that school. Childen stay in school for at least 7 hours a day, there has great impact of people there on them. I have been livining in Tung Chung for 10 years, and saw many naughty boys fm problematic families.........u know my concern? I'm not too much care on what my child learn academically in kindergarten but I'm quite concern the "people" enironment around him. I don't expect all parents are all fully educated but at least they are polite........
DavidMa, could u pls tell me more about this?

複式洋房

發表於 07-8-20 21:57 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 DavidMa 於 07-8-19 09:47 發表

Not at all. My son will go to primary school next month. He'll go to Ho Yue at Caribbean Coast. As I know his classmates go to different Primary school here like Ching Chung, Po On and SKH ...

Thank you again DavidMa. I have a vague idea about Ho Yue (not my time for homework yet but guess I should start bit by bit).

複式洋房

發表於 07-8-20 22:01 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 miclui 於 07-8-20 09:03 發表
thank u very much for the useful information. I'm now planning for N1 education of my son next year. Choice is very limited for N1 in Tung Chung, I prefer SKH as it's near my house. In fact the m ...

Hi miclui, I share your concern but as you said, there is very limited choice of pre-nursery available in Tung Chung and there are many more years to come for us to bring up our children. Let's have confidence in ourselves. 7 hours at school and we still have the rest of the day!

Let's also wait to hear from DavidMa! :lol:

別墅

發表於 07-8-20 23:29 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 miclui 於 07-8-20 09:03 發表
thank u very much for the useful information. I'm now planning for N1 education of my son next year. Choice is very limited for N1 in Tung Chung, I prefer SKH as it's near my house. In fact the m ...

Of course , any school may have problem family, and any school will have very naughty children. For 4 years in SKH, I found most of the children are from loving families just like mine. Since the school have little home work so after I return from work and finished dinner. I and my son will still have a few hours' quality time together. In SKH there is fusion (融合教育) class i.e. there is 12 children divided into 2 classes who have some learning problems join the class sometimes. As I can see,in my son's class teacher will ask 1 or 2 children to accompany that child when they go out . The appointed children will always hold the hand of their friend. children can learn to teke care and love differnt people of different problem.

SKH have quite alot activities. Because SKH Ting Chung Nursey School is only one division of the SKH Tung Chung Integrated Services. So it have very good support, like they have a social worker comes to school every week, they have a Scout team especially for pupil of SKH. Every year there is sports day, X'mas celebration, picnic,just like other kindergarten. Ther are many other outings visits. And every year, children have chances to perform in Tung Chung and the Airport. ( My son dance at the airport in X'mas and Summer for at least 2 years) That's a very good experience. Don't worry, the outings for N class will not be as much as higher classes and all outings needed parents to accompany the childre. As the children grow older and have more experiences they can go out just with teachers, parents volunteer to accompany are most welcome.

複式洋房

發表於 07-8-21 20:46 |顯示全部帖子
hi DavidMa, thanks for sharing - how come there were no icon used?? You replied after your son had gone to sleep?

別墅

發表於 07-8-21 22:02 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 pcjai 於 07-8-21 20:46 發表
hi DavidMa, thanks for sharing - how come there were no icon used?? You replied after your son had gone to sleep?

Exactly!

大宅

積分: 1460

發表於 07-8-22 08:42 |顯示全部帖子
hahaha.......thanks for sharing!

珍珠宮

積分: 44134

發表於 08-4-12 16:50 |顯示全部帖子
幾好的!!冇咩大問題的!!!!!

首頁

尾頁

跳至