跳至

首頁

尾頁

洋房

積分: 88

61#
發表於 07-9-7 08:37 |只看該作者
SY_Mom,

I am not sure is she the same doctor as my friend's, just know my friend pay a lot too. But if you are not comfortable with her way, don't go back then.

Yes, there are couple Chinese herbal doctor in Cupertino.

Allergy to grass and tree is even worst than food, hard to avoid contact.

原文章由 SY_Mom 於 9/6/07 04:24 PM 發表
yungah,

actually my son seems to be ok with any foods. per the last skin test, he's fine with any of the 30+ food items (even fine with peanuts). his allergy is due to the trees, grass, pollen, and ...

大宅

積分: 1760

62#
發表於 07-9-7 08:59 |只看該作者
sigh ... i know ....
that's why i was not happy when i found out he's allergic to trees and grass, especially the slides are right under the big pine trees in the preschool's playground.
when i found that out, i've called a couple schools and asked if they have trees in their playground but unfortunately almost all of them do. crazy me!

anyway, there're trees (esp. pines, cypress, and cedar in N. Cal.) everywhere. and my son is defintely an outdoor guy and he has to gou out every day. so i just accept the reality!

if he's allergic to food, it's even easier. then we can try to avoid those food. so doctor said there's really nothing we can do (unless we move to HK, etc.) except taking medications on a daily basis.

btw, the chinese herbal doctor that my hubby's cousin seen can speak cantonese if i remember correctly.

原文章由 yungah 於 07-9-7 08:37 發表
SY_Mom,

I am not sure is she the same doctor as my friend's, just know my friend pay a lot too. But if you are not comfortable with her way, don't go back then.

Yes, there are couple Chinese herbal ...

[ 本文章最後由 SY_Mom 於 07-9-7 09:01 編輯 ]

洋房

63#
發表於 07-9-7 09:04 |只看該作者
How long does he need to take the medicine? Forever?

原文章由 SY_Mom 於 9/6/07 04:59 PM 發表
sigh ... i know ....
that's why i was not happy when i found out he's allergic to trees and grass, especially the slides are right under the big pine trees in the preschool's playground.
when i found ...

大宅

64#
發表於 07-9-7 09:13 |只看該作者
per my understanding from the doctor, it would be as long as he still has allergy. sigh ... i also raised the same question - does he need to take the medications til he's 40, 50, 60 ......?

i just try to give him Benadryl and Claritin as needed and try to make him nap every day coz he wakes up almost every night. abt 40-50% of the times giving him Benadryl so far. and i haven't started the prescribed medications yet. i think the doctor might afraid the potency of Benadryl will be reduced if he takes it on a long term basis, and it might not work again in case of emergency.

原文章由 yungah 於 07-9-7 09:04 發表
How long does he need to take the medicine? Forever?

洋房

65#
發表於 07-9-7 17:59 |只看該作者
Poor boy :-(

原文章由 SY_Mom 於 9/6/07 05:13 PM 發表
per my understanding from the doctor, it would be as long as he still has allergy. sigh ... i also raised the same question - does he need to take the medications til he's 40, 50, 60 ......?

i just ...

大宅

積分: 2431

66#
發表於 07-9-11 02:31 |只看該作者
原文章由 SY_Mom 於 07-9-7 09:13 發表

i just ...

SY mom
我細女是一到d新環境同緊張就發作
佢細細個同佢去playgrounp一入去5分鐘不夠就要走番出來

我依家每日幫佢搽Aveeno for ecamza果隻lotion返學
如果好痕咪搽止痕藥

妳不如唔好比呀仔留在學校太耐
讀半日得唔得?

我聽聞palmtree對敏感皮膚是最有害

不要唔開心啦
bb越大抵抗力就會增加同習慣
記唔記得我講過識一個小朋友佢一碰到palmtree, peanut butter和食錯野就要入院
佢每日也要打針食藥
但佢依家己不用打針
食藥也只是有需要先食
因佢媽咪話佢大個抵抗力好了同識認了
上一次見到佢己同其他小朋友一咁活潑

至於中醫是有效佢主要清毒
但要take time 要成日keep住看

[ 本文章最後由 whalebb 於 07-9-11 02:36 編輯 ]
學懂凡事感恩和感謝,孩子終身受用不盡

大宅

67#
發表於 07-9-11 08:27 |只看該作者
whalebb,

yes, stress is one of the reasons that trigger eczema. so as long as u don't let yr girl to be stressful and nervous, she'll be fine. in that case, yr girl's eczema will only happens once in a while, which is good.

actually my son's still enrolled in preschool for 1/2 days only although he's started school for 2 yrs already since he's 2. one of the major reasons that i still hesitate to let him go to school for full days is becoz of his eczema.
however, this year i really want him to try going to school for full days, coz i think he's even more behaved at school than staying at home with me. hopefully it'll be better when the weather starts to get cooler and he can wear long-sleeve shirt and long pants to school.

原文章由 whalebb 於 07-9-11 02:31 發表

SY mom
我細女是一到d新環境同緊張就發作
佢細細個同佢去playgrounp一入去5分鐘不夠就要走番出來

我依家每日幫佢搽Aveeno for ecamza果隻lotion返學
如果好痕咪搽止痕藥

妳不如唔好比呀仔留在學校太耐
讀半日得 ...

大宅

68#
發表於 07-9-12 00:59 |只看該作者
SY Mom
妳bb得2歲半咋
咁妳等佢三歲先讀Full day啦
我兩個女也是3歲幾先讀Full day
2歲時讀幾個鐘就走
我可能也要比細女讀番half day
看佢皮膚情況不過佢現在只是9-3
希望她無事我等了佢讀full day 好耐 (Free ar)
因為佢地仲細抵抗力無咁好
加上有時有d 同學仔因父母要返工病都要返學
我兩個女也試個比人轉染到病成個月無返學

細女小小時事就緊張
仲有時佢eczema一發作佢好活躍好"囉"命:-(

原文章由 SY_Mom 於 07-9-11 08:27 發表
whalebb,

yes, stress is one of the reasons that trigger eczema. so as long as u don't let yr girl to be stressful and nervous, she'll be fine. in that case, yr girl's eczema will only happens once ...
學懂凡事感恩和感謝,孩子終身受用不盡

大宅

69#
發表於 07-9-12 05:51 |只看該作者
whalebb,

no, my boy's already 4. i said he started preschool (1/2 day) when he's 2. he's been in preschool for 2 yrs now but still 1/2 day. i've been thinking to switch him to full day but always hesitated due to his eczema problem. thinking to let him try full day starting from next week .... but i haven't talked to the preschool director yet.

原文章由 whalebb 於 07-9-12 00:59 發表
SY Mom
妳bb得2歲半咋
咁妳等佢三歲先讀Full day啦
我兩個女也是3歲幾先讀Full day
2歲時讀幾個鐘就走
我可能也要比細女讀番half day
看佢皮膚情況不過佢現在只是9-3
希望她無事我等了佢讀full day 好耐 :ch ...

大宅

70#
發表於 07-9-13 02:40 |只看該作者
SY MOM
我痴痴地係啦!想想下同妳chat皮膚問題己好耐
無理由妳bb仲2 1/2 hehehe
我大女上到public school 1:30就放學
到明年開始先3:00其實遲早也要早放學
不如同佢學課外活動發揮和消耗下他的力量可能係屋企會變乖d

如果妳bb在學校皮膚唔好你想清楚先轉呀

原文章由 SY_Mom 於 07-9-12 05:51 發表
whalebb,

no, my boy's already 4. i said he started preschool (1/2 day) when he's 2. he's been in preschool for 2 yrs now but still 1/2 day. i've been thinking to switch him to full day but always ...
學懂凡事感恩和感謝,孩子終身受用不盡

大宅

71#
發表於 07-9-13 05:40 |只看該作者
whalebb,

that's ok ... i always hv short-term memory loss since i gave birth.

most likely we'll send him to private school next year for kindergarten. as far as i know, most of the private elementary schools will provide extended care after regular school hours for extra charge. so he can stay there til 5 or 6pm if we want.

he already goes to the Little Gym once a week since beginning of the year. he loves it so much. i might consider letting him to go there twice a week instead since we've stopped his swimming class now (due to eczema). let's see ... but his schedule is quite packed. plus he should have homework from preschool soon as he started to have homework in Oct. last year.
for karate, i wanna wait until next yr coz i'm a little worried that he might be using the skill to fight with other kids when he gets mad.

原文章由 whalebb 於 07-9-13 02:40 發表
SY MOM
我痴痴地係啦!想想下同妳chat皮膚問題己好耐
無理由妳bb仲2 1/2 hehehe
我大女上到public school 1:30就放學
到明年開始先3:00其實遲早也要早放學
不如同佢學課外活動發揮和消耗下他的力量 ...

民房

積分: 29

72#
發表於 07-9-13 09:18 |只看該作者
原文章由 purplechili 於 07-8-25 13:42 發表
而家好多Pre-School 都話自己係Montessori教學法,但有幾正統?無人知!
因為DPre-School係咁二掛名叫Montessori就會收貴D學費!
有DPre-School係全部老師有受過Montessori 訓導,學校又有牌。最好查清楚學校Montessori的定義由邊 ...

Thx so much for your info. I had read a few books about home-schooling which also highly appreciated this method. But your explaination is clear + concise! I choose mixed Monterssori method for homeschooling my 5 year old. She is quite fond of other group activies lik Sunday school (English speaking), play with the neighbours (Thai speaking), + ballet class (Thai speaking, I intentionally to do so to burst her up with her Thai), piano lesson (Cantonese with Mandarin, Thai + English, the teacher is fr. Ghong Zhou).
The Lord is my shephard, I never will be in need.

大宅

73#
發表於 07-9-14 03:04 |只看該作者
我己達到無記性的最高境界
好似返學連個女d功課check完也唔記得拿
唔記得幫佢交lunch fee
我細女swimming ok wor!
佢是先搽Vaslin跟著Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock lotion
係呀我大女被同學糾訴話佢對人起飛腳
但係是老師見到係果位同學攪佢先
佢一起飛腳嚇到同學即刻走
不過我也覺得自已個女有錯也叫佢同人道歉
但我一想起以前佢未學跆拳道比人攪也不識保護自已.............

我大女Public school 也有after school program
大概400-500元
我想我有二個即大概1千元
我出去做工也只可做part time
咁我份人工無哂自已接返好過啦

原文章由 SY_Mom 於 07-9-13 05:40 發表
whalebb,

that's ok ... i always hv short-term memory loss since i gave birth.

most likely we'll send him to private school next year for kindergarten. as far as i know, most of the private elementa ...

[ 本文章最後由 whalebb 於 07-9-14 03:07 編輯 ]
學懂凡事感恩和感謝,孩子終身受用不盡

首頁

尾頁

跳至