May I know when you are travelling?

Thanks,
matt_mami

複式洋房

積分: 484

22#
發表於 04-4-20 19:43 |只看該作者

Re: Summer holiday to Toronto

I will go to Toronto on 28 May 2004, and will be back on 25 Jun 2004.

大宅

積分: 4360

23#
發表於 04-4-27 16:38 |只看該作者

I've asked my agent that your fare only applies to travel of 30 days or less. I thought you were going there for almost 2 months. Are you going there with your kid by yourself and not with your husband? Do you know that you need to bring a letter written by your husband that he allows you to travel with your kid without him?

複式洋房

24#
發表於 04-4-27 17:49 |只看該作者

Dear matt_mami,

My air ticket is only valid for 30 days. My daughter will go with me. I am now going to book the air ticket for my husband with the same flight & schedule through the same travel agent and may be not sucessful.

You mentioned that I need to bring along such letter, I don't understand why I have to bring so. Can you tell me why? I have called my agent, she said she hasn't heard about such things unless I am not her mother, then you need to get a letter of consent from the parent; or I have got divorced, then I need to get my husband's written approval.

By the way, for security purpose, I will bring along my daughter's birth certificate even her passport has an endorsement.

大宅

25#
發表於 04-4-27 23:26 |只看該作者

Hi ingrid-mama,

I thought your husband is not going with you and your daughter. If he is going with you, then you don't need the letter. Actually I just found out about that letter as I am in the process of applying the passport for my son and it is stated on the instructions.

matt_mami

複式洋房

26#
發表於 04-4-27 23:49 |只看該作者

matt_mami,

My husband will not go with me because the travel agents told me that the flight has fully booked. Therefore he can't go with us. But I will book another airline for him.
I still don't understand what kind of letter is that?
You said you are now applying a passport for your son, you mean canada passport or HKSAR passport?

大宅

27#
發表於 04-4-28 16:51 |只看該作者

Hi ingrid-mama,

I am applying for both Canada and SAR passport for my son because I have Canadian citizenship and I want to get the HK ID card for him.

I also don't know the format of the letter but on the application for Canadian passport, under "Documentation to Facilitate Travel Abroad", it says that if the child is travelling with one parent, a letter signed and dated from the other parent authorizing travel may be required to support the entry of a child to another country.

matt_mami

複式洋房

28#
發表於 04-4-28 19:32 |只看該作者

Dear matt_mami,

我已查閱加拿大領事館的網址,在申請旅行護照的指引內真的有提及Letter of Consent一事,我看完後真的覺得很荒謬。

另外我亦找到已下網址關於Letter of Consent的sample:
www.voyage.gc.ca/main/before/consent_letter-en.sp希望能幫到你。
我husband最後都不能和我坐同一班機,他乘Continental。
How about you?你幾時出發?

大宅

29#
發表於 04-4-28 23:18 |只看該作者

Hi ingrid-mama,

I think what the Canandian government is saying is that if Canadians are travelling to another country with just one parent, then it is advisable to have a letter of consent from the other parent. Since you are travelling through the US and the US immigration is normally quite troublesome, you might bring that letter with you. Too bad you can't travel together with your husband.

I should be going on June 1 and returning on July 24.

matt_mami

洋房

積分: 84

30#
發表於 04-4-29 10:39 |只看該作者

Hi both Ingrid-mama & matt_mami,

After seeing your conversation, make me very confuse on your child travelling problem. Why he need a Documentation to Facilitate Travel Abroad if the child is travelling with one parent.

My daughter is also holding Canadian Passport, no letter need to prepare while she travel with either me or my husband.

Christy1999

複式洋房

31#
發表於 04-4-29 20:16 |只看該作者

Dear Christy1999,
Canada government is strongly recommended a letter of consent but not a must. (I have checked)
I also think that it is very ridiculous. But anyway, I will prepare such letter for safety.

Dear matt_mami,
My travel agent told me that the airticket from June to August is really tight. Have you reserved any airticket? If not yet, I suggest you should better go ahead?
Why are you so late to apply the passport for your baby? How old is he/she? I was only applied the Canadian passport for my daughter. You said you will apply the HKSAR passport also. Why? Is it a necessity? Please share your view?

大宅

32#
發表於 04-4-29 23:47 |只看該作者

Hi ingrid-mama,

My son is 9 months old. I didn't apply for a passport earlier as he didn't need to travel. Also, I applied for the citizenship card in December 2003 (a bit late even though he was born in July 2003) and was hoping that if I get that now, then I can apply for a permanent passport (3 years) instead of a temporary passport (I think it's 1 year). Anyway, it only takes 10 working days to get the passport so I think it should be ok.

Also, I applied for the SAR passport for my son only to get the HK ID card. If you get the HK ID card, then you don't need to bring his birth certificate along as proof for right of abode when returning to HK.

matt_mami

洋房

積分: 84

33#
發表於 04-4-30 14:29 |只看該作者

Hi matt_mami,

You are right! If you don't want to bring birth cert every time, you need to apply HKID for the BB. However, for my case, my BB is born at Canada 2002, after I back HK, I apply her for Permanent resident in HK, then she got a permanent resident chop on her Canadian passport. I don't want to waste $$ to apply her a HKSAR passport in order to get together HKID. The immigration said my kid can wait to apply HKID until her Aged 11. But for my case, my BB need to fill a small form when she leave & arrive HK for custom use.

I also heard from my agent before, he told air Canada has promotion to TRN, depart before 30 June, valid for 30 days. Cost HK$6,xxx.

Christy1999

大宅

34#
發表於 04-5-1 10:31 |只看該作者

Hi Christy1999,

Thanks for your information. Since I will be going for more than 30 days, I can't take advantage of the cheaper fare.

matt_mami

首頁

尾頁

跳至