發表於 04-3-19 08:49 |只看該作者

Re: 星加坡旅遊日記!

jchan好似話係東方呀!.....不過$80一餐食雞飯,打死都吾會食,出面美食中心最多$20咋!如果你問我....我會覺得"華香雞"仲好食! :-P

男爵府

積分: 5428

102#
發表於 04-3-19 09:18 |只看該作者

umm, it is 文華. The one in HK is Mandarin Oriental, so I always mix up the two. I double checked a travel guide last night and it should be at Mandarin Hotel, Orchard Road.

水晶宮

積分: 67786

醒目開學勳章 BK Milk勳章

103#
發表於 04-3-19 10:56 |只看該作者

The hotel should call "The Oriental" (The Oriental is Singapore's only Mandarin Oriental hotel - quoted from the web site) in Orchard Road i.e.what we said in Hong Kong 文華東方.

I am not sure whether the cafe is called "Charterbox". Last time, when I entered the hotel I asked the staff there "Where is the cafe to eat 海南雞飯?" He brought me there. Everyone in the cafe order 海南雞飯.

我都想"打死都吾會食",不過無幾何去就算.我都覺得HK雞比較有雞味!

melvinma
Do you think that it is too late for my to book the air fare to Singapore and the resort in 民丹島 from 3-7 April? Any suggestion (travel agent) for me?

男爵府

104#
發表於 04-3-19 12:09 |只看該作者

A very interesting subject. As far as I know, there are three hotels with similar names in Singapore:
(1) Oriental Hotel - in Marina Square, under the MandarinOriental group;
(2) Marina Mandarin Hotel – also in Marina Square;
(3) Meritus Mandarin Hotel – on Orchard Road, where you can find the Chatterbox. It claims itself as “chicken rice capital of the world”. The website is www.mandarin-hotel.com.sg

I just want to make sure that no one here will go to the wrong place. Don't take it seriously. Afterall, there may be no one here want to have chicken rice. :-P

Let's share our information and experience.

大宅

積分: 1354

105#
發表於 04-3-19 13:47 |只看該作者

KristyMum,

I know Raffles is not only a famous hotel, but a scenic spot, in Singapore. I saw its pictures. If circumstances allow, I would certainly love to have a visit. I have to see if sumsum will cooperate in Singapore.

Hainan Chicken Rice? My hubby and I both like it and it will surely be one of our choices for the meals in those few days. Maybe I can check if it is the Mandarin or the Oriental when I visit Orchard Road.

Better Clarke Quay on Saturday? Then I should swap the itineraries for Friday and Saturday lah. Thanks for your advice. :-P :-P :-P

大宅

106#
發表於 04-3-19 13:56 |只看該作者

melvinma,

Many thanks for your useful comments on my proposed itineraries. Where is 'Suntec City'? How can I get there from Orchard Road?

I am also worried that I have to carry many shopping bags to the Zoo or the Clarke Quay but we have only limited few nights in Singapore ..... headache.....

大宅

107#
發表於 04-3-19 14:08 |只看該作者

babyjerry,

The proposed itinerary is just an initial try and needs further funetining. It's drawn up as a guide only. I also think that I may not be able to follow all. It all depends on sumsum's performance. Same as you, if sumsum does not cooperate, the city tours may be given up and we'll have some leisure activities in Sentosa instead.

Most hotels allow late check out at 3 p.m. subject to availability of rooms. You can always make a request whenever you make the room reservation or check in the hotel but of course there is no guarantee.

I have made full payment of my package this morning. Window and infant seats on plane (42J,K and 30J,K) reserved for round journey. Child meal ordered. Late check out requested. Free admission to the Zoo and 20% off Discount coupon for Night Safari secured.

Are we sitting close to each other? If you cannot recognise sumsum, just come to my seat to say hi lah. I live in HK East and will most probably depart for CLK airport at about 6 am....so early...

男爵府

積分: 7328

108#
發表於 04-3-19 14:17 |只看該作者

Summama,

I've fully paid but the package is not arrived yet since I bought it thru agency.......the agency will deliver it to me once they got it from CX.

I will surely come to say hi once me meet in airport or in airplane.

BTW, is Sum Sum a mixed baby? She is so cute.

大宅

積分: 1157

109#
發表於 04-3-19 14:31 |只看該作者

[quote]
melvinma 寫道:
KristyMum & JChan
星無新鮮雞食全部係冰鮮!所以我覺得HK雞比較有雞味!
果度有好多馬拉榴槤!分晒號碼...12D 24D XO...鍾意可以食下!細細粒一人一個!撞

水晶宮

醒目開學勳章 BK Milk勳章

110#
發表於 04-3-19 15:22 |只看該作者

KristyMum
Agreed with your "research" (three hotels with similar names).

The one I went was (3) Meritus Mandarin Hotel (Orchard Road) Chatterbox Coffeehouse. I remembered that when I went to Singapore in 2000, the tour guide said there are 3 文華酒店. Don't mix them up.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

KristyMum 寫道:
A very interesting subject. As far as I know, there are three hotels with similar names in Singapore:
(1) Oriental Hotel - in Marina Square, under the MandarinOriental group;
(2) Marina Mandarin Hotel – also in Marina Square;
(3) Meritus Mandarin Hotel – on Orchard Road, where you can find the Chatterbox. It claims itself as “chicken rice capital of the world”. The website is www.mandarin-hotel.com.sg

I just want to make sure that no one here will go to the wrong place. Don't take it seriously. Afterall, there may be no one here want to have chicken rice. :-P

Let's share our information and experience.

水晶宮

醒目開學勳章 BK Milk勳章

111#
發表於 04-3-19 15:25 |只看該作者

Agreed.
華香雞 in Yuen Long is the best. I don't know why.
melvinma 寫道:
如果你問我....我會覺得"華香雞"仲好食! :-P

男爵府

112#
發表於 04-3-19 15:43 |只看該作者

jchan,
nice to chat with you here. Are you looking for a Bintan package? I just bought one from Lotus Tour. They post packages on the web - www.lotus-tours.com. One small tip- you can bargain. I don't know about that but at the end, they offer free breakfast for my child.

水晶宮

醒目開學勳章 BK Milk勳章

113#
發表於 04-3-19 17:14 |只看該作者

Dear KristyMum
Nice to chat with you too.

How much you pay for your Bintan package and the date?

It's very nice of you to share your experience here. I remembered that I booked the hotels in London (Holiday Inn Kings Cross - 305 pounds for 4 people of five days in Feb 2004) through your recommendation in "去英國邊個月最好??".

I should say thank you very much to you a long time ago. It's really a very good deal for our family.

大宅

114#
發表於 04-3-19 17:35 |只看該作者

babyjerry,

So is mine. CX said the air tickets and the hotel vouchers would be delivered to me on 25/3. The tickets should be e-tickets.

Sumsum is a pure Chinese. She was dark when she was small. With big eyes, she looked like a Pakistan. Fortunately, color of her complexion became lighter when she grew bigger. The picture was taken when she was about 5-month old, if I remember right. 18 months past but she looks quite the same.

男爵府

115#
發表於 04-3-19 17:50 |只看該作者

Jchan,

Oh really? I am glad to hear that my travel tips are useful. Actually, I am benefited by BK as well, ranging from food, travel, child education to school, etc. So many members share valuable information and tips with us.

My Bintan package is $3180 for an adult and $2080 for a child, including 3 nights at Nirwana Resort, daily breakfast, air ticket to Singapore and ferry/land transfer to Bintan resort. I will stay from 6 to 9 April.

男爵府

積分: 7328

116#
發表於 04-3-20 08:51 |只看該作者

Summama,

Can I make the late check-out request upon arriving hotel or I must thru the travel agency to make such a request?

大宅

117#
發表於 04-3-20 18:04 |只看該作者

babyjerry,

Of course you can make it when you check in at the Sentosa Resort because even when you make it early, the late check out cannot be guaranteed. I just wish the hotel deluxe rooms would not be fully booked on 4/4 so that my request for late check out can be entertained.

大宅

積分: 1644

118#
發表於 04-3-20 22:29 |只看該作者

JChan
華香雞係自家走地雞,當然有味D!所以香港人咪吾想政府學星政府o罹,實行中央屠"再"!全部冰鮮雞! :-(
番星我通常係買"CXor星航假期"package,吾怕比人呃!而家book都未必會太遲,因為而家D人去晒日本同台灣,星又未到great sale....maybe會仲有房!...GO GO GO!

大宅

119#
發表於 04-3-20 22:33 |只看該作者

pat
good wood park hotel聖誕大餐仲正呀.....
200蚊/hkd...以經有5星級水準!...有機會去Tea一T...好出名o架!

大宅

120#
發表於 04-3-20 22:42 |只看該作者

Summama
Suntec City係Marina Square隔離啦,即係書介招"財富之泉"所在地,如果你第2日吾想又行烏節,你搭MRT去City Hall,然後從地下街,一直行十五分鐘便會到!
大包細包係好平常,你忍得住吾買衫買鞋買LV,都忍吾住吾買小朋友o野!...所以咪一定要帶車仔o罹!環保購物車!

首頁

尾頁

跳至