跳至

首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 2751

1#
發表於 08-1-16 23:42 |只看該作者
We grants the PR visa and planning the initial entry to Australia in April.
Does anyone have the information about the initial entry to Australia? Is it nesscessary to have our initial entry at the place we mentioned in our application?

大宅

積分: 1324

2#
發表於 08-1-17 13:18 |只看該作者
Hi,

It is NOT necessary to have your initial entry at the place that you had mentioned in your application.

We just made our first entry on Jan 1, 2008. When we passed throught the Immigration, we noticed the officer didn't stamp the day chop on our passports so we checked with them and they said our entry has been computerised at their system so there is no record on the passports. Hope you understand what I mean.

Hope the above help.

Ingridmosa

原文章由 tvoincy 於 08-1-16 23:42 發表
We grants the PR visa and planning the initial entry to Australia in April.
Does anyone have the information about the initial entry to Australia? Is it nesscessary to have our initial entry at the ...

複式洋房

積分: 151

3#
發表於 08-1-17 13:23 |只看該作者
Dear both,

we've just made initial entry on mid Dec 07.

May I know if u 2 are planning to settle in Australia or not?

We're still not so sure, I am not sure if i would like to be a full time housewife as i am working here and have a helper to help the routines. Can u share some of your thoughts?

大宅

4#
發表於 08-1-17 13:37 |只看該作者
Hi,

We are planning to move to Australia by the end of 2008. Most probably, my hubby will move there first to look for job and house and try to set up everythink as much as possible. As my baby is still very small so it will be a burden to him to take care of me and the baby if we move togather at a time.

I am also a working mom and has maid here but I know that I will be a housewife at the initial stage in Australia as I need to take care of my child before she goes to childcare. I am willing and prepared to have this change for my dear daughter. Just enjoy to grow your child.

Ingridmosa

原文章由 KT-mom 於 08-1-17 13:23 發表
Dear both,

We're still not so sure, I am not sure if i would like to be a full time housew ...

複式洋房

5#
發表於 08-1-18 10:15 |只看該作者
Ingridmosa,

I see, so you have no reservations at all!

Hope that I will have that peace when I made up my mind.

By the way, I would like to verify one thing, our visa is approved after 1 July 07 and will be expired in mid 2012, I heard that now we have to stay in Australia for 4 years for the citizenship, my husband has an idea that it is OK for that 4 years to be from mid 2012 onwards, is that true?

Actually, I like to move asap and do not plan to come back to live / work in HK again, but my husband always thought of coming back years later. ....

[ 本文章最後由 KT-mom 於 08-1-18 10:19 編輯 ]

大宅

6#
發表於 08-1-18 14:07 |只看該作者
Hi :

Yes, it is required to stay 4 years for the citizenship. I am not sure if your hubby is correct or not.....seems he wants to stay in HK until the last minutes.

Actually we are not going to apply the citizenship even we have stayed more than 4 years, we just want the PR, ie right to stay in Oz. Means that we will still hold our HKSAR passports so that we could be stay in both places...be more flexible.

One of our friend who is a Singaporean, he has been worked and lived in Oz more than 10 years and still holding his Singapore passport.

The different of the citizenship and the PR is just the right to vote. Of course, for my baby, we will let her to choose when she grow up.

Different person has different visa granted so I think you better check their related website for the terms and conditions. For us, we got a multi-visa which we could in and out Oz with a expiry date on March 2012.

Hope the above help and stay in touch.

Ingridmosa

原文章由 KT-mom 於 08-1-18 10:15 發表
Ingridmosa,

I see, so you have no reservations at all!

Hope that I will have that peace when I made up my mind.

By the way, I would like to verify one thing, our visa is approved after 1 July 07 ...

複式洋房

積分: 491

7#
發表於 08-1-18 18:44 |只看該作者
You can still hold your HK passport even you are Australian citizen

洋房

積分: 415

8#
發表於 08-1-18 19:21 |只看該作者
Hilarychan is right, you still can hold your HKSAR passport and/or BNO passport even you got Australian citizenship.

原文章由 hilarychan 於 08-1-18 18:44 發表
You can still hold your HK passport even you are Australian citizen

大宅

9#
發表於 08-1-20 00:11 |只看該作者
原文章由 KT-mom 於 08-1-17 13:23 發表
Dear both,

We're still not so sure, I am not sure if i would like to be a full time housew ...

KT-mom,

My situation quite similiar to you, but we have deciding to settle in Oz after my son has complete the kindergarten in HK (before 2012).

大宅

10#
發表於 08-1-20 00:14 |只看該作者
原文章由 Ingridmosa 於 08-1-17 13:18 發表
Hi,

It is NOT necessary to have your initial entry at the place that you had mentioned in your application.

We just made our first entry on Jan 1, 2008. When we passed throught the Immigration, we ...

Ingridmosa,

Thank you for your information.
We are planning our initial entry on the coming April.

大宅

11#
發表於 08-1-21 13:07 |只看該作者
Thanks the info. form Hilarychan and cheeky. Will discuss with my hubby this.

[/quote]

大宅

12#
發表於 08-1-21 13:08 |只看該作者
Hi tvoincy:

Have a good trip.....

原文章由 tvoincy 於 08-1-20 00:14 發表

Ingridmosa,

Thank you for your information.
We are planning our initial entry on the coming April.

複式洋房

13#
發表於 08-1-22 13:31 |只看該作者
Dear all moms,

Thanks for the useful info.

tvoinchy - why you will go only after ur kid complete kindergarten?

大宅

14#
發表於 08-1-22 15:30 |只看該作者
原文章由 KT-mom 於 08-1-22 13:31 發表
Dear all moms,

Thanks for the useful info.

tvoinchy - why you will go only after ur kid complete kindergarten?

My son is a single child and he has delay in speech, so we like him to build up his mother tongue in here first. Beside, both grand-parents are not willing to hear this mirgation news.

複式洋房

15#
發表於 08-1-23 13:38 |只看該作者
tvoincy

your son is only 2 year something, it would be a bit early to say his has speech delay. Don't be too worried! Spend more time with him and let him has more exposure to people.

大宅

16#
發表於 08-2-22 17:20 |只看該作者
Ingridmosa & KT-mom,

What I have to do during the short stay (planning for 2 week) for the initial entry time? Do I need to apply the Tax File number & the Medicare this time? Or it is okay to apply later?

If nothing special, I like to spend few days at Gold Coast.
Please advise.

Thanks!

[ 本文章最後由 tvoincy 於 08-2-22 17:22 編輯 ]

大宅

17#
發表於 08-2-25 12:23 |只看該作者
Hi,

I think you don't need to apply both this time if you are not going to settle there in the near future but you may consider to open an account at the Bank.

Regards,
Ingridmosa

原文章由 tvoincy 於 08-2-22 17:20 發表
Ingridmosa & KT-mom,

What I have to do during the short stay (planning for 2 week) for the initial entry time? Do I need to apply the Tax File number & the Medicare this time? Or it is okay to apply ...

大宅

積分: 1220

好媽媽勳章

18#
發表於 08-3-23 03:35 |只看該作者
Hello all nice mum here,

I've a few questions regarding migration application.

1) I've submitted my application last Sept, but I still have not received the file no...... Normally how long does it take to get the file no.?

2) As I know, if the application has been approved, then we need to have medical check. Is it possible that I can go to have the medical check myself before the getting the notice to do so? The reason is, we are planning to have BB anytime this year, therefore, I worry that if I will be pregnant before receiving the notice, I cannot have X-ray...

3) If 2) is fessible, can I just make appointment with the list of doctors in this website? http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/c/peoples-republic-of-china/hong-kong/panel-doctors.htm

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE.

複式洋房

積分: 455

19#
發表於 08-3-28 18:01 |只看該作者
我都係上年8月入紙申請,到2008年2月尾先收到file no.,仍未收到通知做medical check!

大宅

積分: 1220

好媽媽勳章

20#
發表於 08-3-29 01:12 |只看該作者
Dear Room5674,
Thanks for your reply....
So, did you send the application form early Aug or late aug?
I've learnt from the immigration dept website that there are lots of applications at the end of Aug (due to change of point system from Sept)..therefore, the application process is delaying...
So, I can onlly wait....
For the medical check, I've callled up the medical centres...some said I can do the checking in advance..

首頁

尾頁

跳至