跳至

首頁

尾頁

別墅

積分: 862

1#
發表於 04-4-23 13:47 |只看該作者

點樣教BB自己進食?

I give my son a bowl and spoon to let him plat and try to use it when we eat. He now knows how to put the food into mouth by using spoon if I place the small cude of fruit/rice/biscuit on the spoon. But he does not know how to pick up the food from bowl to spoon and from bowl to mouth by hand.

Always, he will drop the food on table or floor and try to twist it by fingers. It makes himself and the place dirty. So I dare not to give me liquid food like congee or cereal to eat.

I tried to put small pieces of biscuit on the bowl and taught him how to pick up and put into mouth. He refused and only twisted the biscuit by fingers.

How to teach baby eat indenpently step by step?

大宅

積分: 1429

2#
發表於 04-4-26 02:24 |只看該作者

Re: 點樣教BB自己進食?

hi,

I teach my 1 year old daughter to feed herself by hands since she was only 8 months, she did well. Then I gave her a spoon to play with when I need to feed her congee etc. She make a mess and some foods on the floor or even on her head but thats ok. I believe she can learn how to feed herself that way.

Now, she is 1 year old and know how use spoon and fork to feed herself the whole meal but still mess and dirty (will use hands sometime). I dont mind to clean up after her meal, the important things is she can learn and become more independent.

別墅

3#
發表於 04-4-26 10:31 |只看該作者

Thank you for your advice.

Did you let her eat indepently at the beginning? That means you put some congee into her bowl and let her eat by spoon. At the same time, you feed her with another bowl and spoon.

My son now knows how to put food into mouth by using spoon but does not know how to pick up food from bowl by spoon. Any suggestion on how to teach him this?

大宅

4#
發表於 04-4-26 14:41 |只看該作者

She doesnt like to have congee and doesnt like me to feed her with spoon. So, I seldom to serve her congee since she was 9 to 10 months old, only once a while or I cook some veggies and chicken piece for her to pick up and I feed her congee with another spoon.

At the begining, she was using her hands but I still give her a spoon to play with. I cook something that she can pick up easily like pasta, veggies and meat. Actually, you dont have to cook congee everytime, always eat congee will make them doesnt know how to chew.

You can hold your baby's hand to teach him/her to use spoon everytime, my daughter learn that after a while.

BTW, how old is your child?

別墅

5#
發表於 04-4-26 15:25 |只看該作者

He is 13 months old but his teeth is still growing. So he cannot chew hard food.

He now knows how to use spoon to eat if I place the small cube of food like orange, papaya, soft rice... on his spoon. But he plays the food which in the bowl.

Do I need to teach him how to pick up good to eat from bowl by fingers?

It is difficult for him to pick up food from bowl by spoons. When do I teach him this technique and how?

大宅

6#
發表於 04-4-27 00:15 |只看該作者

You can try to hold his hands (when he is holding a spoon) to pick up the foods from bowl, it will let him know how. I still do that for my daughter sometime. Also, try different kind of spoon. I found that my daughter use a small Chinese soup spoon is more easy to pick up food.... remember is small one!! or you can try to use another spoon to help your son to put the food into his spoon when he is trying.

My daughter only play with the foods when she is full. Normally, she eat very good at the beginning (like a adult.. haha...)

Dont know if it helps or not but its work for my girl. I dont think you need to let him eat by hands if he starting to use a spoon now. Dont worry, he will know after you hold his hands to pick up more.

According to some baby web site, 13months baby will start to feel interest to use spoon. Your son is not late and doing good too. I know some baby even dont know how to put it into their mouth too.

My daughter also 13 months. She is Mar 27, yours is??

別墅

7#
發表於 04-4-27 09:11 |只看該作者

Thanks a lot for your sharing. It's useful. Thanks again.

I ask my maid to let him use spoon to eat from this afternoon. Hope the progress is good.

My son's birthday is on 30/3.

首頁

尾頁

跳至