跳至

首頁

尾頁

複式洋房

積分: 174

1#
發表於 04-4-27 19:24 |只看該作者

How to handle two maids?

My second maid is arriving soon. Anybody can give me advice how to separate duties for the two? One should be focused in the 2 1/2 yr old girl and the other one for new born. However, how to distribute work for common duties? What to do if there are broken items, lost of things...etc. Any ideas or experiences share with me?

Thanks.

複式洋房

積分: 407

2#
發表於 04-4-28 08:55 |只看該作者

Re: How to handle two maids?

I am using two maids. Filipino maid is the old maid and Indonesian maid is the new maid. As bun bun likes children and she is familiar with my elder daughter, I let her take care of the two children and Indonesian maid do the the housework.

However, bun bun becomes more emotional as she always thinks that I am only appreciate my Indonesian maid (in fact she is quite hard-working). Bun bun begins ignoring my daughter and only likes my baby son.

I clearly explained to them of their major duties but they agreed by their own to re-arrange their responsibilities without my consent. e.g. Bun bun is the major cook of my family and now that Indo. maid also needs to cook. My Indo. maid is also trained with taking care of baby by bun bun. The normal phenomenon is that one needs to do many jobs and the other one become lazy....

My only experience is that: try to fairly treat them (in front of them) and check their job responsbilities on a timely basis to see whether it is necessary to re-assign their jobs.

Don't expect 1+1=2. This kind of combination is only 1+1=1.5!

別墅

積分: 864

3#
發表於 04-4-28 12:39 |只看該作者

my experience is that you should set up a separate work schedule for each of them and review it with them from time to time. Never leave them to sort out otherwise you will be their bun bun and they will try to shed the faults to other in case anything goes wrong. Another issue is that they will collaborate and fool you around.

Perhaps it is better to employ one bun bun and one part time helper. one last word, bun bun if not supervised is already a monster and two will make things worse

男爵府

積分: 6787

4#
發表於 04-4-28 12:54 |只看該作者

My two helpers are related. The old maid is her early 20's and the new one (now already working for 5 mths) is the auntie of the old one, now 24-yr-old. They are both Filipina.

My old maid is more smart and is patient to play with kids (i have a 2-yr-old and a 10-mth-old) while the new maid is a bit stupid but hardworking. She would take care of the little one e.g. changing of nappies, feeding, etc but she does not know how to play with toddlers. My old maid mainly takes care of my elder child while the new one look after the 2nd child. They would clean the floor, window, toilets together. I didn't tell them exactly who does what but they would share the workload. So far my house is very clean and my kids are happy and healthy. I think I'm lucky...

複式洋房

5#
發表於 04-4-28 14:42 |只看該作者

You are obviously very luckly 'cos I hv a neighbour who hired two related maids but end up with trouble. They both stick together and lied to the employer when dealing with certain matters.

My first maid is Indonesian and the new one comming will be Philipina. Hope it works.

別墅

積分: 864

6#
發表於 04-4-28 17:21 |只看該作者

yes, you are really really lucky. I have all sort of experience (from friends) that two maids if they are related would not work because one day they will work against you. Hope you can keep the two good maids

大宅

積分: 4309

7#
發表於 04-4-28 18:03 |只看該作者

My case is similar to prettywife's.

My two helpers are sisters. The elder one has worked for me 6 years. The younger one 2 years.

My old maid (married with 3 kids) is more smart and is patient to play with the kids (6 years & 2 years). The younger one (single and never been a maid) is a bit cool and stupid but getting improve after several counseling.

I leave them to arrange the housework including taking care of the kids among themselves. In these 2 years, my house is clean and tidy. My kids are happy and healthy.

大宅

積分: 1154

8#
發表於 04-4-29 10:55 |只看該作者

Hi, I have the similar situation, my old maid is filipino and has been working for us for 2.5 years since my eldest son was born. Then we employed a part time local helper when our youngest son was born 1.5 years ago. But they did not get on very well, mainly because the filipino maid feels that her position is taken over by the local helper and they always complain to me about each other. Plus now we've moved to Discovery Bay and the local helper finds it too far for her to travel everyday. So we're getting our second maid next month, she is an Indonesian and we were told that indonesian maids are more hard working, and more loyal to employers unlike the filipino. But we're finding it difficult how to allocate the work to each of them, because ultimately it's impossible to split the work load to 2 equal shares. And also I want to know how to deal with their holidays, as the indonesian maids have less holidays than the filipino.

複式洋房

9#
發表於 04-4-29 17:57 |只看該作者

Most of the Indonesians would know their own holidays are different in numbers with Philippinas. You hv to get the agent to explain to the Indo maid.

BTW, for those who has two maids, how to handle when something is broken, lost or damaged? One will say the other breaks it, the other one might denied.

民房

積分: 21

10#
發表於 04-4-29 18:12 |只看該作者

其實要用第二個工人前,先問下現任果個,問下佢有冇親戚朋友想過黎香港做野,叫佢介紹,咁咪唔使驚兩個工人唔夾囉

首頁

尾頁

跳至