少年成長

跳至

首頁

尾頁

洋房

積分: 79

發表於 09-3-6 21:22 |顯示全部帖子
my 21month old son has become very attached to me ever since i gave birth to my 2nd son who is almost 6months old. His behavior has gotten worse and worse. I have a live-in helper who has been with us since he was born, but he doesn't want anybody but me to help him change clothes, take bath etc. Everytime i try to take care of my 2nd son he starts misbehaving.

he can't control his temper. he wont brush his teeth. he cries for a long long time, sometimes until he throws up.

i stopped working when he was 7months old and have been taking care of him 90% of the time. Mostly my helper just does chores at home and cooks.

I want to be able spend more time with my 2nd son and help my 1st son feel comfortable without me and not jealous of his brother.

sorry my computer can't type chinese.

別墅

積分: 920

發表於 09-3-9 20:18 |顯示全部帖子
I think it is very normal for your older son to feel jealours or upset, coz he had you all to himself before his little brother comes into the picture. I think the most important thing to you to do is (a suggestion only) that you can involve your older son a bit more into taking care of his little brother, like pass you a nappy or bottle, or when the baby cries you can ask him to help comfort his little brother. You may have to make him feel proud being a big brother instead of thinking of that you need to spend more time with your baby. If this continue... emm... big problem. I used to be a kindgergarten teacher I've seen so many parents complaining to me about how their first born always jealous when baby arrives. I think you should, at least for now, spend more time with your older son, just to make him feel more important.

原帖由 soonayuen 於 09-3-6 21:22 發表
my 21month old son has become very attached to me ever since i gave birth to my 2nd son who is almost 6months old. His behavior has gotten worse and worse. I have a live-in helper who has been with u ...

首頁

尾頁

跳至