anyone live in MElbourne?

as title

男爵府

積分: 7794

2#
發表於 05-3-7 04:58 |只看該作者

Re: anyone live in MElbourne?

tammygiraffe...
香港媽咪可能唔太多, 我去美國前住喺melbourne成6-7年... Boxhill 好多香港人, 你係咪想揾番啲香港媽咪friends?但佢哋大多數係christian..你mind 唔mind?
你住邊附近啊?

別墅

積分: 786

3#
發表於 05-3-11 00:18 |只看該作者

Yes I live in Melbourne for almost 6 yrs; I found Australia is too quiet, boring to be honest....

I just gave birth to a bb girl last Aug; busy w/ the bb now.... How long have u been in Melbourne ar???

男爵府

積分: 7794

4#
發表於 05-3-13 11:58 |只看該作者

AhKa,
咦.... 你98-99年去墨爾本架...?可惜嗰時唔識你啦...
我97-98年去sydney, 99年落墨爾本上大學... 讀La trobe 嘅bundoora campus, 所以以前住 preston, reservoir, 同bundoora... 有BB之後先迫住辭咗Austin hospital 份工跟老公返紐約, 佢嘅老家..
我好鐘意melbourne嘅靜同與世無爭, 個個weekend我最鐘意一起身, 整件toast, 一杯奶茶(decaf)同我6隻貓喺back yard晒太陽....好寧靜, 好舒服...
好認同你講, 墨爾本係好悶.... 唏!反正妳而家又要湊女, 我個妹豬豬Amanda 剛好大你個女一年, 佢而家19個月lu....

別墅

積分: 762

5#
發表於 05-4-11 20:46 |只看該作者

好耐無入來呢個討論區, 原來都有媽咪住 melbourne, 我都係住 melbourne 架!AhKa, Nillie_mami 你們好!

AhKa, 你住那裡?你剛來 melbourne 嗎?我地可以交流下, 我移民到 melbourne 已經六年多了, 我同 Nillie_mami 一樣都好 enjoy 呢度的寧靜, 加上生左小朋友, 所以決定留下來。
珍惜生命、把握今天,因為仍活著不是偶然,也不是必然! :-P

別墅

積分: 786

6#
發表於 05-6-5 14:58 |只看該作者

Hi JimVan
I have been here for almost 5yrs... I live in Burwood, how about u?? I found Oz is too quiet, since I had a bb girl now, keeping me busy all the time....
Do u look after your bb yourself or u let your kid(s) go to the child care?? as I m thinking to let ah b to go to child care for 1-2 morning, at least she can play with other kids...
Ah Ka

珍珠宮

積分: 40052

2024年龍年勳章 2024勳章 2023年兔年勳章 虎到金來勳章 牛年勳章

7#
發表於 05-6-13 17:54 |只看該作者

Hi all Melbourne Moms,

I used to live in Melbourne for about 9 years. And moved back to HK in 2000 when my son was 10 months old. I am expecting my 2nd child which is due in Jan 2006. I am planning to stay in HK for a while maybe until my son finishes Primary school, then I will take them back to Mel. to continue their education.

Actually Melbourne is a very good place to live in - very relaxing and peaceful. I like to enjoy my cappuccino and cake in a cafe for few hours esp. on weekends. (that's before I had my son)

When I first came to Mel. I used to stay at my uncle's home in Bundoora. But it's too far to travel to school (Richmond) everyday. So I move to Windsor. After I married, I lived with my husband's family in Collingwood.

Sorry for my "long air". Anyway, nice to meet you all!

別墅

積分: 709

8#
發表於 05-6-14 00:30 |只看該作者

各位melbourne的媽咪可否幫忙?

我家姐及佢2 月個仔(age 5 & 7)6 月底會去澳洲Melbourne2個月,因為唔想佢地只係玩,想搵d Course比佢地上吓. 唔知有無d物野course可以介紹呢? 佢地英文溝通上無問題的.

Tks a lot!!

別墅

9#
發表於 05-6-23 20:49 |只看該作者

Hi TobsterBB,

Nice to meet you here. I'm in Melbourne too. I like to have a cuppa in a cafe too. I remember even after my son was born, when he was only few months old, I used to take him to the shopping centre near my home, and I could enjoy my cup of cappuccino while he was sleeping peacefully in the perm.

You said you may come back after your son finished primiary school, it is a good idea as he can learn more Chinese. However, the education system is very different here when comparing to HK, will you worry that he might have difficulty to adjust the learning method here ?? (I'm not questioning your decision, only because I had also thought about this before)

Cheers.

珍珠宮

10#
發表於 05-6-24 08:47 |只看該作者

Hi JimVan,

I also have the same concern as you. But at the moment I really don't want to go back to Mel. as all my family and friends are here. And if I go back, I may have to stay with my parents in law for which I don't really want it happen. (I don't like my mother in law).

It also depends on my husband's career. He may have to travel a lot in future. He said I may need to take the children back to Mel. all by myself. Right now, we are trying to save more $$ to buy a house back in Mel.

Do your children go to Chinese school on weekends? Do you work or as a full time mom?

Anyway, nice to meet you JimVan. Keep in touch.

別墅

11#
發表於 05-6-29 20:37 |只看該作者

hi Tobster,

I'm so sorry that I didn't check this site regularly. I can understand it is very hard to make a perfect decision when there are so many things to be considered.

Yes, I'm a full time mom with 2 lovely kids. My son goes to Chinese school every Saturday, he likes learning Chinese so far, I hope he can keep it up.

Cheers.

珍珠宮

12#
發表於 05-6-30 08:28 |只看該作者

Hi JimVan,

SO how do you like Mel. so far? Where do you usually go on the weekend?

I usually hang around the city area since we lived very close to the city. My husband didn't like to go anywhere too far. He rather stayed at home most of the time. But I like to go out. HAve you been to Dalysford? (Can't remember the exact spelling). It's a really nice place for holiday. (Trout fishing, wineries, lavender farm)

OK, talk to u later. Have a nice weekend and Winter holiday!

別墅

13#
發表於 05-7-4 17:13 |只看該作者

Hi TobsterBB,

This is my 7th year here, I like Melb. I love to go around and have fun, during weekends, Church is our must go place, other then that, we will have all kinds of activities, like badminton, cycling, parks, beach, zoo, museum, etc. Now is winter, so skiing of course.

I know Daylesford, but haven't visit there yet. My friend told me there is a very nice resort. I might go there in my next holiday !!

Cheers.

珍珠宮

14#
發表於 05-7-8 08:33 |只看該作者

Hi JimVan,

Sounds like you and your family are having a lot of fun in Melbourne. I haven't been back for nearly 5 years now. I know Melbourne has changed a lot especially around the city area. But I do read the Age on the net everyday.

You must have a lot of friends in Mel. since you go to the church every Sunday.

OK, got to go. Talk to you later!

Cheers!

大宅

積分: 2273

15#
發表於 05-7-31 00:15 |只看該作者

Hi,
nice to meet you all ! I used to study in Melb. too for nearly 6 years. Really want to go back and visit my old friends ! I used to live in Mt. Waverley and Oakleight .. just to say hi and talk more later. need to go to bed la bye

xx aggie xx

民房

積分: 4

16#
發表於 06-4-1 12:00 |只看該作者

HI Everybody!!

首頁

尾頁

跳至