跳至

首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 2807

1#
發表於 05-1-25 13:17 |只看該作者

Agatha Christie

猶記初中時偶然發現AC的小說,好幾個暑假都消磨在各種奇情謀殺案中。現在相隔多年,許多結局都印象模糊,今日可以再讀,並依然覺得拍案叫絕。可惜幾本最精彩的,故事實在令人太難忘 ,如Murder on the Orient Express, The ABC Murders, They do it with Mirror,但是知道結局,讀時又有另一種尋找伏筆的樂趣。

我正式宣佈自己是AC的蕃薯。
laughin' to keep from cryin'

大宅

積分: 1087

2#
發表於 05-1-26 14:46 |只看該作者

Re: Agatha Christie

英文小說 主題都見有不少書友喜歡 Christie 呢!
我只係近兩個月先開始接觸佢 D 作品, 只睇過 Seven Dials Mystery 同 The Moving Finger (圖書館有乜睇乜). 稱得上 the Queen of Crime, 果然無令我失望. 入 番薯吸 有無最低閱讀要求?

你提果三本 - Murder on the Orient Express, The ABC Murders, They do it with Mirror 係咪入門必修呀?

大宅

積分: 2290

3#
發表於 05-1-26 16:03 |只看該作者

Christie 我睇得唔多, 比較喜歡 Poirot 系列, 暫時覺得 Murder on the Orient Express 係最出色既, 唔到最後完全估唔到整單案件佈局! 仲有 Death on the Nile, Murder of Roger Ackroyd 都唔錯架

你地講既 The ABC Murders, They do it with Mirror, Seven Dials Mystery 同 The Moving Finger 都未睇過, 記低佢先, thanks~~~~

男爵府

積分: 5544

4#
發表於 05-1-26 16:48 |只看該作者

雖然Christie個名由細到大都聽到, 不過都是多得這兒的書蟲推介才開工睇.

剛完成 Murder on the Orient Express, 正在開Death on the Nile, 變了一隻肥熊貓.

Will put The ABC Murders, They do it with Mirror, Seven Dials Mystery, Murder of Roger Ackroyd 同 The Moving Finger on my intended book list. Thanks too

:-D :-D :-D :-D

大宅

5#
發表於 05-1-26 21:12 |只看該作者

Murder on the Orient Express 及 ABC Murders乃我記憶中最精彩的。

Death on the Nile不太記得,可以再看一次。

現正看And Then There Were None。 連AC都說創作這故事屬超高難度。

大宅

6#
發表於 05-1-27 00:02 |只看該作者

講開 Seven Dials Mystery, 其實有本上集 - The Secret of Chimneys, 人物角色有所連接, 相信睇埋上集會有意思 D. 我剛剛睇 AC 無耐, 只係有時靠你地 D comments, book reviews, 同 book covers 去搵書, 不敢班門弄斧 , 剛剛在網上找到個 Recommended Agatha Christie reading list from http://www.agathachristie.com:

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
The Murder at the Vicarage
Lord Edgware Dies
Murder on the Orient Express
The ABC Murders
Death on the Nile
And Then There Were None
The Moving Finger
Crooked House
A Murder is Announced
A Pocket Full of Rye
Ordeal by Innocence

請笑納:mrgreen: 有興趣o既自己 book 書啦

大宅

7#
發表於 05-2-1 13:45 |只看該作者

The complete Quin and Satterthwaite 刨到一半。AC的短篇比較少看,滿過癮。不知Quin有無長篇? Satterthwaite好像在一本Poirot長篇出現過。

書店一時找不到Death on the Nile。

:mrgreen:

男爵府

積分: 5544

8#
發表於 05-2-5 09:24 |只看該作者

剛看完Death on the Nile (Got it from library) - 覺得比 Oriental Express 好看! May try to find the other books recommended by 510.

:-D :-D :-D :-D

公爵府

積分: 25205

9#
發表於 05-2-6 23:36 |只看該作者

Dear All,

Can anyone tell me where to buy the English version and how much is the price? What's the code for the Chinese version if I want to borrow from the public library. Thanks.

大宅

10#
發表於 05-2-6 23:45 |只看該作者

You may buy the English version in any convenient book shop like Commercial Press (price varies from $50 to $200). For Chinese version, you may do an author search with "克里斯蒂" in HKPL's web. :wink:

Cheers.

公爵府

積分: 25205

11#
發表於 05-2-7 00:14 |只看該作者

Thank you very much.

Any book recommended? I've only read some and saw the film at ATV many years ago.

Thanks.

子爵府

積分: 10865

12#
發表於 05-2-7 15:40 |只看該作者

502 寫道:
剛看完Death on the Nile (Got it from library) - 覺得比 Oriental Express 好看!

Me, too. I like "Death on the Nile" more! By the way, I am now reading the Seven Dials Mystery, can't raise my interest until I reach p.57....

I think that "Sittaford Mystery" is not bad.
「多元社區,和諧並存;你我出手,聾健共融 」

複式洋房

積分: 469

13#
發表於 05-2-11 14:22 |只看該作者

我覺得"and then there were none"都好好睇.
中文唔記得, 係講有10個人去到荒島后一個個咁死.

我好鍾意白羅, 所以睇到有本講佢死, 好唔開心.

大宅

14#
發表於 05-2-13 15:48 |只看該作者

Just finished "Death On The Nile" and "Murder On The Orient Express" in the holidays. 可能因為我今次大約估到 Nile 個 plot, 我就反而鍾意 Orient Express 多 D (though it seems quite "impossible" to me). 係咪本本 Poirot 都咁多法文嫁? :evil:

weiwei,
I've only read a few AC's novels (只係入門 fans). You may refer to some recommended books (taken from AC official website) in my previous post though.

jk67jk,
Seven Dials 開頭真係有 D 悶, 不過介紹人物係咁上下啦, 我反而覺得 Moving Finger 兩三版紙介紹成村人我就吃不消. 我幾 enjoy "Seven Dials" 嫁; 可能因為估唔到個結局同佢係我第一本 AC's novel.

聽 wawamama 同 HoCleo 咁推介, 黎緊會搵下 "And Then There Were None" 先.

大宅

15#
發表於 05-3-1 19:48 |只看該作者

我刨完and then there were none 啦,點講好呢,我估到小小答案囉。基本上都係好好睇,尤其就睇完時,好緊張呀!!!

Just finished "The Complete Quin & Satterthwaite", a collection of short stories. I can sense that AC liked these Q&S stories. The mysteries may not be too difficult to solve (in fact I could guess the answer to most of the stories, including 3 Act Tragedy), but the style is quite unlike other AC novels - always a bit sad and nostalgic.

Reading "Dumb Witness" right now. I like Poirot a lot. Would love to have an uncle like him. Nowadays men just love to be stupid.

Poirot係講好多法文,佢其實係故意咁做的,AC在一些書中都有解釋點解會咁,係針對英國人島國心態的弱點,令D人因為佢係外國人,所以對佢的能力有懷疑,戒心比較弱。

大家讀時可留意其實AC的小說好有英國風味,行筆洗鍊。若依家D大學生學到一成都好好啦。

大宅

16#
發表於 05-3-12 18:45 |只看該作者

剛睇完 And Then There Were None. 我都估到 D, 不過估唔正邊個. 我就最 enjoy 個精彩o既 epilogue!!
我睇呢本覺得好有 金田一 feel (sorry, 應該係 金田一 D 故事好似 Christie D plots ), 第一單命案時我不禁唸緊 "無差別殺人?"

洋房

積分: 176

17#
發表於 05-3-13 16:24 |只看該作者

I'm a fan of Agatha Christie too, in my opinion "crooked house", 'and then there were none', Poirot - "The ABC murders", "Death on the Nile", "Murder on the Orient Express", "the murder of Roger Ackroyd", "Lord Egdware dies", Marple - "a pocket full or rye", "4.50 from Paddington" , "the thirteen problems" are must read, I haven't finished her whole collection yet, but so far, the above are the best ones, "third girl", 'cards on the table', 'evil under the sun', 'parker pyne investigates', 'death in the clouds', 'sparkling cyanide', 'the mysterious mr quin' are pretty good too. Personally I like the Poirot series better, more exciting compare to Miss Marple series. I think I'm going to read 'towards zero' next. until then. Thanks everyone for sharing their opinions.

p.s. I think pageone has the best collections of her books, though still not a complete but better than other bookstore, and the price is around 55 -60 which is really a good deal!
Be your true mind

大宅

18#
發表於 05-4-11 19:26 |只看該作者

對不起有一排冇上好書分享(因為掛住玩第樣)。

最近在慢慢看The Hollow。這本書風格與之前看過的不一樣,有點心理小說的味道。Agatha Christie真厲害,可以寫出完全不同風格的小說。

不過我最喜歡還是Quin。

別墅

積分: 896

19#
發表於 05-4-13 12:37 |只看該作者

咁你o地有無收看國際台星期日嘅奇案女王系列呢?
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

大宅

20#
發表於 05-4-13 13:10 |只看該作者

有呀,雖然並非100%跟原著,但作為電視劇都極可觀。有些我未看原著的,只好忍痛轉台。

首頁

尾頁

跳至