跳至

首頁

尾頁

複式洋房

積分: 297

1#
發表於 05-1-27 21:16 |只看該作者

Want to breastfeed, but not enough milk

Thank you to all of your support, advice and encouragement!!

Will take your advice as much as possible. Yes, i did try to be relax, drank lots of water, soup, but still i don't get enough milk, everytime i could only pump 2oz, then i try to mix 3 oz of formula for bb on each feeding

in fact,my husband strongly discourage me to do direct feeding, coz i won't know whether bb is getting enough milk or not, bb often cries if there's no more milk flowing from my breast, that irritates my husband, we often have a fight about this ever since bb was few days old. besides, he's so nervous about the bb that once bb cries, he blames me for not feeding her formula, that's why bb doesn't get full.
since i'll be resuming to work on mid Feb., how would you gals advice me to do the adjustment? like, when to start pumping.

Kalle,
thanks for refering Sarah for me.I did try to talk to her over the phone already. thanks a lot

別墅

積分: 797

2#
發表於 05-1-27 23:08 |只看該作者

Re: Want to breastfeed, but not enough milk

100% breastfeeding is hard work.
If you really want to do it ...

-don't give yourselves too much pressure. relax!
-drink more water and soup (e.g. fish)
-keep in mind -> every one has enough milk to feed their own child
-stop feeding your baby formula
-pump one side of the breast while feeding the other side

good luck! hope you can get your family support !
該用戶已被刪除

3#
發表於 05-1-27 23:32 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

別墅

積分: 542

4#
發表於 05-1-28 15:27 |只看該作者

I also have a new born baby, she's now just 6 weeks. At the begining, I also worried that I don't have enough milk since I'm v. thin. However , when she was put on weight when she was 4 weeks old. she gained a lot of weight and even more than average baby gain!!
You can't rely on how much milk you bump out, since as lon as your baby sucks, there's milk so that there's the difference between bumping and direct fed.
As the other 2 BK mothers said, stop feeding her formula but more direct fed. you can try calling the leaders from La Leche League in HK ( Maggie 2817 7475 or Sarah 2548 7636 ). It's free and they'll provide you support and help. Their email is [email protected]. They do also some seminars for sharing experince and information.

Keep it up together!

我係哥哥 "齊齊" 3歲10個月, 同埋妹妹 Callista

禁止訪問

積分: 1163

5#
發表於 05-1-29 00:11 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

複式洋房

積分: 297

6#
發表於 05-1-31 22:54 |只看該作者

Thank you to all of your support, advice and encouragement!!

Will take your advice as much as possible. Yes, i did try to be relax, drank lots of water, soup, but still i don't get enough milk, everytime i could only pump 2oz, then i try to mix 3 oz of formula for bb on each feeding

in fact,my husband strongly discourage me to do direct feeding, coz i won't know whether bb is getting enough milk or not, bb often cries if there's no more milk flowing from my breast, that irritates my husband, we often have a fight about this ever since bb was few days old. besides, he's so nervous about the bb that once bb cries, he blames me for not feeding her formula, that's why bb doesn't get full.
since i'll be resuming to work on mid Feb., how would you gals advice me to do the adjustment? like, when to start pumping.

Kalle,
thanks for refering Sarah for me.I did try to talk to her over the phone already. thanks a lot

別墅

積分: 797

7#
發表於 05-1-31 23:20 |只看該作者

don't worry ... the quantity of pumping is less than feeding directly. you might pump only 2-3oz but your body will keep producing if you direct feed your baby. So he is drinking more than that.

首頁

尾頁

跳至
你需要登錄後才可以回帖 登入 | 註冊