母乳餵哺

跳至

首頁

尾頁

民房

積分: 81

發表於 05-1-29 21:39 |顯示全部帖子

About Stored milk

I've started to store milk 2 weeks ago and will back to work after lunar New Year. Do you think it is a suitable time to store the milk? I was direct feed my baby so I could not pump too much each time (2-4oz for both size). Now, I've stored about 60oz milk and hope to store 100oz before back to work. Do you think it is enough? As I have to pump milk at office, should I feed the baby by the fresh pump milk instead of using the freeze milk? Hope to share your experience. Thks.

大宅

積分: 4748

發表於 05-1-29 23:24 |顯示全部帖子

Re: About Stored milk

Yuhosy,

I started to store the milk one month before I started to work. I didn't really count how many I stored but it is better for you to store the milk for the baby to drink for a week. As when you start work, your milk supply may be drop.

However, for myself, I didn't really feel this way. In the office, I pump two times a day. One in the lunch time and after work. Then, I will go back home as quick as I can so that I can breast-feed my baby at home.

愛 是 恆 久 忍 耐 、 又 有 恩 慈 . 愛 是 不 嫉 妒 . 愛 是 不 自 誇 . 不 張 狂 .  不 作 害 羞 的 事 . 不 求 自 己 的 益 處 . 不 輕 易 發 怒 . 不 計 算 人 的 惡 .  不 喜 歡 不 義 . 只 喜 歡 真 理 .  凡 事 包 容 . 凡 事 相 信 . 凡 事 盼 望 . 凡 事 忍 耐 。   愛 是 永 不 止 息 ...

男爵府

積分: 5167

發表於 05-1-29 23:49 |顯示全部帖子

我都係返工前一個月開始儲奶, 我會記錄低 In Date, Quantity (OZ or ML) and Out Date (我同工人講, 你偷飲左一支我都會知道架)
我的曳豬囡囡在浸會順產出世架 ! 3.05kg-Oct 04; 4.9kg-Nov 04; 6.1kg-Dec 04; 6.8kg-Jan 05; 10.3kg-Dec 05; 12.0kg-Jul 06; 14.0kg-Jan 07; 14.6kg-Jun 07; 16.2kg-Jan 08; 17.6kg-Jun 08; 19.0kg-Jan 09;  19.8kg-Jun 09; 22.4kg-Jan 10; 22.6kg-Jun 10

民房

積分: 81

發表於 05-2-1 19:08 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Carmen2004,

Yes. I also will back home as quick as I can in order to direct feed my baby after work.
My question is : "At the day time, should I give her the fresh pump milk (without freeze) that I pumped at office or use the old stock (those freezed milk)?"
Thks.
Carmen2004 寫道:
Yuhosy,

I started to store the milk one month before I started to work. I didn't really count how many I stored but it is better for you to store the milk for the baby to drink for a week. As when you start work, your milk supply may be drop.

However, for myself, I didn't really feel this way. In the office, I pump two times a day. One in the lunch time and after work. Then, I will go back home as quick as I can so that I can breast-feed my baby at home.

男爵府

積分: 5934

2011至尊種植勳章

發表於 05-2-2 09:42 |顯示全部帖子

yuhosy,
In my opinion, you should give your bb the freshly pumped milk instead of the frozen one, as the freshly pumped milk is more nutritious than the frozen one. For me, the frozen milk are just stock up for emergency use only.

If it is possible, you should direct feed your bb before you go to work. Pump twice in the office(once during lunch time and once before you leave). When you come back home, direct feed your bb as much as possible. In this way, your bb only need to be fed by bottle in the 8-10 hours when you're not at home.

If the milk you pumped out during day time is enough for your bb's next day need, then you don't need to use frozen milk. If you have surplus, add them into your milk bank as well.

大宅

積分: 1986

發表於 05-2-2 10:55 |顯示全部帖子

[quote]
yuhosy 寫道:
Hi Carmen2004,

Yes. I also will back home as quick as I can in order to direct feed my baby after work.
My question is : "At the day time, should I give her the fresh pump milk (without freeze) that I pumped at office or use the old stock (those freezed milk)?"
Thks.
[quote]

My boy will drink the frozen milk that pumped the day before yesterday. In the freezer, I usually have 6-8 bottles. During my work time, my boy will take 4 bottles. I pump twice each day and I can often have the amt for 4 bottles. The spare is for the time when I get less from the pumping.

If I need to go out without my boy, I'll pump the milk during midnight to get an extra bottle replacing the frozen one which will be consumed. My boy doesn't like the milk whcih has been frozen for more than a week.

I directly feed my boy whenever I am at home and when take him out with me. During the maternity leave, it is not easy to store milk as you feed him so frequently. After you build up the routine after work, the supply will be more stable.

複式洋房

積分: 419

發表於 05-2-2 13:47 |顯示全部帖子

The advice are very useful ne~

Thanks everyone for sharing~

首頁

尾頁

跳至
你需要登錄後才可以回帖 登入 | 註冊