積分: 3612

發表於 05-2-7 00:17 |顯示全部帖子

Queen Mary Hospital - good or not?

Any mothers can share their experience?

複式洋房

積分: 237

發表於 05-2-24 11:22 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Queen Mary Hospital - good or not?

just gave birth there 20 days ago, must say the service was EXCELLENT! I was deciding between going private (was thinking of cannossa) or public (queen mary); cost was not a problem cos it is all covered by insurance. did hospital visits and finally decided on Queen Mary. Their nurses are extremely professional compared to some I see in private hospitals. When I got in at night, (water leakage but no contractions yet), I was really worried and a nurse came to just chat with me and made me feel more relax. When my baby came out, he did not cry immediately so thank god we were in QM where there is an ICU and Special Care (my baby stayed there for 3 days and was OK) And when the milk came in, a nurse came to teach me how to express the milk and later taught me how to use a pump. Plus there are exercise class and bathing classes etc. I had a good experience and I was truly impressed by the quality of service of our public hospitals!

珍珠宮

積分: 34716

發表於 05-2-24 12:56 |顯示全部帖子

gracelin:

did u stay in private ward or public ward?
how much is the bill?

大宅

發表於 05-2-24 22:12 |顯示全部帖子

Gracelin,

Thanks for the sharing and useful information. I am so relieved after reading this positive reply. I started visitng Tsun Yuk just last week and the doctor asked some general questions. I was quite concered about my medical history not being kept properly (as compared to private doctor who has a few years of my medical records).

I live in HK side and QM is more closer than my place as compare with St Teresa (my private will not come to HK side).

別墅

積分: 731

發表於 05-2-26 22:05 |顯示全部帖子

瑪麗真的唔錯,我個b係2月1日出世,亦因為氣促,所以要入特別護理,住左一個星期,那裡的姑娘真的很好,很細心,所以我都好放心。

現在回想起來,好在我在瑪麗生,所以當我在第二產程時,醫生發現佢的心跳有些不正常,便立即call兒科醫生stand by,當佢一出世,醫生就立即幫佢檢查。如果係私家,可能要等耐些,況且QM的兒科算係最好的。

老實講,自己住醫院最多只是3-5日,但bb一日未出世一日都唔知佢的情況係點。況且如果真係touch wood 有什麼事,私家醫院都會transfer case 到公立醫院處理。

況且QM產房的姑娘真係好好人,所以真的不錯的。
2005年2月1日於瑪麗醫院出生

大宅

積分: 2409

發表於 05-2-27 00:35 |顯示全部帖子

I gave birth in June2003.
I have a very happy and comfortable experience in Queen Mary!

All the nurses and doctors were very kind, friendly & patient.
The food was very good (I had Western food, every meal with soup+main course+fruit+dessert), bedroom is comfortable, quiet & clean (I stayed at second class room).

ShatinMaMa 寫道:
Any mothers can share their experience?
:lol:

複式洋房

積分: 165

發表於 05-2-27 15:41 |顯示全部帖子

i gave birth to my little daughter on 23/12 in QM. their services were very professional and impressive, esp the nurses. though they were very busy (due to the high rate of occupancy), they would serve everyone's needs. they were very kind generally.

i understand that since QM is a medical school, it has to follow all the guidelines to ensure that both the mother and baby are under good condition before they are discharged. both mother and baby have to go back to hospital for check-up after 5 days of the baby's birth. i know that Tuen Mun hospital does not have such service.

after such experience, i don't think there is any need to go to private hospital for delivery on terms of money and service...i only need to pay $250 when i discharged.
:lol:
來看看毛霜的世界 ^_^ http://www.babyhome.com.tw/sonyamo[img align=right]http://bb4.babyhome.com.tw/UPLOAD4/78244/abc.gif[/img][size=large]來看看毛霜的世界

大宅

發表於 05-2-27 19:14 |顯示全部帖子

How much per day and what was the total cost?

[quote]
ElaineYuen 寫道:
(I stayed at second class room).

大宅

積分: 2409

發表於 05-2-28 11:00 |顯示全部帖子

Sorry, since my husband is working in the Government so we have a special rate for this.

Thank you!

ShatinMaMa 寫道:
How much per day and what was the total cost?

[quote]
ElaineYuen 寫道:
(I stayed at second class room).

首頁

尾頁

跳至