母乳餵哺

跳至

首頁

尾頁

男爵府

積分: 8476

發表於 05-8-16 13:32 |顯示全部帖子

Extended breastfeeding~breastfeeding beyond the first year

我不經不覺都餵左almost一年, 剛在babycentre.co.uk找點資料時, 見到呢篇article, 長左少少, 但好想同大家share下, 我正期待洪寶仔由baby變為toddler 我最鍾意佢話 "the next time you're feeding in public and someone asks, "Are you ever going to stop breastfeeding?" say, "Yes, in about 10 minutes."

Why breastfeeding your toddler is a good idea
• Even though your child is now getting most of his nutrition from solid food, breast milk still provides valuable immunities, vitamins, and enzymes. In fact, studies have shown that breastfed toddlers get sick less frequently than their peers do.

• As your child becomes more independent, breastfeeding can be an important source of reassurance and emotional support. The strong attachment your child feels with you while feeding will foster independence, not make him overly dependent or clingy as some may have you believe. Our culture tends to believe that "pushing" children away will help them develop a strong sense of self-worth and independence, but forcing a child to stop breastfeeding before he is developmentally ready will not necessarily create a more confident child; rather, it could make him more clingy.

• If your child is ill, breast milk may be the only thing he can keep down. You'll feel better too, knowing that you're helping him fight off the illness.

• If you travel a lot, breastfeeding is a lot easier than carrying around milk or worrying about having to buy supplies at your destination. And when you're staying overnight in a strange place, the comfort of your breast may be the best way to ease your child's fears and make him feel more secure.

• Breastfeeding may delay the resumption of periods, a plus for anyone who dreads the thought of dealing with cramps and bloating again after a long break. But bear in mind that breastfeeding is not an effective form of birth control; it's a good idea to use a backup such as a condom.

• Weaning when your child is ready is more natural and less abrupt than picking an arbitrary end point. Breastfeeding a child beyond the first year was common around the world before the invention of infant milk substitutes.

Why breastfeeding your toddler can be a challenge
• Expect rude comments and criticisms from people who think breastfeeding an older child is strange. You may have to be more cautious about breastfeeding in public if you want to avoid the inevitable remarks. This can be difficult if your toddler lifts up your shirt in the supermarket and demands a quick snack.

• Breastfeeding can become a crutch. Your baby may start to rely on the breast when he's really just bored or it's the only way to get your attention. Engage your child in other ways — toddlers are eager to explore the world and need stimulation to fuel their rapid development.

• Breastfeeding a toddler when you've got another baby on the way is possible, but some women find it too physically demanding. Unless you plan to continue breastfeeding your older child after the new baby is born, you should probably think about weaning her before the 'competition' arrives.

Making extended breastfeeding work for you
• To avoid unsolicited comments and stares, you might find it easier to feed your child at home before heading out. Some mothers find it easier to breastfeed once in the morning and once at night and teach their toddlers to drink from a cup during the day.

• If you don't care what people think or say, then have some snappy responses ready when someone asks you the inevitable question: "Is she still feeding?" Sometimes a simple "yes" is the best conversation stopper. Or, the next time you're feeding in public and someone asks, "Are you ever going to stop breastfeeding?" say, "Yes, in about 10 minutes."

• You can teach your child a code word for your breasts, so that when he starts demanding "nummies" or "mama" in the middle of a restaurant, no one will pay any attention.

• If you're pregnant and want to keep on breastfeeding, be prepared for your milk supply to ebb as your hormone levels change. You may stop producing milk as your body starts redirecting all its resources toward the developing fetus. But many women do succeed in breastfeeding an infant and a toddler — it just takes extra time and patience. You'll need to be doubly sure you're eating the right foods and drinking enough fluids if you take that route.

大宅

積分: 4026

發表於 05-8-17 10:11 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Extended breastfeeding~breastfeeding beyond the first year

我雖然沒有埋身餵, 但都有一口氣睇完此文章, 基本上內容跟glad提供資料大致相同....
我好同意 niklaus903所講, 如第日別人問你幾時會斷奶,就答佢 "10分鐘後就會停的...一句, " 好"正"

子爵府

積分: 13356

發表於 05-8-17 14:04 |顯示全部帖子

[img align=left]http://www.pau.com.hk/liwood/IMG_0764.gif[/img]Liwood Ma Ma [url=liwood.pau.com.hk/gallery]MyBB Album[/url] [email protected]

男爵府

積分: 7768

發表於 05-8-17 16:58 |顯示全部帖子

My dear supporter,

My baby Hayes now is 10 months and 22 pounds. I bring breast pump to office everyday, feed him directly during night and early morning. I heard someone said breastfeeding can help baby's best development, less ill and competent psychological condition. I am considering for whether to stop after feeded 1 year?????

Thank you so much for your article!!
It encourage and strengthen me to feed him beyond 1 year. I must let husband read the article and let him understand, then support my idea. thank you!!

I feel less lonely with your co-walk partner, because I think many friends and relatives would not support my decision of feeding Hayes beyond 1 year.

God bless your baby!!
Our baby is very very very lucky and fortunate, because ma ma milk can not buy!!!!!

Baby Hayes's Ma Ma

Hayes had been breastfeeding for almost 3 years, then naturally weaned by himself!

Wish Hayes with Love, Peace & Joy!!

男爵府

發表於 05-8-17 17:20 |顯示全部帖子

Hayes's MaMa,
In fact, I planned to stop BF after 1 year, at least stop pumping in the office. As time is approaching, I consider and re-consider, I know I am the one who is not willing to stop (maybe my son as well). Anyway, I will really try to stop pumping in the office but just feed morning and night, it takes me almost an hour to pump 3-4oz milk in the lunch time, it's so exhausted for me. I do hope I can bf him until he weans naturally ~ by the day and night feeding only

男爵府

發表於 05-8-18 10:29 |顯示全部帖子

niklaus903,

In past 10 months, I keep on pumping twice in office, total amount is droping from 10 oz to now 5 or 4 oz. The same as you, I am exhausted, but keep on for baby Hayes's good health.
Our baby is very lucky!
Which formula brand of your little monkey son is eating? Can he pu pu every day??

Hayes's ma
Hayes had been breastfeeding for almost 3 years, then naturally weaned by himself!

大宅

積分: 3684

發表於 05-8-18 10:32 |顯示全部帖子

男爵府

發表於 05-8-18 10:46 |顯示全部帖子

Hayes's ma,
my son takes wyeth's as supplement since born, her mother is so mean to buy him fomula so just used the sample obtained from seminar for him, during the first 6 months, he took 5 cans of 400g only; but now half formula half b-milk every day, he also takes baby yogurt and fruit so he can poo poo every day and usually more than once a day.

男爵府

發表於 05-8-18 11:50 |顯示全部帖子

Hi niklaus903,

Apple sauce and banana is very good for poo poo!
Besides, drinking ma ma milk's baby rarely has poo poo problem.
So, I really want him to drink longer ma ma milk beyond 1 year, but is it enough for his good health, just only drinking at night and early morning??

Hayes's ma

複式洋房

積分: 162

發表於 05-8-18 11:54 |顯示全部帖子

Hi niklaus903, my baby just turn one year old and I'm planning stop pumping at work. However I have a 2nd thought, as I know if I stop pumping, the milk supply will decrease. It's really hard to decide :-(

男爵府

發表於 05-8-18 12:02 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Louder,

The same as you, I don't want the milk supply drop and drop, if stop to pump milk at work.
Ma Ma milk can not buy and best for our baby!!

I am struggling and struggling....

Hayes's ma :-(

男爵府

積分: 6630

發表於 05-8-18 12:05 |顯示全部帖子

niklaus903

Thanks for sharing this article. It's good.

By the way, I'm still pumping twice in the office and once in the middle of the night everyday to make sure I have two bottles of 8 oz milk for my BB the next day.

男爵府

發表於 05-8-18 12:06 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Louder,

The same as you, I don't want the milk supply drop and drop, if stop to pump milk at work.

男爵府

發表於 05-8-18 12:07 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Louder,

子爵府

發表於 05-8-18 13:41 |顯示全部帖子

我而家餵到差不多bb 20個月, 就來無晒啦....好想堅持到2歲, 希望你0地繼續努力.....
[img align=left]http://www.pau.com.hk/liwood/IMG_0764.gif[/img]Liwood Ma Ma [url=liwood.pau.com.hk/gallery]MyBB Album[/url] [email protected]

別墅

積分: 715

發表於 05-8-18 15:27 |顯示全部帖子

LoveYiLok,

wow ... you are still working very hard!! I ceased to pump milk in my office since ahgoo was about 13 months. Now I only pump once when I return home after work. ahgoo does not like bottled milk and he does not drink milk at all when I am not at home!! So basically I pour away all the milk and leave a few bottles in the freezer just in case.

LoveYiLok 寫道:
niklaus903

Thanks for sharing this article. It's good.

By the way, I'm still pumping twice in the office and once in the middle of the night everyday to make sure I have two bottles of 8 oz milk for my BB the next day.
Time flies, my kids are 12 and 10 years old now

珍珠宮

積分: 44168

發表於 05-8-18 15:35 |顯示全部帖子

chiuchristan, louder & nik
我地都面對相同wor,想唔泵,又怕唔泵仲d奶量急跌!!!
不過我都唔想係office泵lu,費時成日比人問:嘩!!仲食緊呀??
或者淨係屋企泵啦!!!
我把平安留給你們,我將我的平安賜給你們;我所賜給你們的,不像世界所賜的一樣。你心裏不要煩亂,也不要膽怯。(若 14:27)
Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God!!!

子爵府

發表於 05-8-18 16:33 |顯示全部帖子

我個仔20個月以來我都未停過在公司pump, 但仍然係未對奶量下跌的問題, 唔通真係有"收奶"呢回事?

別墅

積分: 673

發表於 05-8-18 16:55 |顯示全部帖子

hi ladies,

my baby has turned 13monthes and just recovered from "mui gui chen" - a virus which make the skin with red dots after high fever, besides that she kept on diarrhoea for over 10days but I did not stop BF her until the doctor suggest to change to soya milk to avoid diarrhoea again. Poor baby had lost so much weight during these 2 weeks, although she has been a lean baby anyway.

so I had to stopped the usual feeding way & have to pump the milk even at night & morning. only 4 days without feeding her personally, the milk volume has dropped alot !

sometimes I also want to stop pumping during office hour, as work is extremely busy & high pressure which makes me so exhausting.
My parents & hubby always ask me to stop, espeically when I got sick again or do not have enough sleep.
this time, since my baby has to change to soya milk, the pressure come again from family to force me to stop BF ....

:-(
[url=http://lilyp ie.com][/url]
[url=http://lilyp ie.com][/url]

複式洋房

積分: 118

發表於 05-8-19 00:01 |顯示全部帖子

我亦餵了bb18個月了,她的body size 一直是在3%那條線上,健康院的姑娘就建議我要補奶粉.

我想問o下現在除了會收奶的食物外,重需否戒口?

首頁

尾頁

跳至
你需要登錄後才可以回帖 登入 | 註冊