跳至

首頁

尾頁

別墅

積分: 896

1#
發表於 05-8-29 19:49 |只看該作者

英文童書專店

培養孩子的閱讀習慣,要從小做起。近年很多家長都愛帶孩子逛書店、上圖書館。灣仔一間新開辦的英文兒童書店,不單放滿舒適座椅讓孩子閱讀,更設讀書會提供課程,期望將閱讀的風氣傳開去。

灣仔二樓書店不少,但鮮見專售英文童書的。本月剛開張的二樓書店「悅書蟲」,正是售賣幼兒至12歲孩子英文書籍的專門店。

店內書架不太高,小朋友可以自行選書,然後坐在舒適的座位上閱讀,看清看楚才購買也不遲。

3個愛書媽媽

推動閱讀風氣,是3名負責人余玉書、蘇載玓與羅詠逑的目標。

羅詠逑說﹕「英文店名Reading Bug,不單指書蟲,Bug也解作病毒。我們希望閱讀習慣在香港像病毒般傳開去,小朋友愉快地看書,成為終身嗜好。」

3名店東既是愛書人,也是媽媽,且同為聖士提反女子中學的舊生,曾一起參與舊生會工作,做過不少與教育、孩子有關的義務工作。

今年4月,3人結伴到意大利參加「波隆那兒童書展」,發現除了香港常見的童書出版商,原來還有很多其他出版社,還有很多好書可尋,於是催化了「悅書蟲」的誕生。

香港愈來愈多書店增闢兒童角,但余玉書認為她們的書店有兩大不同之處。

入口獨特書目

首先,她們直接從外國入書,有很多別人沒有的書目。蘇載玓舉例﹕

● Elf-Help Books for Kids系列

有些事情,成人或覺毋須太早讓孩子知道,但卻是日常生活會發生的事。此系列教小朋友如何面對及應付,如When Mom and Dad Divorce、When Your Grandparent Dies 等。

● World Organizations系列

談及國際組織,例如SARS期間經常提及的世界
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

珍珠宮

積分: 35965

畀面勳章

2#
發表於 05-8-29 21:32 |只看該作者

Re: 英文童書專店

My son has just finished IPA course at this club. The English books there are quite nice too!

大宅

積分: 1816

3#
發表於 05-8-30 09:19 |只看該作者

Teresa 寫道:
My son has just finished IPA course at this club. The English books there are quite nice too!

Hi Teresa,

Please advise how many lessons in total will complete the IPA course? 10 lessons can be done?
Thanks!

珍珠宮

畀面勳章

4#
發表於 05-8-30 09:27 |只看該作者

Jackielee,

My son has attended a 8-lesson course of IPA. He can now read IPA to pronoun those words he never comes across. The result is quite good in my son's case.

IPA is not as difficult as people think. But it is IMPORTANT to helpe the child revise what he learnt each lesson before the next lesson, and it is certainly an advantage if parents know IPA symbols.

男爵府

積分: 6599

5#
發表於 05-8-30 09:59 |只看該作者

Jenywswong,

Thanks for the info. I will pay a visit to that shop this lunch.
Buzz.. Buzzz... Buzzing Bee Let kids read more 讓孩子多閱讀! CLICK HERE to find bookstores 去哪裡找書?? Mainland Book Indx A Mainland Book Indx B *PART 1 , PART 2* *星加坡童書收獲*由一名可笑、瘋狂、自大無比和幼稚到極名作家寫的公開信 我的回应-->P. 223 of HERE Steps to Post Image 1. Right click on the image you want to copy 2. Choose 內容 3. If the url shown in the 內容 pop-up menu is ended with 'jpg' or 'gif' (maybe other image formats will do too), it is an image url. 4. Copy the url 5. click 'IMG' of BK message menu bar, paste the url into the pop-up box 6. click 'ENTER' Then the image will be shown in your message.

侯爵府

積分: 20862

好媽媽勳章 醒目開學勳章 畀面勳章 BK Milk勳章

6#
發表於 05-8-30 18:16 |只看該作者

Gloria,

Have you been to Reading Bug Club today?

How do you find? Want to get your professiona advice!

男爵府

7#
發表於 05-8-30 18:36 |只看該作者

hello, kittylock,

No ah. I will go tomorrow instead. Will definitely share with you any goodies.

Ei ya... u are more prof. than me la.

Buzz.. Buzzz... Buzzing Bee Let kids read more 讓孩子多閱讀! CLICK HERE to find bookstores 去哪裡找書?? Mainland Book Indx A Mainland Book Indx B *PART 1 , PART 2* *星加坡童書收獲*由一名可笑、瘋狂、自大無比和幼稚到極名作家寫的公開信 我的回应-->P. 223 of HERE Steps to Post Image 1. Right click on the image you want to copy 2. Choose 內容 3. If the url shown in the 內容 pop-up menu is ended with 'jpg' or 'gif' (maybe other image formats will do too), it is an image url. 4. Copy the url 5. click 'IMG' of BK message menu bar, paste the url into the pop-up box 6. click 'ENTER' Then the image will be shown in your message.

大宅

積分: 1816

8#
發表於 05-8-31 09:14 |只看該作者

Teresa 寫道:
Jackielee,

My son has attended a 8-lesson course of IPA. He can now read IPA to pronoun those words he never comes across. The result is quite good in my son's case.

IPA is not as difficult as people think. But it is IMPORTANT to helpe the child revise what he learnt each lesson before the next lesson, and it is certainly an advantage if parents know IPA symbols.

Thanks Teresa,

I think I have to take an IPA course first then.

男爵府

9#
發表於 05-8-31 14:23 |只看該作者

Report on Reading BUG:

1. Nice setting and near pottyfield actually.
2. 15% off until end of Sept
3. Some courses good for 2.5-8 yrs . But no discount for 1st time enrolment.
4. Free story telling session this Saturday 10:30-11:30 and 2-3pm. Just walk in will do.
5. Book types similar to those at KMK, pottyfield, Mydear...etc.
6. Price marking: U$1= 8 or 8.5, Sterling x 15 or less (varied).

for details, visit their WEBSITE !

May be ordering thru pottyfield is more economical. But definitely a nice place for 'book nail-hammering'!!

大宅

積分: 1218

10#
發表於 05-8-31 23:09 |只看該作者

余玉書、蘇載玓,羅詠逑,
聖士提反女子中學的舊生?

what is their age?
reading club available?

珍珠宮

畀面勳章

11#
發表於 05-8-31 23:10 |只看該作者

mattsmum 寫道:
余玉書、蘇載玓,羅詠逑,
聖士提反女子中學的舊生?

what is their age?
reading club available?

I met them recently, judging from their appearances, they are about late 30. They are old girls of St. Stephen.

Reading club is available, I've enrolled it for my son already!

首頁

尾頁

跳至