首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 4803

牛年勳章 開心吸收勳章

21#
發表於 06-1-14 03:06 |只看該作者

Re: 現在英國有什麼東西比香港平又低買呢?

Harrods, Boots, Burberry, book, shoes, is very very cheaper than H.K.

民房

積分: 38

22#
發表於 06-1-14 11:13 |只看該作者

Other than train, you can get there by taking bus Route 30 from central London.

What I did last time was a 30 minute ride from King's Cross.

Drop off when the bus just pass a Tesco Store on your left. You should not miss it as it is a very big one.

If you cannot find it, just follow those Asians (either Chinese or Koreans); they are all going there for B!

民房

23#
發表於 06-1-14 11:50 |只看該作者

Yes you are right.

The duty free shopping in Terminal 3 would give you a better price; not just for Harrod bags, Boots personal care products ...

But in many cases, my experience is that you would not be able to get in T3 for those popular items, as they are sold out, in particular if you are returning to Hong Kong at evening or late evening flights.

So if you are really meant for getting a sourvenir for your family or beloved ones, get it from directly from Harrods at Knightbridge, ... and have the duty free claims afterwards !

禁止訪問

積分: 688

24#
發表於 06-1-15 12:46 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

大宅

積分: 4269

25#
發表於 06-1-17 15:19 |只看該作者

想問吓喺london 買thomas d 嘢會唔會平d呀?

洋房

積分: 707

26#
發表於 06-1-18 09:42 |只看該作者

bookshops 減價或在 Bargain books corner 會有thomas 的書/exercise books/文具。
我買過story books & 用thomas 的characters 教shapes, colours,... etc 的書,大約99p 至 1.95 pounds。大本hard cover 的collection 好似減到4磅幾。

彤彤媽 寫道:
想問吓喺london 買thomas d 嘢會唔會平d呀?

複式洋房

積分: 215

27#
發表於 06-2-1 04:02 |只看該作者

Thanks BigQ, I took the tube to B. Outlet, then took the bus Route 30 back to Baker Street Station, very convienient. :wink:
:pint:

民房

28#
發表於 06-2-2 01:04 |只看該作者

Hi AJmom

Not aware of tube can take you to B. Outlet. The only train service to Hackney Central I know is SilverLink Metro.

Maybe you can tell me which line you took from Central London to B. Outlet at Hackney!

複式洋房

29#
發表於 06-2-3 04:56 |只看該作者

Hello BigQ,

I started on Circle line of High Street Kensington (where I stay), then changed in the Victoria station to hop onto the Victoria line, and from there, riding all the way to the Highbury& Islington station. Got off the station and changed to British Rail (right off from the tube station, with no extra charge if you have a day-pass) that headed off to North Woolwich (end-station) direction, and got off at Hackney Central Station. After got off the station, walked over the the railway overflying bridge, and will the see the big Tesco parking lot, and walked past it, and on the left hand side, found the Chatham Place, where B. Outlet located. If one find himself/herself lost, can always ask the bus driver at the bus terminal off the Hackney Central Station.

On my way back, I just took your suggestion, and hopped onto the bus route no. 30, back to the Baker Street Station, then changed the tube of Circle line.

It would be good to get a day-pass, you get free ride on the tube, rail and the bus, and of course a tube map on hand to ensure you wouldn't miss any stations.

民房

30#
發表於 06-2-3 23:04 |只看該作者

Hi AJMom

Thank you for this. Probably you have got a Zone 2 Day Pass for the tube. Why I suggest bus simply because bus does not have zone restriction!

Thought that you have an enjoyable shopping at the B Outlet!

I'll leaving for London on Sunday!

複式洋房

31#
發表於 06-2-6 04:17 |只看該作者

Hey BigQ,

Hope the weather is nice enough for you to enjoy your trip to London. Do you need to travel there often? I love London. Planning to move there in 3-year time. Have a safe trip! :lol:

民房

32#
發表於 06-2-10 22:42 |只看該作者

Hi AJmom

Just back from London today. I travel to London quite often for business. Weather was cold, and wind was chilly, a bit of rain on Wednesday night.

This was my first time to London in 2006. Prices for everything seem to have increased, including the menu of the chinese restaurant I always patron, tube and buses!

How's your plan in London? Living in the city is real expensive!

複式洋房

33#
發表於 06-2-12 01:15 |只看該作者

Hi Big Q,

The living costs in London? Expensive as always and as ever, you bet. Can't afford to eat out all the time or hire a full-time helper like in Hong Kong. But on the positive lookouts, it will be a good place for my boys' education and they can grow up more independently. I am one of those mothers who will kick my kids out of the house once they are old enough as 21, seriously (But of course we will ensure that they receive the right education and skills before to do so). London is also a better place for family life, more balanced and more space. Too many temtations in Hong Kong both for me and for my husband. Haha! We are now just waiting for our sons to grow a bit older, so we can be ready to relocate without the need of having a helper. My husband grew up in London, he's already has a circle of supports. The big challenges are on my end. :evil:

首頁

尾頁

跳至