跳至

首頁

尾頁

複式洋房

積分: 320

1#
發表於 06-2-17 15:59 |只看該作者

Migrate to Aus

We are planning to migrate to Aus (I, my husband & my girl) this year. But a lot of friend advise us not to migrate in this age (30+) as it's our golden period...and have to give up a lot of things = money & career...etc. We are very afraid we cannot find a job in Aus...

On the other hand, we would like to provide better education for our girl...

anyone has their experience to share...

別墅

積分: 768

2#
發表於 06-3-24 12:31 |只看該作者

Re: Migrate to Aus

same case to us....... but we still go ahead in Aug this year as our major reason is for good education, environment for the kids. And we think in Aus should have more family time instead of in HK.

Yes, we need to give us a lot but it also the only one chance to migration. One you get older, no country welcome even in HK...... :-( :-(

別墅

積分: 514

3#
發表於 06-3-25 23:53 |只看該作者

I am going back to OZ in June as I have left my BB there since he was 3 months (he is now 7 months). I belive OZ is a good place for BB to grow up and of course is a comfortable place for us.

民房

積分: 16

4#
發表於 06-3-27 18:24 |只看該作者

i am living in Syd but we think differently than you gals/guys, as we are thinking of moving back to HK because of my daughter, she is now 9 months, she is borned in HK. I have been travelling between Syd and HK. Do you gals really think Aus is better? the education is better and the enviornment is better, but you will not get any help. That's why a lot of mums quit their jobs after the birth. the alternative is to put the baby in childcare, but the waiitng list is at least 1 year. And the other thing you have to remember is, kids don't go to school until 5, they only have 1 year of kindergarden.
i am still struggling whether i should stay in Syd or back to HK. I have the same problem as I am 31 this year, I am afraid it will be very difficult for me and my husband to begin our life in HK.....since we have been in Syd longer than in HK.

別墅

5#
發表於 06-3-28 00:23 |只看該作者

petramum,

How long have you been in Sydney? So is your BB girl in now in OZ or HK?

複式洋房

6#
發表於 06-3-28 17:28 |只看該作者

we will move to sydeny end of this year....of course becos of our girl. she is 3 years old and she will attend the childcare there firstly. but we don't know there need 1 year waiting list of childcare...

petrumum, how long has you been there? how about the benefit of social security you get there?

ngtft & F. Forest, are you going to move to Sydney as well? how long you think you will stay there? where will you live when arrival?

民房

7#
發表於 06-3-28 21:16 |只看該作者

we have been there for 16 years from study to work. Petra is born in HK to get the HK ID card. Parents will get some rebate for the childcare from the government, but the amount depends on the family income. The higher the income, the lesser the monies. You can check that out in http://www.centrelink.gov.au/internet/internet.nsf/individuals/index.htm
actually it is really comfortable to live in Syd, but it is difficult for me now as Petra is so attached to her caretaker in HK. I am afraid that she will cry to death if I bring her back to Syd. If we don't have Petra, we may never leave Syd

複式洋房

8#
發表於 06-3-29 10:49 |只看該作者

so if you come back to syd, who will take care of your child? my girl is also very attached to the maid now, i don't know whether she will get used to if without the maid...

民房

9#
發表於 06-3-29 12:47 |只看該作者

i will take her to childcare.. your daughter is 3 years old, i think she should not be too bad as at least she should have some common sense. Wereas for my baby girl, she got no memory at all, I have just went back to Syd for 5 weeks, and she doesn't recognize me.

別墅

10#
發表於 06-3-29 13:15 |只看該作者

Hi Catchan

I am planning to move to Brisbane. Although Sydney got more job opportuntity but also greater competition. Also living expense is high too.

I choose Brisbane casue we like quite place and Sunny weather. My wife sure cannot work and mainly to take care of both kids.

I know that childcare have long waiting list and need time to look around.

別墅

11#
發表於 06-3-29 13:19 |只看該作者

Hi Petramum

What do you mean "not get any help"? You mean help to take care of children or government help etc?

別墅

12#
發表於 06-3-29 23:49 |只看該作者

[quote]
catchan 寫道:
we will move to sydeny end of this year....of course becos of our girl. she is 3 years old and she will attend the childcare there firstly. but we don't know there need 1 year waiting list of childcare...

petrumum, how long has you been there? how about the benefit of social security you get there?

ngtft & F. Forest, are you going to move to Sydney as well? how long you think you will stay there? where will you live when arrival?

[quote]

We are returning to Sydney in June/July this year as we cannot leave my BB too long in OZ for my mother to take care. You know, 7 months BB is trying to learn and it is very important to establish the bonding relationship with him. Actually, I will most likely to live with my mum rather that mother-in-law (if my husband is OK).
If me & husband still stay in HK, we will need someone to look after our son. However, we do not trust the foreign maid as we do not have any elder relatives to assist us to monitor the maid while she is with my BB.
I migrated to Sydney 20 years ago and came back to HK for career for 12 years. That's why I think I am OK if I move back to OZ.

複式洋房

積分: 252

13#
發表於 06-3-30 01:41 |只看該作者

Hi all,

I've just completed teh health check & is waiting for the grant of PR visa.
However, I haven't made up my mind & is still struggling on whether to go to Aus. I've a 5 yrs old girl & a 3 mths baby. My wife will stop working & take care of the children if we move to Aus. Financial capability is one of our concern.
Do you know if I could support my family with an annual income of about just Aus$60,000 in Brisbane or Melbourne?

複式洋房

14#
發表於 06-3-30 08:58 |只看該作者

My husband's boss is referring a job to him in Brisbane. if someone employ him in Brisbane, we will no doubt to go there. otherwise, we will move to sydney as we know there much more than other cities.

Same as YiuBa, we just concern the income we can earn there to support the family life.....but i think A$60,000 can be supported the life in Brisbane as the living standard is not too high than Sydney or Melbourne...

複式洋房

15#
發表於 06-3-30 09:04 |只看該作者

yes, it's more better for the 3 years old children....i think your girl will recongize and know more when she's getting older...

petramum 寫道:
i will take her to childcare.. your daughter is 3 years old, i think she should not be too bad as at least she should have some common sense. Wereas for my baby girl, she got no memory at all, I have just went back to Syd for 5 weeks, and she doesn't recognize me.

別墅

16#
發表於 06-3-30 16:03 |只看該作者

Aus$60,000 is good enough for 4 ppls family.

assume a 3 badroom house in brisbane is around A$300 to A$400 rent per week. Almost A$1100 per week's earning is good enough, but you also get less benefit from gov with this income range.

複式洋房

積分: 252

17#
發表於 06-3-31 00:35 |只看該作者

Oh, what I mean by 60K is before tax income. With the tax, medical levy, superannuation etc., the usable money would be ~35K only. I think the living standards in Aus is high. And you must have at least one car for daily transportation. Of course it would be better if you get 2 such that you could drive one to work & your wife could use the other one to take the children to school or other places around. So I just wonder if A$700 a week could sustain a family. Or I just adopt the HK live style in my thinking & it is totally different in Aus. Can anyone share his experience or planning?

民房

18#
發表於 06-3-31 12:16 |只看該作者

Hi all
first of all, no much help means........ from the elders parents...unless your parents live in Aus, otherwise you will have to get help from others elders. and a lot of people in HK have maids, this not no common in Aus so there are a lot of full time mum.
i am talking about Syd only, never live in other states before........childcare cost range from A60-90 per day, registered nanny range from A20-30 per hour. Unless you can find some cheap chinese migrants, heard people told me they cost A60 per day but I don't want to risk my baby for that.
these days Syd is a comparatively expensive city to live in..........i just find out when I went back to HK to give birth, in fact I haven't live in HK for a long long time. Rent is not that expensive but daily expenses are high and you all have to bear in mind the high tax rate, that's the most killing part.
all you get paid is after tax monies so when doing budgeting use after tax monies...although you may get some tax return afterwards.
rent is Syd city for a new 1 bedroom unit is A400-450 per week. eating not that expensive.....but eating out is expensive, health insurance about A200 per month, petrol is cheap, about A55-90 for a full tank. all the bills are very expensive compare to HK, esp phone bill and mobile phone bill
700 should be enough not including rent and no childcare
hope this help

別墅

19#
發表於 06-3-31 13:45 |只看該作者

Hi Petramum

For health insurance, A200 is for whole family or just one person?

Is it you can get some money from government if you have kids?

民房

20#
發表於 06-3-31 16:16 |只看該作者

for the whole family........you can search on the internet and have a look.....if you really can't find any, I can tell you some
in fact, a lot of Aus coy have website, you can check that out before you go to Aus........Aus is a country that use a lot of internet, they even encourage people to do banking on internet
and it is a very baby friendly country not like HK
check that out in this website
http://www.centrelink.gov.au/internet/internet.nsf/individuals/index.htm

首頁

尾頁

跳至