積分: 1894

發表於 06-6-27 00:32 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Migrate to Aus

hi, samuellor,
不好意思,我一家(2大人,3小孩)打算年底到melb,但不熟melb情況,有些問題想請教你:
如果係PR Visa,是否子女入讀政府中學,不用付費?
入政府學校是否跟住區收生?那只要住在多學校區,申請就一定收嗎?
如果在香港已有車牌,到澳之後,還需再考牌嗎?
MEDICAL CARD如果要2年後才能申請,那剛land的頭2年要看病是怎計?

禁止訪問

積分: 2192

發表於 06-6-27 09:07 |顯示全部帖子

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

別墅

積分: 768

發表於 06-6-27 09:58 |顯示全部帖子

Hi samuellor

Don't mind to share why you give up PR before and now get it back again?

禁止訪問

發表於 06-6-27 11:03 |顯示全部帖子

別墅

發表於 06-6-27 11:58 |顯示全部帖子

Hi samuellor

Any suburb is good for living and near to good state school in Brisbane? Since I have not find a job, so I will consider to the area where the state school is good and good for living.

Any comment?

By the way, I am going to pack and ship all housewhole end of July. Any item must buy in HK and expensive in Aus? I am going to take whole 20" container.

禁止訪問

發表於 06-6-27 12:01 |顯示全部帖子

大宅

發表於 06-6-27 12:36 |顯示全部帖子

samuellor,
Thanks for your reply. You are so nice. One more question, do you think we need to ship the private car to Aus? Buy in Aus is cheaper or send our car in HK is cheaper, please give me comment.

Hi, ngtft,
Would you mind tell me how much to ship a 20" container to Aus, and which delivery company you are using? Is it the cheapest? Maybe I need the same service end of this year.

禁止訪問

發表於 06-6-27 14:06 |顯示全部帖子

大宅

發表於 06-6-27 15:29 |顯示全部帖子

samuellor,
We are planning to go Melbourne but not yet decide the suburb. Depanding on what school our kids will enter, I am still asking people about schooling, because we don't know which one is good. There are too many school names from the net. Do you think we better choose single sex school for child?
By the way,which kind of private cars are normally used in Aus ? and what is the market price of those cars. Can you give me some idea?

禁止訪問

發表於 06-6-27 16:02 |顯示全部帖子

別墅

發表於 06-6-27 16:14 |顯示全部帖子

vv123

While I am getting quotation from different forwarder, one of them said lots of ppls ship car from HK to Aus, but you need to own the car in HK more than 1 year to get tax deduction. Especially those BMW, Benz etc high value car is cheaper if you ship from HK. Other Japanese case may be buy in Oz is cheaper as they will offer 5yr unlimited meter warrenty when have special. I heard that Cammy 3000cc less then HK200k if i remeber correctly.

About the forwarder, may be I PM you for the company name la and price for you reference. Its range from HK$48k to HK$33k. Depends on whether you have special requirement like piano, LCD TV, glasses etc.

複式洋房

積分: 320

發表於 06-6-27 23:18 |顯示全部帖子

hi ngtft

Would you pls PM me the forwarder information to me as well. I will move to Aus end of this year too. But not yet decide where to stay, either Sydney or Brisbane....

Where will you stay when you first arrive in Brisbane? When will you find the house? After landing or you will go there to find the house first?

大宅

發表於 06-6-27 23:47 |顯示全部帖子

Really thanks both of you ngtft and samuellor

別墅

發表於 06-6-28 11:08 |顯示全部帖子

PMed both of you vv123 and catchan

別墅

發表於 06-6-28 11:12 |顯示全部帖子

Hi catchan

I will temp stay at Sunny Bank Hill 1st when arrive Brisbane. After that I will get some comment from the local ppls about which state primary school is good and look for the house to rent at that area.

I have landed 2 yrs ago and this time will be my permanent stay there.

大宅

發表於 06-6-28 17:40 |顯示全部帖子

ngtft,

Thank your info. so you are using Baltains now? It is the cheapest right? what means ship by consol? how long will take to arrive oz, you rent house first before you send the container? are you looking for renting house from the net?

別墅

積分: 514

發表於 06-6-28 23:57 |顯示全部帖子

Hi ngtft,

Can I also have the information and contact of your forwarder cos I will move to Sydney in coming Dec/Jan. Thanks a lot.

F.Forest

別墅

發表於 06-6-29 10:09 |顯示全部帖子

You can find the company name and contact from thsi page.

http://moverworldwide.com/movers/Hong_Kong/Hong_Kong.htm

別墅

發表於 06-6-29 10:28 |顯示全部帖子

Hi vv123
Yes I selected BALtrans. The price I have sent to you just the price for the 20" container, but you need to add the documentation fee, custom clearance fee, fumigation fee, special crating etc.

BALtrans is not the cheapest when comes to total cost but compare to the company background, the feel when you talk to them and the atitude to answer you question, I choose the most reliable one.

Please note that the insurance price can cost a lot if you send lots of valuable items.

Consol means you need to share the container with other goods. For consol it will take a bit longer time as need to wait for other goods to fill up the container (heard that container size will be 40") but if for Sydney should not be any problem as lots of goods is sending to Sydney, but for Brisbane or others not popular port, may be a bit longer, or may be the forwarder send all to Sydney can carry your goods to other location by land. Usually take around 6-8 weeks Door-to-Door. For whole container, it can takes only 4-6 weeks. actually the time taken by ship is only 16 days from HK port to Oz port.

One important thing, the owner must be in Oz in order for the custom clearance. You need to tell the forwarder when will you be in Oz in order for them to arrange to send out the container.

I will rent house when I arrive Brisbane, since the house price in Oz is very expensive, someone said comes to the bubble, so lots of peoples rent house instead, so you need to inspect the house and make decision fast if you really like it. It cannot wait as others may take it. Renting house from Internet is not recommended/possible I think as the landlord also want to see you too.

Can you forward my PM to F.Forest as I cannot find the copy of my PM sent to you.

首頁

尾頁

跳至