首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 2431

181#
發表於 03-7-26 04:02 |只看該作者

Re: Any mother is living in USA now - Part ll

YM:
You can be yr children guaridan with yr greencard.

helloruby
Depent on high school district la
that's my sister's house was 400000 now 500000
only a yr
now I am looking for a town house or Condo with 2-3 bedrooms the price need at least is 250000-300000

Everyone:
Do you like a HK actor names MA ChU Tak???????

:-P :-P :-P
學懂凡事感恩和感謝,孩子終身受用不盡

洋房

積分: 709

182#
發表於 03-7-26 05:34 |只看該作者

cutie-mom and jaan,
thank you for update me in the list! thank you !

whalebb,
you and your husband can try to have second baby now, by the time you get pregnant Fat bean may be just old enough. l think she reach 16 months old it would be good time to get pregnant, coz she starts to more indepance and even can help you out . My older son help me answer all the commerical stupid phone calls when l was too lazy to get up from bed in the morning( while pregnant)

helloruby,
oh what a good idea bring a cup along while out with kids! my older son still need to wear diaper or training pants while we out... but he didn't wet on it and come home ask to pee pee! just coupel days ago. so pity he will still have accident almost everyday! esp MIL around the house.

suecheung
welcome to USA! hope to hear from you settle down in usa soon. Try to make your two monsters stay up a bit so by the time they get on the plane and eat they will want to go to sleep! l am nervous for you about the long fly to usa too but wish you the best!

mrsyip
how are you doing? and your little girl?

pespi
oh good for you save alot of diaper . l like tiffany that name too. it sounds pretty!

hayden ma,
yes there are alot of poor people in USA! chinese in USA almost only belong in two classes! high income or low income classes. l went to chicago couple months ago, the Thai park his Benz SUV next to us! hello? BenzSUV at least 54,000USD, once we went to shopping mall the chinese park his Lexus SUV(sp)car next to us with two young boys in the cars. l seldom see any chinese dinning in resturant even in chinese resturant! l wonder why? they only dinning at home for chinese food? or they can't afford dinning out?

My two boys name are very common! But l like that way coz l don't want people couldn't even prounds it . somehow l think common name got more chance to call up ,may be they will get more chance for everything! Both boys chinese l picked for them and follow my chinese last name"LAM" . alex is "lam chuk lung" coz born in year of dragon, ryan is " lam kar yin" l like it sounds very genltment

Alex and Ryan

大宅

積分: 1991

183#
發表於 03-7-26 09:42 |只看該作者

Thanks Hayden 媽媽 & whalebb,

But I wonder my daughter is only 3.9yrs old now. Can I apply for I-485 for a "greencard" so early?
I got the information from US Consulate website. I can only apply for US immigration when my daughter becomes 21 yrs old. I'm so confusing.

If I'm on a tourist visa for extension, does it mean I have to go back to HK after one year expire and have to leave my daughter alone in US??

大宅

184#
發表於 03-7-26 09:48 |只看該作者

whalebb,

I saw Ma Chung Tak in Shatin Town Centre. he was performing a Fashion show there. He's tall & really a handsome guy, hehe!!!

大宅

積分: 3790

185#
發表於 03-7-27 00:58 |只看該作者

whalebb,
Are you talking about 馬德鐘?

Hayden mama,
My husband like your thinking, but, I am the one to push my daugther leave HK earlier.

yv,
I think Chinese like to dine out in Chinese restuarant too, but it depends on which kind of Chinese restaurant, the one for American, or the one for real Chinese, because we don't like the American style Chinese food. Chinese prefer to eat in China Town. I have lived in Chicago for 3 years, actually, I lived in Evanston which is just 30 minutes away from Chicago city China town. We seldom dine in Chinese restaurant in Evanston because their food are for American. We only like to go to "yum cha" in a restaurant, which is very crowd on Sunday Morning, in Argyle Stree (North China Town), and sometimes, dinner in Old China Town.

YV, which town in Ohio do you live? I heard there is a big Chinese market in Cincinnati, but I haven't been there. I have only been to Cincinnati Zoo. Before, I move to Chicago, I lived in Lexington, Kentucky.

I think Asian are more material, they like to show their status if they are rich. So they like to buy brand name car rather than useful car. You know Hong Kong, that small place, have most Benz in the world. I heard some rich kids from Hong Kong like to buy BMW when they arrive America. Spoiled!
:wave: :wave:

複式洋房

積分: 428

186#
發表於 03-7-27 06:24 |只看該作者

Hi all,

I know you are talking what is the best time to migrate to US. I think this question for long long time. But now, I decided to give up my job and fly to us because I want my children to learn English more easily. My elder daughter is 3.5 years old. She has finished K1 in HK. She feels shy to talk with the foreigners. Even she would rather choose Chinese VCD than English. She does not like me to use English to talk her. She said, Everybody talks Cantonese in school. Therefore, that's why we migrate to US while they are young , we hope her to learn English easily.

I think my younger son will learn english easily because he has just started talking with two sound.

民房

積分: 117

187#
發表於 03-7-28 07:22 |只看該作者

helloruby,
I agreed with whalebb and hayden mama, the high schools here are not that bad, it depend on where you lives and what kind of people you hang out with?!
I agreed with you, kids are so spoiled now a day!
I remember when I came to go to school many years ago, foreign student back then has to endure a lot of hardships, now their parents had prepared everything for them before they come!

suecheung,
I hope your transition to US will run smoothly, and your family can adapt into the new life real fast. Your children are so young, they probably will not have any problem learning English at all!

Hayden mama,
What do you think about "Texas Tomorrow Fund"? Have you brought any fund for Hayden yet? We are thinking about getting the tomorrow fund for my girls, but have some reservation about it!

複式洋房

積分: 259

188#
發表於 03-7-28 10:56 |只看該作者

suecheung:
good luck in usa....hope you can fit in usa's life asap.....for the children...I think you have to make it as early as you can.......it will be much easier when they start early age....a lot of chinese (mailland) people bought the children back to china and then let the grandparent to take care of them....and the children will be spoiled by the grandparent...and once they come back to usa when they are 5 or 6 years old...they feel so uncomfotable....and they have to work very hard to learn english...plus they think their parent not love them becasue their parent have to work very hard ......no matter what..I think you made a right decision.....this is my personal opinion only.... :-P :-P

hayden's mama:
yeah ....I work full time gar...40 hrs/week....but I am now as "light duty"....can't handle anything more than 5 lbs...so I became a handicape in the station

whalebb:
where are you now?? HK????? hope you have fun..

cuttiemommy:
once I complained about the weather...the same night It rain real crazy...it's like hurricane..

all usa mommy:
thanks for all you gals response...suprise you all like the name "tiffany" :-P :-P :-P
you people response so fast and so efficent..it's hard for me to catch up....

talk to you next time....
Pepsii 怨天尤人,輸家精神;自怨自艾,註定失敗。 My BB Girl ""Tiffany"" Born on 2003年11月19日~~請多多指教 :-P :-P :-P :-D :-D :-D :-P :-P :-P NOV 19~~ 7LB>>>>>DEC 01 ~~ 7LB 3 OZ DEC 22~~ 8LB 13OZ My Little Princess "Tiffany's Pictures" :-P :-P :-P

別墅

積分: 851

189#
發表於 03-7-28 16:15 |只看該作者

yv,

My baby is ok. This summer we are busying for family members and friends to visit us. It maybe we have a brand new baby. Last Monday we went to the Desert Hot Spring spa hotel for vacation with my husband's family. We had a fun. Yesterday, we went to Rowland Heights to buy Chinese food. We found out the " Shun Fat" supermarket has a new branch in there. We got a free "rice" 20kg with spent $50. ha...... :-P

複式洋房

積分: 387

190#
發表於 03-7-28 20:15 |只看該作者

Hi All!

whalebb: I don't know the actor you are talking about la.... I am very "out" now :-( :-( :-(

yv: Yes seems like a lot of Chinese people like Lexus cars. My uncle who lives in NYC area has a Lexus SUV AND a Lexus sedan. And when I was in college, a lot of ABCs drive expensive cars around, very much spoiled! :-x But in Chinatown, there are so many poor immigrants working in restaurants just to earn enough to have food and shelter... I feel bad for those people.
I agree that there are two kinds of Chinese restaurants - American style and authentic style... I usually go by this rule: if there are a lot of Chinese people in a Chinese restaurant, it must be good.. also ask for the other menu, not the regular "lunch special" one. I usually try to speak either Cantonese or Mandarin when my hubby and I go to a Chinese restaurant - ususally get better food that way. :-P

ym: I will have to go check out the INS website again, btw, there is no such thing as INS anymore, in case you didn't know. It has become the Bureau of Citizenship under Department of Homeland Security. All the procedures are the same tho.
I think it might be the case that your kid has to grow up to 21 before you can apply for a greencard.. because he/she has to show an affadivit (sp?) of support to show that your kid can pay for your living expenses while you are here. But I will go ask around for you. It is better to have an immigration lawyer tho, to get some professional advice.

helloruby: I think if you can come to the US with your child, it is better to come early (kindergarten age). However, if you cannot come with your child, it is better to wait until your child grow up (but pass the rebellious teenager stage). That's why I think Senior year in high school is better. I came by myself when I came to the US. It was really hard not to have a family here, but I was living with an American family while attending highschool. That was a very fun time.

suecheung: glad to know that you are here with your kids, are you going to enroll in kindergarten?

mrs.leung: I defintely think the 529 college savings plans are great. I don't have Texas tomorrow fund tho, because I don't want to confine Hayden B's college choices. In Texas tomorrow fund, it is true that you can use the $ for out of state schools, but I think you will have to take a penalty. So I enrolled in a Nevada state-sponsored plan managed by a major broker firm. the $ in the plan can be used in any public or private colleges in the US. And I am saving for Hayden B's college already!

pepsii: wow, take it easy then! working full time is very hard while pregnant. I was very forgettful all the time. So do you get special treatment like a handicap parking spot? :-P :-P :-P How are the kitties?

mrsyip: your BB girl is so beautiful ar!!
Hayden媽媽 - 請多多指教~~~ ***************** 我的寶寶是Hayden B﹐中文名叫平寶寶﹗ [img align=left]http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.geocities.com/sharonlausnow/hayden1.jpg[/img]

複式洋房

積分: 477

191#
發表於 03-7-29 04:42 |只看該作者

whalebb:
Write the actor's chinese name to us, maybe then I know who are you talking about.

Haydenmama:
How is little Hayden? Can he stand up by his own now?

Helloruby:
I think if you want to send your daughter back in here at Senior year (12th grade) for high school, I really do think is too late for her. At least you will need to start her from the Junior year (11th grade), if you want her to get into the good college, she will probably need to get a good SAT score for that. Unless you want your daughter to get into the college by taking the TOFEL? (spelling?, that's the test for the foreign students only). Personally, I agree with Mrs.leung, from making friends to learning english skill wise, is better to make it before they hit the teenage years.
The High schools in US is not too scary, is really depends on the district where you live and you can always put them in the catholic schools if you are worried about the descipline from the public ones but I attended public schools myself for all those years and I think is fine.

yv:
Like Haydenmama said, we only go to the "chinese" restaurants but I guess is pretty lucky in NYC cuz we have a lot of choices for foods. Compare to 15 years ago, is so much better now, anything you name it, we got most of them in NYC. I really impressed that we have the desert place from H.K.
( the mango sago type ) and the bubble teas places too.

mrs.yip:
Your daugher is so cute in that pic., good that you can have some time to relax, did you bring your daughter with you guys to the spa resort?

pepsii:
We got the super good weekend weather, don't complain la :-P :-P , take a easy at work!

I took my son to the Sesame place on last friday, we have a great time there and he enjoyed it so much. He could get on all the rides cuz he reaches the required height and he got in there for free, so it is very very good. hehehehehe Surprise me that he didn't get scared with all the rides at all, kids just grown up too fast right , all mommies??!!

民房

積分: 117

192#
發表於 03-7-29 06:15 |只看該作者

Haydenmama,
You are right! I don't want my daughters confined only to Texas' schools also, eventhough University of Austin is a very good school. It is correct you can use the $ for out of state school, it will only pay you the $ you paid today, they'll not cover the rise of the tuition. Most of my friends who have older children, wait until their children are in high school to get the fund for them. The funds you have mentioned sound great, maybe my husband can take a look into it. Thanks!

Mrs. Yip,
Your baby girl look so big, you probably get use to taking care of her now?!

Yv,
It seem we don't have the "dining out" problems at Austin, because the chinese restaurant are all so bad, we just give up eating out!

複式洋房

積分: 428

193#
發表於 03-7-29 06:37 |只看該作者

Hi all,

I will set off tomorrow night. Everything is alright. My daughter will go to school at the end of August. I hope she can adopt so many new things. I have talked to her about US. She said she likes US more than HK.

To jaan,

I am so sorry that I haven't contacted you because I am quite busy to have dinner with my friends. And I think I will bother you whileI came back home late after dinner.
I hope I will contact you tonight.

大宅

194#
發表於 03-7-29 08:39 |只看該作者

[size=large]馬德鐘ah!!!! :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P
學懂凡事感恩和感謝,孩子終身受用不盡

大宅

195#
發表於 03-7-29 09:22 |只看該作者

Hayden mama,

Thanks for your reply. It is very kind of you.

別墅

積分: 909

196#
發表於 03-7-29 18:38 |只看該作者

Cutie_Mom,
Yes, agree. Kids just grown up too fast! This morning, my husband asked me "你捨唔捨得個女咁快大", I said, 點解咁問, 佢話"因為細個得意D囉! :-P :-P :-P , I said, don't worry, still have one baby boy (now only 6 months), he said, HA HA, 繼續生喇!:-x:-x

mrs yip,
Congratuation! You have a beautiful girl!

Hayden Ma,
Thank you for seaching information.

Whalebb,
Where are you now? HAPPY! :-P :-P

複式洋房

積分: 387

197#
發表於 03-7-29 20:10 |只看該作者

jaan: "繼續生喇"???!!!! I think having 1 kid is hard enough! I keep telling my hubby we are not going to have any more babies. But his mom wants a granddaughter :-(

cutie_mommy: Hayden B stands up by himself now and he likes to hold on the furniture and walk around. I am sure he will be walking before his 1st b-day~ Time really flies!

whalebb: what does this guy do? Actor? Singer? I never heard of him la.

mrs.leung: there is a website out there called Saving For College.com. It is a very good website.www.savingforcollege.com It lists all the 529 College Savings Plans available by all states and also some info about the Coverdall Education Savings Account. You might also want to look into upromise.com
Since the money grows tax-free in a 529 plan, I suppose it is better to save early rather than later! :-P

ym: you are welcomed. I will let you know if I find out anything.
Hayden媽媽 - 請多多指教~~~ ***************** 我的寶寶是Hayden B﹐中文名叫平寶寶﹗ [img align=left]http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.geocities.com/sharonlausnow/hayden1.jpg[/img]

複式洋房

198#
發表於 03-7-29 23:11 |只看該作者

jaan:
Your hubby really keep you busy huh? heheheh
A girl and a boy, you got the perfect match already, the third one is just a bonus la, hehehe.

Haydenmama:
One kid maybe is just too boring for him/her. I guess having two will be better at least our sons will have a sibling when they grow up and have someone to discuss with if they have problems and someone they can trust. For the working mom, I agree like you said, having a kid is so much work already but if I am going to have another is all because of my son.

whalebb:
I know which one you are talking about, he is married and he was a cop before he became the model and actor. He has a real good body shape, very tall.

複式洋房

199#
發表於 03-7-29 23:43 |只看該作者

suecheung:
Good luck with everything! Don't worry, kids are very easy getting along with others, especially your daugher is still so little, just encouraged her more because maybe at the beginning she might find a little strange with a different environment, different colors of the people and different language but I am sure she will love the US style very soon.
Just let us know after you have settled down.

大宅

200#
發表於 03-7-30 01:42 |只看該作者

jaan:
I think your hubbyt wants another bb ah
so go ahead la
he he he he

Hayden M
He is an actor of TVB
:-P :-P :-P :-P
fat bean can crawling but is to the back forward.
wrong direction
also loves standing
I hope she will able to walk with her big head at three months later.

Cuttie m
I know he is married la
has children too.
I still admire him ah :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P
學懂凡事感恩和感謝,孩子終身受用不盡

首頁

尾頁

跳至