跳至

首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 2735

1#
發表於 06-6-19 15:40 |只看該作者

Vancouver

any parents from Vancouver but currently living in HK?

別墅

積分: 765

2#
發表於 06-6-19 18:19 |只看該作者

Re: Vancouver

Hi! Nice to meet you here!
:-)

複式洋房

積分: 418

3#
發表於 06-6-20 05:42 |只看該作者

I live in Vancouver now..
nice to meet you.

大宅

4#
發表於 06-6-20 09:35 |只看該作者

hunny999,

any parents applied canadian certificate of citizenship for babies?
I've sent out the application, however they said the processing time takes 6-9 months

大宅

5#
發表於 06-6-20 09:38 |只看該作者

kchy,

Are you going to deliver baby in Vancouver? good for you. I delivered my son in HK.

How long have you been in Vancouver?

別墅

6#
發表於 06-6-20 11:01 |只看該作者

my baby is born in hk and already got the canadian passport. it really takes 6 months to process the citizenship cert. we went to vancouver last months and my bb loves there very much. although he's only 19 months, he learned many things there and very very happy.

cocobean225 寫道:
hunny999,

any parents applied canadian certificate of citizenship for babies?
I've sent out the application, however they said the processing time takes 6-9 months

大宅

7#
發表於 06-6-20 11:50 |只看該作者

hunny999,

my son is 15 months now, little bit younger than your boy. Did you apply for any other documents for your son while you were in Vancouver? I'm thinking of going back for a trip to renew my driver's license when my son's passport is ready, I've checked from the website that we can apply SIN card for our babies in person when we're in Canada.

別墅

8#
發表於 06-6-20 15:52 |只看該作者

cocobean225

oh, we're almost in the same situation. my brother-in-law told us that if the bb need to apply anything his parent must permanent stay in canada. we went there to renew my husband's driving license and did nothing other than that. i'm not a canadian resident and my husband leaves for years. your parent there? Are you planning to go back and stay? I found all things are much more expensive than 2000.

大宅

9#
發表於 06-6-20 17:31 |只看該作者

hunny999,

My parents are still in Canada now and I'm Canadian citizen. From what I check from the website, it doesn't require the parents to be permanently stay in Canada to apply for the SIN / Medicare card for babies. Can any parents clarify on this?

So do you plan to send your son back to Canada in the future? I'm planning ahead now, thinking of sending him or moving back in 8-10 years.

別墅

10#
發表於 06-6-20 22:12 |只看該作者

cocobean225

planning next year but afraid can't get a job! my husband is almost 40. i still thinking to spend the rest of summer in vancouver with my son but need to stay apart with my husband. :-(

複式洋房

積分: 418

11#
發表於 06-6-21 05:11 |只看該作者

cocobean225,

yup, i'm going to deliver my baba in here..
I think that should be good in here more than HK..

i've been here 1 and a half years already.
how about you..
are you in HK or in Vancouver?

大宅

12#
發表於 06-6-21 09:21 |只看該作者

kchy,

I'm currently in HK but I still consider Vancouver as my home.

Are you going to stay there for good?

kchy 寫道:
cocobean225,

yup, i'm going to deliver my baba in here..
I think that should be good in here more than HK..

i've been here 1 and a half years already.
how about you..
are you in HK or in Vancouver?

大宅

13#
發表於 06-6-21 09:24 |只看該作者

hunny999,

good for you, you can move back next year, for me, it's still a long long way to go.

I agree it's definitely harder to get a decent job there, but good jobs are still out there, keep looking.

If you're planning to move back next year, then your son is going to take kindergarten education there right? good for him. Somehow I have little regrets that my son can't enjoy the pre-school years in Canada.

首頁

尾頁

跳至