跳至

首頁

尾頁

男爵府

積分: 5849

發表於 06-8-31 17:22 |顯示全部帖子

Re: any malaysian or sg mummy!!!

hello~~ does anyone know where can I get cheaper maggi mee in HK? i like maggi mee a lot, especially "asam laksa". every time i go back to msia, have to bring back a whole carton!!! so far as i know, there is a shop in 春園街, wanchai selling maggi mee, but at price of HK$15 for 1 pack of 5. anyone know???

複式洋房

積分: 231

發表於 06-9-1 00:08 |顯示全部帖子

Thank you CeCe, nice to find someone to talk to. Yes, I am now pregnant but just less than a month, I just told my family and my husband, I am afraid that bb will 小氣, (I am quiet traditional), my mother in law hasn't know yet, I don't know when I should tell her. I am very careful now. I think I am going to deliver bb in KL rather than HK as I know bb go back before 1 or 2 years old (have to confirm), bb can get the HK ID card as well as Malaysia Passport.
I am now looking for some books to read and eat healthy. :-P

大宅

積分: 1914

發表於 06-9-1 10:47 |顯示全部帖子

Stockinette,
so envy u got a good job, i'm not that ambitious frankly, but do want to do something or at least to have some private time, i guess u'll know what i mean when u become a full-time mom!

wow... so nice to have a trip back to see yr family, hope u enjoy it and have a nice trip! me here, very much enjoying the time being with my family in hk now!
My baby, Geralyn 瑋瑋, was born on April 7, 2004

大宅

發表於 06-9-1 10:54 |顯示全部帖子

貞貞,
arhh??? i always in doubt why my hubby likes maggi mee more than "出前一ting"? i guess just similar to what i like "fook mee", not the taste of it but the meaning behind, ya?

貞貞 寫道:

hello~~ does anyone know where can I get cheaper maggi mee in HK? i like maggi mee a lot, especially "asam laksa". every time i go back to msia, have to bring back a whole carton!!! so far as i know, there is a shop in 春園街, wanchai selling maggi mee, but at price of HK$15 for 1 pack of 5. anyone know???

大宅

發表於 06-9-1 11:06 |顯示全部帖子

Jelly_fish,
wow...congrats, is this yr 1st pregnancy? less than 1 month? then u'll have to rest more, try to listen to more soft music to calm yrself down, take folic acid and drink more milk if u like milk, i don't like milk so i take calcium tablet instead, hope u enjoy yr pregnancy and be a happy mom in KL then!

男爵府

發表於 06-9-1 12:29 |顯示全部帖子

CeCe 寫道:
貞貞,
arhh??? i always in doubt why my hubby likes maggi mee more than "出前一ting"? i guess just similar to what i like "fook mee", not the taste of it but the meaning behind, ya?

don't understand? what is the meaning behind? i like the taste, that is it. my hubby like it too, and he is always "helping" me to clear my stock fast

男爵府

發表於 06-9-1 12:35 |顯示全部帖子

Congrat Jelly_fish

take more rest and relax in the early stage of pregnancy is important. folic acid is good the fetus brain development. milk is good choice for calcium intake rather than calcium tablets. i will suggest drinking milk if u r not allergy to lactose.

複式洋房

發表於 06-9-1 23:26 |顯示全部帖子

Thank you , CeCe. Yes, this is the first time. I get so easy to get tire now. It's still in the early stage, I am a bit worry, I will eat more heathy, thank you for your advise.

複式洋房

發表於 06-9-1 23:29 |顯示全部帖子

Thank you, I am so happy now, I try to eat healthy , read more books and magazine from now on..... I love to drink milk but KL, they don't have fresh milk, so I have to buy the one in a box. Or should I take milk powder for Mummy.

Your bb is so cute, how old is the BB.

複式洋房

發表於 06-9-1 23:30 |顯示全部帖子

貞貞,

Thank you, I am so happy now, I try to eat healthy , read more books and magazine from now on..... I love to drink milk but KL, they don't have fresh milk, so I have to buy the one in a box. Or should I take milk powder for Mummy.

Your bb is so cute, how old is the BB.

貞貞 寫道:

Congrat Jelly_fish

take more rest and relax in the early stage of pregnancy is important. folic acid is good the fetus brain development. milk is good choice for calcium intake rather than calcium tablets. i will suggest drinking milk if u r not allergy to lactose.

複式洋房

發表於 06-9-1 23:32 |顯示全部帖子

ShunShunMami
Thank you, it is very helpful!!

ShunShunMami 寫道:
Hi Jelly_fish,

Are you pregnant? If yes, congrats! Maybe you can try these :

1) 孕媽媽雜誌
http://www.eugenegroup.com.hk/journal/

buy the past issues for very cheap prices. Very useful. Also, there are many books too.

2) 孕媽媽應做100件事

http://www.hkbookcity.com/showbook2.php?serial_no=61454

3) messageboard of www.she.com - parenthood
lots of moms-to-be in HK shares the information.

Meanwhile, do you consider to take OSCAR test?

4) http://baby.popart.hk/template2/index.php

Some books from Pop Art are also nice. Simple and short.

PPD = postpartum depression

I will be taking road test in Oct in HK...hope can drive next time when I am back to KL.

Talk to you later!

珍珠宮

積分: 37310

好媽媽勳章 醒目開學勳章 畀面勳章

發表於 06-9-2 22:27 |顯示全部帖子

How come you could not take driving test in malaysia? Did they change the rules cos I got mine in Dec 1999. I am from HK too but living in Penang right now.

Hi there everybody.
ShunShunMami 寫道:
My days in KL were mainly grounded at home because I, even as a spouse of a citizen, could not attend driving test and then get a driving license there directly (I asked the immigration dept for times, so hurt...)

But I was very lucky to have a very very considerate mom-in-law and my husband. They understand it not a good way, at least in short term, to stay in KL. So, they agreed to let me go.

複式洋房

發表於 06-9-3 02:37 |顯示全部帖子

I am also from HK, I still hold a social visa, I have been told from my friends that I couldn't convert my driving license into local license, may be the rules has been change, I have to take the test all over again, written test in Malay, that's why I apply for international license in HK. It's not like Singapore, they can convert their license to local license.

By the way, Elefant老婆 , nice to meet you in BK, at least I know there is one more who is married to Malaysian guy. I am not alone.

Elefant老婆 寫道:
How come you could not take driving test in malaysia? Did they change the rules cos I got mine in Dec 1999. I am from HK too but living in Penang right now.

Hi there everybody. [quote]
ShunShunMami 寫道:
My days in KL were mainly grounded at home because I, even as a spouse of a citizen, could not attend driving test and then get a driving license there directly (I asked the immigration dept for times, so hurt...)

But I was very lucky to have a very very considerate mom-in-law and my husband. They understand it not a good way, at least in short term, to stay in KL. So, they agreed to let me go.
[/quote]

珍珠宮

好媽媽勳章 醒目開學勳章 畀面勳章

發表於 06-9-3 16:46 |顯示全部帖子

You are certainly not alone!

I took my driving lessons (as well as my driving test) in Melaka. I remeber it was in English. (else I wouldnt be able to pass, i know no malay) I failed my first practical but got a resit and passed that (no bribe!)

I am still not used to the malaysian way of life, and i know i will never get use to it. I am currently holding the 1 yr social visa but that's okay (apart from the hassle of renewing it every year down in melaka) I do no have high hopes in getting the PR since it is almost impossible for a non muslim to get one (though there are some do without pulling strings) I will still apply for it when the time comes but will not be disapointed if i fail to get it.

And nice to meet u too Jelly fish! I just came back from Langkawi last weekend!

洋房

積分: 280

發表於 06-9-3 17:31 |顯示全部帖子

hello Elefant老婆!
you have been stay in melaka before? nice to meet you. i from melaka, but now stay at hk. i miss there very much. you pregnant now? if yes, will you come back to hk deliver baby?

珍珠宮

好媽媽勳章 醒目開學勳章 畀面勳章

發表於 06-9-3 23:13 |顯示全部帖子

Yes, I have stayed in melaka before (for 1.5-2yrs) I just came back from HK last month for a short visit during the typhoon season (scary experience because we couldnt land so we were diverted to Manila but thats another long story) I am now pregnant with our first baby and am planning to have the delivery here. I might take the suggestion of applying for a HK ID card for my baby though.

大宅

發表於 06-9-4 09:51 |顯示全部帖子

oh, i like "fook mee" when i was in primary school, i like to eat it in raw, for this time back, i just want to refresh some good memory from childhood so i bought it again to try, i thought u're the same with me lor, that's what i mean the reason behind!

貞貞 寫道:
[quote]
CeCe 寫道:
貞貞,

don't understand? what is the meaning behind? i like the taste, that is it. my hubby like it too, and he is always "helping" me to clear my stock fast [/quote]

大宅

發表於 06-9-4 09:57 |顯示全部帖子

Elefant老婆,
nice to meet u, i'm from hk too! how long have u been married to malaysia? do u like to stay in there? oh, u're expecting too? so yr hubby is now with u in hk until u give birth? congrats!

大宅

發表於 06-9-4 09:59 |顯示全部帖子

Jelly_fish,
yes, it's easy to get tired for the 1st 3 months, just rest more and be in a happy mood then yr baby will be a happy baby too! enjoy yr pregnancy!

珍珠宮

好媽媽勳章 醒目開學勳章 畀面勳章

發表於 06-9-4 15:59 |顯示全部帖子

i have been here for almost 8.5yrs. I think every place has its pros and cons. It is only a matter of personal preference. I actually went to HK for a short visit, now i am back to malaysia with my hubby, we are planning to deliver the baby here in malaysia.
CeCe 寫道:
Elefant老婆,
nice to meet u, i'm from hk too! how long have u been married to malaysia? do u like to stay in there? oh, u're expecting too? so yr hubby is now with u in hk until u give birth? congrats!

首頁

尾頁

跳至