any mami in Shanghai?

?-(

別墅

積分: 794

2#
發表於 06-9-22 22:19 |只看該作者

Re: any mami in Shanghai?

I also want to know......
Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him. Sarah said, "God has brought me laughter and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me." - Genesis 21:5-6

洋房

積分: 122

3#
發表於 06-10-2 01:08 |只看該作者

I may go to Shanghai to work with my husband and I will bring our daughter too. Can anyone give me some helpful information ?

別墅

4#
發表於 06-10-3 21:21 |只看該作者

hancheungbb,

When will you go there? What kind of information are you looking for?

Regards,
CWong

Abraham was a hundred years old when his son Isaac was born to him. Sarah said, "God has brought me laughter and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me." - Genesis 21:5-6

大宅

積分: 1143

5#
發表於 06-10-4 00:17 |只看該作者

hancheungbb

same case here....planning to work in Shanghai for around one year and my bb will go with us...not sure the environment is suitable...and any pbms re medical and education, e.g. any good playgroups and pre-nursery available.

洋房

6#
發表於 06-10-4 14:03 |只看該作者

Dear,
I want all kinds of information. For example,
1. any good playgroups and pre-nursery
2. any recommendation on good ahyi to live in with us
3. can the bb drink the water in Shanghai or we shall buy the distilled water for her ?
4. any problem or what kind of thing we need to pay attention when she get ill and need to go to hospital
5. My girl likes our current Indo maid so much and I wonder if it is good idea to bring her with us. How about the immigration procedure and any extra matter we need to consider before making the decision to employ ahyi or transfer my Indo maid to Shanghai

大宅

積分: 3466

7#
發表於 06-10-6 10:56 |只看該作者

Dear all,

Some of you're planning to move or already moved to Shanghai. I hope the following forums (previous) will be helpful to you all.

http://www.baby-kingdom.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=231233&forum=43#9377951

http://www.baby-kingdom.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=522808&forum=144#8931210

http://www.baby-kingdom.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=337108&forum=17#8925112

We, mommies in Shanghai, are seldom visiting baby-kingdom as it's not easy to access and very slow in speed.

I'm a full-time mom with a 4-y-old son and he's studying at local kindergarten in Shanghai. We're planning to send him to int'l school for the next year term and need to submit application the soonest as there is a long waiting list for all int'l schools.

Please pm or email me if you need further info. I'll try to reply to you all at my earliest convenience.

yswong

大宅

8#
發表於 06-10-6 11:17 |只看該作者

Hi, hancheungbb

As I'm now in HK and will be back to SH this saturday, I'll reply to you on Q1 (lots of info/websites).

2. Good ayi is not easy to find.
3. Most of us use distilled water and filtered water.
4. Bring some more medicines from your family doctor. Medical expenses are expensive, so please buy your own medical insurances if no company benefit at all.
5. Recently my friend told me that she has problems to extend her maid visa in HK. Her maid has to take a 1-month tourist visa to go to Shanghai. The SH government may want to tight the Finoppino to get into China to work. I suggest you bring along with her to SH and help out to settling down first.

BTW, when are you planning to move to Shanghai?
How old is your daughter? Talk to you later then.

yswong

洋房

9#
發表於 06-10-7 00:22 |只看該作者

Hi yswong,
Thanks for your advice. I plan to go to SH by December. It is quite cold in SH and I am afraid that my baby has problem. My bb is now 9.5 months old. If go to SH in Dec, then she will be around 1 year old.

By the way, where do you live in SH? We have rented a apartment close to MTR "Zhong Shan Park"

複式洋房

積分: 469

10#
發表於 06-10-9 16:42 |只看該作者

hello! I just come back from Shanghai. And we decided to move to SH next year...

I also want to send my daughter to Int 'school.Do u have any school lists of u choices??

My choices which my SH relatives recommended:
-Sinapore Intn' School
-American Int'n School
-British Intn't School

Those school fees even expensive than in HK.

Any other intn'school are good and wth reasonable school fee??

We will probably live in Pundong浦東新區,so want to choose a school which nearest our home.

大宅

11#
發表於 06-10-10 09:58 |只看該作者

Hi, hancheungbb

I haven't been staying in Shanghai during winter season, but I had been visiting last Dec and early Jan this year. I think it's okay for me and my son. If you pay a visit in Dec, you can find out yourself.

I live in Jinqiao, Pudong. Your rented apartment is very convenient. There is a big shopping mall and Carrefour at Zhong Shan Park.

This is a good magazine here and published monthly. Please find useful info as needed.

http://www.cityweekend.com.cn/shanghai/listings/parents-and-kids/

Hi, babyQ

My choices of Int'l schools should be as follows:
Dulwich College / Yew Chung Int'l /Concordia Int'l
http://www.cityweekend.com.cn/shanghai/listings/parents-and-kids/schools_k12/

The above-mentioned schools are very close to our home. You have to decide where to live in Pudong. SAS and BIS are very far from Jinqiao and near Pudong airport. SIS is located at Puxi.

Int'l school fees are extremely expensive and will increase almost every year.

Other choices may be SMIC, but not easy to get into the school. http://www.smicschool.org/

Regards,
yswong

別墅

12#
發表於 06-10-10 10:02 |只看該作者

hi hancheungbb,

We are going to SH this Dec as well. Will you have your flu injection before moving to SH? I am considering whether my son has his first needle now (but he need to have second needle in 1 month later) or when he reaches 3 years old, we take him go back to HK for the injection (he only has 1 needle at that time).

Regards,
CWong

別墅

13#
發表於 06-10-10 10:08 |只看該作者

Hi yswong,

Thank you for your useful information!! I am waiting for those mommies in SH to answer my question for a long time. Because it seemed that no one would answer us (I think because of slow speed in SH).

Luckily, you really help me and many read-to-go SH mommies here, thank you so much!

別墅

14#
發表於 06-10-10 10:20 |只看該作者

Hi babyQ,

Yes, it is very useful if you would plan your baby to study int'l school in SH. I knew this book from 1 ready-to-go SH mommy is recommended to buy this book by critic.

I will be moving there this Dec, and how about you?

Regards,
CWong

洋房

15#
發表於 06-10-10 23:04 |只看該作者

Thanks

複式洋房

積分: 469

16#
發表於 06-10-12 14:25 |只看該作者

yswong,

Thx for u info. Actually, the school lists are just for references.I still not decided which school should I send them to....all depends on school fee and location.

If i will plan to live in pudong, I will choose a school which is more conveneint and more nearest to our home.

Dulwich College / Yew Chung Int'l /Concordia Int'l
Those school u mentioned is really good?? Is that also not easy to apply and have long waiting list.

Are u living in Shanghai now?? Any good places /outdoor activities u can recommend for kids in SH?

民房

積分: 8

17#
發表於 06-11-1 23:53 |只看該作者

Hi All Ready-to-go-to-SH moms,

Nice to meet you! I am also a full-time mom of a 1-year old daughter and a 4-year old dog (Golden Retriever).

yswong is my good friend and we live close to each other in Putong. We are happy to welcome all of you in Shanghai.

Balltungmom

別墅

18#
發表於 06-11-3 10:36 |只看該作者

Hi BallTungMom,

Nice to meet you here! My son is nearly 3 yrs old and I live in Puxi. Hope can see you when we move to Shanghai.

Glad to hear that you are yswong's good friend, she is very nice and helpful!

Regards,
CWong

大宅

積分: 1143

19#
發表於 06-11-3 11:04 |只看該作者

hi balltungmom

nice to meet you here too~ I will be moving to SH by end of Dec and hope to meet you and your daughter and dog soon (I also keep two dogs in HK).

btw, have you arranged your daughter to goto any playgroup in SH? My baby is currently 14 months and would like to continue playgroup in SH.

民房

積分: 8

20#
發表於 06-11-3 14:21 |只看該作者

Hi gloria.glory and CWong,

Look forward to meeting you soon in SH.

Gloria.glory,

Will you bring your dogs to SH? In fact, the living environment in SH is more suitable for dogs, more space and the weather is cooler.

My girl attends Gymboree which also has centres in HK. Quite systematic and good but expensive. There are many playgroups available in SH.

首頁

尾頁

跳至