=========
真正的友誼是雙程路,如果你正在走單程路,朋友,那種友誼是假的

大宅

積分: 1948

2#
發表於 06-10-8 19:08 |只看該作者

Re: 為長期病患者「訂造」瑜伽

湛森

some yoga centres launch yoga therapy for curing illness.
i'll see whether it can help your wife. will let u know later.

would it be inconvinenet if the yoga centre is in Central?
better a witty fool than a foolish wit

複式洋房

積分: 291

3#
發表於 06-10-8 19:33 |只看該作者

此帖已被發帖者刪除

=========
此帖已被發帖者刪除
=========

大宅

4#
發表於 06-10-8 19:35 |只看該作者

Remain Active with Rheumatoid Arthritis: Yoga Guide

(ARA) - More and more people are performing the age-old practice of Yoga. Yoga can stretch you, it can relax you and now it may help people with arthritis. According to the American Yoga Association (AYA), Yoga may help people with arthritis deal with pain and stiffness, improve range of motion and increase strength for daily activities.

One of the most common forms of arthritis is rheumatoid arthritis (RA), which affects approximately two million Americans, of which more than 75 percent are women. RA is a chronic, autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system attacks healthy tissue lining the joints, leading to pain, deformity and disability that may be permanent. Now available is a first-of-its kind online Yoga guide specifically for people with RA, developed by the AYA, in collaboration with the Arthritis Foundation and support from RAacademy.com.

For thousands of years people have used Yoga to build flexibility and strength, improve concentration, relieve stress and increase energy. Today the benefits of Yoga may extend to people with RA. According to a pilot study published in the British Journal of Rheumatology, people with RA who participated in a Yoga program over a three-month period experienced greater handgrip strength compared to those who did not practice Yoga.

"eople with RA may benefit from low-impact exercises like Yoga to help improve overall health and fitness without further damaging or hurting the joints," said Dr. Cheryl Lambing, M.D., Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of California Los Angeles. "hysical activity may optimize both physical and mental health and plays a vital role in disease management."

The unique Yoga guide, Remain Active with RA, encompasses traditional Yoga poses including range-of-motion, muscle strengthening, and endurance exercises - the three major forms of exercise typically prescribed for people with RA. Each exercise contains detailed photographs and instructions indicating the proper way to perform each movement, with variation of exercises based on disease severity. It is important for people with RA to speak to their physician before embarking on any new exercise program.

"With my rheumatoid arthritis, I never thought I would be able to do an exercise like Yoga," said Lynn McKenzie-Collins, Ph.D. "I am now reassured that there is a Yoga guide tailored for people with my disease that may help my pain and stiffness."

大宅

5#
發表於 06-10-8 19:43 |只看該作者

how's her mobility now?
can u tell me in details?

大宅

6#
發表於 06-10-8 19:47 |只看該作者

Yoga for Arthitis Patients:

<CLICK>

複式洋房

7#
發表於 06-10-8 19:55 |只看該作者

此帖已被發帖者刪除

=========
此帖已被發帖者刪除
=========

大宅

8#
發表於 06-10-8 20:02 |只看該作者

ok, will ask all experienced ancient yoga instructors, see what i can do.

複式洋房

9#
發表於 06-10-8 20:11 |只看該作者

此帖已被發帖者刪除

=========
此帖已被發帖者刪除
=========

大宅

10#
發表於 06-10-8 20:32 |只看該作者

湛森
香港人everything都一窩蜂. now yoga is popular but it also experienced & qualified instructors. starting from last year, i found that 多左好多妹妹仔上堂, they treat it as gathering & 興趣班....
and lots yoga centres are not a school, only...well, i know business is business, but yoga is kinda philosophy & living style. they focus on anasa only. they change the course to suit their customers (some lower the level, some lower down the temperature..etc). i think they have forgotten what are the Eight Limbs.
so, don't worry, i think some yoga centre will caryy out such courses! money is money. a rose is a rose is a rose...
now there are 水中瑜珈 for 物理治療 in HK la. but do u have confidence to those so-called instructors? they care money more than everything

so i'd rather find a real ancient indian yoga SCHOOL if i got illness, yoga therapy can help. instructors are willing to plan suitable yoga therapy for needs.

複式洋房

11#
發表於 06-10-8 22:12 |只看該作者

此帖已被發帖者刪除

=========
此帖已被發帖者刪除
=========

大宅

12#
發表於 06-10-8 22:17 |只看該作者

同檯食飯,各自修行
善哉善哉

複式洋房

13#
發表於 06-10-8 22:37 |只看該作者

此帖已被發帖者刪除

=========
此帖已被發帖者刪除
=========

大宅

14#
發表於 06-10-8 22:58 |只看該作者

師主有慧根,可莫浪費

大宅

積分: 3199

15#
發表於 06-10-9 11:18 |只看該作者

湛森 寫道:
[quote]
bibi808 寫道:
how's her mobility now?
can u tell me in details?

她去年初曾經短暫時間需要我給她推輪椅,經常痛到要整天臥床,無法活動。踏入今年已有很大改善,今年一月起已不再需要我事事管接管送,除了今年三月寒流襲港那次之外,已經沒再試過痛至整天臥床了,甚至已能應付大部分家務以及工作量較輕的工作,但仍有前述的狀況↓
手指關節己變形不能負重、無法蹲下、高舉雙手時會痛楚,以及不能用手腕支撐等

我練瑜伽才兩三個月,是個新手

最初是因為練太極時深感自己運動底子不好,基本功不夠,人也不夠鬆,所以謀求一些改善功底的輔助運動,與此同時,受一位朋友的影響(是位僧侶),對冥想、靜坐感興趣起來,於是乎開始嘗試練太極之餘兼習瑜伽,希望能相得益彰。雖然練習時還是經常感到很痛,但學習以來,慢慢感到瑜伽的好處,像你一樣,很希望知道更多關於瑜伽這學問的種種:)

你打算參加哪裡的導師訓練班?能不能介紹一下:)[/quote]

湛森 / BIBI
香港有好幾間瑜伽中心都有 YOGA THERAPY LESSON, 但都是一大班人上的, 適合類似日常坐 office 的 ol多d, 少少腰骨痛, 全身肌肉過緊, 如像太太的情況, 我個人應為需要像 physical therapy one to one 那樣做 yoga therapy, yoga centre 都有 private class, 可和導師商量制定出適合的課程

大宅

16#
發表於 06-10-9 11:25 |只看該作者

湛森 寫道:

在我學瑜伽的其中一個場所也看到這現象,成班妹妹仔,零零舍舍得我一個麻甩肥佬,真係有d尷尬,所以我每次都縮在角落頭 =^_^=

不過我發覺,間鐘有時呢d妹妹仔d筋仲緊過我呢個老頭

湛森
通常課室中央第3行是最佳位置, 可直接見到老師, 老師又見到你

大宅

17#
發表於 06-10-9 11:59 |只看該作者

湛森

hope u don't mind i talk abt ur wife's case to Jandt, she's practising yoga in Planet Yoga & i believe those instructors there may help ur wife.
they do provide one to one session but of course it needs money support.
Myoga got Yoga Therapy too but i suggest u go with ur wife to Planet for one trial lesson. No matter ur wife decide to join or not at last. u can know what simple yoga ur wife can do at home. Jaandt siad instructosr there act like doctor, your wife shld meet them directly.iit can help.

複式洋房

18#
發表於 06-10-9 12:28 |只看該作者

此帖已被發帖者刪除

=========
此帖已被發帖者刪除
=========

大宅

19#
發表於 06-10-9 12:58 |只看該作者

bibi808 寫道:
湛森

hope u don't mind i talk abt ur wife's case to Jandt, she's practising yoga in Planet Yoga & i believe those instructors there may help ur wife.
they do provide one to one session but of course it needs money support.
Myoga got Yoga Therapy too but i suggest u go with ur wife to Planet for one trial lesson. No matter ur wife decide to join or not at last. u can know what simple yoga ur wife can do at home. Jaandt siad instructosr there act like doctor, your wife shld meet them directly.iit can help.

i recommend the teacher called "Ashutosh" for yoga therapy, he is very nice, he will care about your problem and give you advice, but don't expect too much, he is not a doctor :-P :-P

大宅

20#
發表於 06-10-9 16:20 |只看該作者

Jandt

formal doc can't help 湛森's wife.
we all believe yoga may help a bit slowly, but better than western doc anyway.

where there's will, there's ( ________ ).
湛森 never give up.

Jandt, don't u think Master can provise more info?

首頁

尾頁

跳至