跳至

首頁

尾頁

複式洋房

積分: 232

發表於 06-10-17 09:16 |顯示全部帖子

請問各位媽咪晌加拿大第一份工係做咩呢??

今日係我第一日返工, 幫香港人做野(坐office), 都okay啦, 人工就比以前晌香港果時少好多....唔知各位媽咪晌加拿大第一份工係做咩呢? 一齊分享下!! :lol:

大宅

積分: 2823

發表於 06-10-17 20:26 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 請問各位媽咪晌加拿大第一份工係做咩呢??

em, my official job (not counting the part-times while I was studying) was Marketing assistant in a Chinese company. After 9 months, I switched to a Canadian company; the paid is almost double of the Chinese one!

Once you gained some "Canadian experience", you can switch to other company easiler.

Lo Lek!

複式洋房

發表於 06-10-18 09:20 |顯示全部帖子

其實我都覺當我有加拿大經驗就應該轉工, 因為呢度打稅實在太重, 跟本就無可能儲到錢(而且我人工初初得好少)...!! 正所謂奶粉錢都唔夠呀.....

大宅

發表於 06-10-18 10:51 |顯示全部帖子

what kind of job you had in HK? Is it difficult to find a job in the same field here? You can try getting help from agent once you have Canadian experience.

Try to work for the governments (provincial or federal) are good too.

男爵府

積分: 7158

發表於 06-10-19 02:12 |顯示全部帖子

i'm kind of lucky, got my first job in the same field as back in HK $13/hr. not bad...

but really can't compare those salary pay in HK.. after deducting tax, got only 1/3 of that of HK...

however, the living standard here is low - so we could still survive...

複式洋房

發表於 06-10-22 09:37 |顯示全部帖子

I work in garment merchandiser field in HK....I had try to search with the agent...but until now nothing feedback from them. And this job I also search from other agency but in chinese, but the payment I think is too low to me (only $8/hr cash..!!!) what my last job in HK is almost 20,000/month...(see the big different!!) I do know what to do but I still have to continure on this job before I found another good salary ones. poor me!!!! :-(

大宅

發表於 06-10-23 21:22 |顯示全部帖子

babyanson,

You really can't compare the salary here with Hk's. Unless you are making over $40000 / year, you can't make $HK20000/month because of the heavy tax rate.

What do you mean $8/hr cash? Is the employer going to file the tax for you?

男爵府

發表於 06-10-24 00:08 |顯示全部帖子

babyanson

i was just like you - working in the accounting field in Hk for $22K/month. when first came here - $13/hr i.e. roughly CA$2100/month. after deduction around 30% tax, net income is only CA$1400 (i.e. around HK$9800)

after few years, now got around CA$3000/month, but still after tax got only $2100 (i.e. HK$14,700) I am using 1:7 for the exchange, if I am using 1:5 (like when I first came) I've got only 1/3 of my HK salary le.. :-(

so no way to compare.. if you decide to move to here for good, don't even look back to the life you have in HK.

洋房

積分: 41

發表於 06-10-26 15:15 |顯示全部帖子

doggie,
I am also working in accounting field in HK now, and I will immigrate to Mississauga Toronto next year. I want to know if I possess Accounting Degree but not to be a certified accountant, can me easier to get an employment with Canadian companies in accounting field. Is that it not easy to find a job other than Chinese’s company?

doggie 寫道:
babyanson

i was just like you - working in the accounting field in Hk for $22K/month. when first came here - $13/hr i.e. roughly CA$2100/month. after deduction around 30% tax, net income is only CA$1400 (i.e. around HK$9800)

after few years, now got around CA$3000/month, but still after tax got only $2100 (i.e. HK$14,700) I am using 1:7 for the exchange, if I am using 1:5 (like when I first came) I've got only 1/3 of my HK salary le.. :-(

so no way to compare.. if you decide to move to here for good, don't even look back to the life you have in HK.

男爵府

發表於 06-10-26 22:01 |顯示全部帖子

Melcheng

I don't have professional qualification. All I did is search thru' the agent (in HK before i came) and submit my resume thru' them telling them I'll be mirgrating to Toronto.
They start searching the job for me and do some interview...

mind my asking where you got your degree? HK agent have better knowledge for the HK qualification standard and they will know how to "market" your telent to the overseas employer..

that's how I got my first job which is not a chinese boss. I could say I am lucky

男爵府

發表於 06-10-27 01:59 |顯示全部帖子

melcheng

just talk to my friend - she said you would try to do the conversion with the CGA (canada gerernal accountant - something like that) to see how many paper (which your degree) could be exempted and what level you are equalivant to... it will help you to get a job here in Toronto.

洋房

積分: 235

發表於 06-10-27 23:09 |顯示全部帖子

hi

男爵府

發表於 06-10-27 23:28 |顯示全部帖子

hi meson - welcome aboard

洋房

發表於 06-10-31 09:39 |顯示全部帖子

Hi doggie,

I got my Accounting degree from RMIT Australia, which studied at HK. I had completed my Diploma in Accounting at SPACE (HK University), and got the exemption with CGA Canada up to level three for 5 years ago, but I forgave to study, as lack of support in HK.
I will go to CGA HK office to verify that can I apply to be their member again, and let see how many subjects I need to re-take. Thanks your information.

洋房

發表於 06-10-31 16:50 |顯示全部帖子

hi doggie,

Would you please advise some on-line job web site in Mississauga / Tonoto?
Thank you very much!

男爵府

發表於 06-11-1 01:00 |顯示全部帖子

melcheng

http://thestar.workopolis.com/index.html

above is the website for toronto star (like SCMP in HK) they have the classified section for the job.

when I was in HK, i just go to the jobdb & jobasia to look for the opportunity in Toronto.

for the agent, i went to the manpower (as they have office in Toronto) and michael page...

洋房

發表於 06-11-1 09:30 |顯示全部帖子

doggie,

Thank you very much!
Regarding to the agent, you suggested that I go to the agent company in HK such as Manpower or Michael Page and tell them I am looking for a job in Toronto, isn't it?

男爵府

發表於 06-11-2 00:29 |顯示全部帖子

melcheng

it is up to you how you want to do that, I just shared my experience to you as what I did back in 2002.

i registered with them and told them I am looking for job in toronto, they asked me why? i told them I will be mirgrating to there. They asked approx when? then I told them the time frame lor.

首頁

尾頁

跳至