首頁

尾頁

別墅

積分: 768

1#
發表於 06-10-19 17:19 |只看該作者

Migrate to Brisbane

Hi Everybody

I am in Brisbane now and if possible, I can answer whatever you want to know if I know the answer.

For those who need to take driving license written can study the booklet in below link

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/LTASinfo.nsf/index/learningtodrive_yourkeys

Tax File number better apply on internet
www.ato.gov.au/individuals

You beter to keep HK visa card to prove of your name and signature for some government application.

民房

積分: 82

2#
發表於 06-10-19 18:30 |只看該作者

Re: Migrate to Brisbane

Hi ngtft,

First, thank you for sharing the information for ppl who are going to migrate to Brisbane (including my husband & myself).
All of the information which you have provided here are really relevant for us. We are grateful to have you share us your experience in Brisbane.

Looking forward to have your family reunion soon!
期待你們一家人快團聚!

大宅

積分: 1894

3#
發表於 06-10-19 23:19 |只看該作者

Hi, ngtft,
I think you have settled quickly, how about your job? did you have interview?

Have you try the skpe 2 in 1 phone introduced by samuellor??

Hope everything going smooth for your family.

別墅

4#
發表於 06-10-20 12:29 |只看該作者

hi vv123

I am still looking for job and got serveral interviews at CBD. I didn't try skpe cause it need to be on line or at least the other parties call from internet. I use calling card more often where it just cost 0.5c per min + 1 local call charge (20c) and quite convenient.

Thanks for message and wish you also running smooth for the move.

I am now search for house too ...

大宅

5#
發表於 06-10-20 14:15 |只看該作者

ngtft,
咁你用邊隻calling card抵,係唔係hellocard?

希望你快d搵到屋

大宅

積分: 2173

6#
發表於 06-10-20 15:24 |只看該作者

ngtft,

預祝你**萬事如意 一帆風順**

[size=x-large]ALL THE BEST!!

別墅

7#
發表於 06-10-20 15:51 |只看該作者

I use Joy calling card and use Hello for dialup internet. Use Optus prepaid mobile card too.

vv123 寫道:
ngtft,
咁你用邊隻calling card抵,係唔係hellocard?

希望你快d搵到屋

琥珀宮

積分: 152003

秋日勳章 炎夏勳章 遊學勳章 春季勳章 趣教勳章 冬日勳章 畀面勳章 環保接龍勳章 大廚勳章 親子達人勳章 wyeth冷知識勳章 叻叻勳章 有「營」勳章

8#
發表於 06-10-20 21:30 |只看該作者

ngtft ,
搵到屋未呀?
天氣好嗎?開始熱了是嗎?
My Two Princess

別墅

9#
發表於 06-10-21 23:03 |只看該作者

hi pigpig

not yet found a house, cause now rent goes up a lot. Target need to pay around A$300~A$350pw, but may find house a bit further from school as same price can get bigger house with garden for kids.

Still not that hot, morning and evening feeling cool. Weather is so good now. Clear blue sky everyday.

pigpig 寫道:
ngtft ,
搵到屋未呀?
天氣好嗎?開始熱了是嗎?

琥珀宮

積分: 152003

秋日勳章 炎夏勳章 遊學勳章 春季勳章 趣教勳章 冬日勳章 畀面勳章 環保接龍勳章 大廚勳章 親子達人勳章 wyeth冷知識勳章 叻叻勳章 有「營」勳章

10#
發表於 06-10-21 23:59 |只看該作者

ngtft,
聽到你話Clear blue sky everyday<----我個心即刻飛左過黎啦!
搵屋既野真係唔急得,唔知點解有D屋真係好平,唔知內裡會如何?所以你選擇around A$300~A$350pw屬合理的價錢,同我心目中的價錢大致上一樣
我老公真係好懶ga....佢話最好個花園細D唔使佢剪草 懶精呀!
My Two Princess

複式洋房

積分: 252

11#
發表於 06-10-23 01:37 |只看該作者

Hi ngtft,

Nice to hear from you in Brisbane.
I've just visited Australia for landing purpose for 2 wks & came back to HK 2 wks ago.
I've stayed in Brisbane for 5 days & visited some of the shopping centres in Sunny Bank. It gives me a feeling that choices for Chinese/HK food are relatively less than that in Syd & Mel. Brisbane also seems very "quiet" c.f. Syd&Mel.
It makes me start thinking of moving to Mel instead though the job opportunity for me in Bri seems better.

Actually, I found that the price of goods in Aust is very high. Food are expensive. I would like to know where you buy groceries and how much you spend on that. I'm still very worried about supporting the livings in Australia as the after tax salary (actually before tax is also low c.f. H.K.) is low. What car have you bought & how much? Cars seems not much cheaper than that in HK.

禁止訪問

積分: 2192

12#
發表於 06-10-23 21:05 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

男爵府

積分: 9527

13#
發表於 06-10-24 15:22 |只看該作者

Hi YuiBa,

Our weekly grocery spending is around A$130. This is just for me and my husband and doesn't include formula and nappies etc for my son. This also does not include meat. Since we have a deep freezer, we bulk buy meat every month or so as it is cheaper this way.

Even though we live on the western side, we like to go to 頂好 in Sunnybank every other week for Chinese veggies and other stuff. Especially the Chinese veggies, they are fresher and cheaper than Coles and Woolies.

For petrol, it costs us about A$40 a week. My husband takes the bus to work as it's very expensive to park in the city.

Rent is $315 a week. Our landlord is very nice, we have just renewed our lease for two years but he didn't increase our rent even though it has skyrocketed lately.

Electricity is about $320 every quarter.

Water is paid by the landlord.

Private health insurance is about $130 every fortnight.

Cheers,

別墅

14#
發表於 06-10-24 16:50 |只看該作者

Hi YuiBa

If you convert anything too HKD, yes Oz items more expensive than HK. If you live here you won't go out for meal that often and you can save money to keep watching any discount held in supermarket or shop. Heard from other experience, if you are a smart buyer you can save 30% of your living expense here. About Mel/Syd, I think their living expense even higher.

I think what Devlin媽媽 mention about living cost is very common and we bought meat from the chinese wholesale shop near Sunnybank is relative cheaper and store in freezer.

You need to prepare to eat forzen food in Oz.

I bought a Camry 2.4L and cost around A$31000.

And I got my driving license and Tax File Number today.. (day 12 after I arrived)

So still have two outstanding:
1) Job hunting
2) House hunting for rent.

大宅

15#
發表於 06-10-24 17:06 |只看該作者

ngtft,
Is that a new car price or second hand price for your Camry?? also, did they need to see your income proof? what document will be needed to buy a car?
Did you take both road test and writing test for the driving license or just writing test? Did they make a hole on your HK driving license??
Sorry for so many questions.
Hope you find a good job very soon.

大宅

積分: 2173

16#
發表於 06-10-24 17:12 |只看該作者

ngtft,

Camry 2.4L and cost around A$31000是否全新?已包了稅嗎?請問你是分期供定全部比?無工作可以分期供嗎?利息高嗎?

複式洋房

17#
發表於 06-10-24 19:06 |只看該作者

Thanks a lot Devlin媽媽.

Taking in all costs, it seems very tight for a single income family of ~$60K/annual to survive.

複式洋房

18#
發表於 06-10-24 19:13 |只看該作者

ngtft,

Yes, I've turned my mind after a few day in Aust for not to converting the money to HK$ and make comparison. Otherwise you dun want to buy anything as it's relatively expensive.

I think find the cheap places to buy is important, as in HK too.

I watched some TV adv that a new toyota ascent is costing ~$20,000. I rent a Hoden from Avis, it's no good. Dun buy that Aust car. Camry is good.

Best wishes in finding jobs.

民房

積分: 82

19#
發表於 06-10-25 00:30 |只看該作者

ngtft,

Your Camry must be real cool, my husband also said so, mate!

(As vv123 asked about the driving license, I also want to know)

Did you show your international driving license and hk license to QLD transport?
How did you get the driving license? (the process)
And I also want to prove whether they really make a hole on your hk license?

with many thanks!

男爵府

積分: 9527

20#
發表於 06-10-25 13:32 |只看該作者

Hi ngtft,

Welcome to Brisbane. It's indeed clear blue sky in Brisbane most of the time. I think this is now the most beautiful time of the year .... Jacaranda trees (the ones with lavendar color flowers) are blooming, follow by the Poinsiana trees (orangy-red flowers) and the last to bloom will be the Frangipanis around December (mostly white in color, some in pink). These are somethings we don't see in HK.

May I have the name of the Chinese wholesale place you mentioned? I'm interested to go and have a look. I always go to 鏞記 in Market Square for pork as I find the pork from the 鬼佬 butchers has a very strong smell.

Thank you and good luck with your job and house hunting.

首頁

尾頁

跳至