跳至

首頁

尾頁

別墅

積分: 601

21#
發表於 07-2-18 09:26 |只看該作者

Re: 在香港出生, 然後返溫哥華住,可唔可以申請牛奶金?

NO. As long as one of the parent can proof his/her Canadian citizenship, then the child will automatically become Canadian citizen. Canada allows dual citizenship.

Hmm...actually there is something about Canada Law which I think a lot of people just don't know.

Say you are a Canadian Citizen, and your child are born in HK. They will automatically get their citizenship, no problem. BUT, for your grandchild if born outside of Canada, i.e. the child of your HK born child, they can only get their Canadian Citizen if they come back to live for at least 1 year of time before they turn 28 years old.

Here is a link for the law:
Canadian Citizenship Retention

Well, maybe I am thinking tooo far ahead.

YukiMommy

別墅

積分: 834

22#
發表於 07-2-18 10:12 |只看該作者

wow ! You really plan wayyyyyyyyyyy far ahead !! hehehehe

大宅

積分: 4439

23#
發表於 07-2-18 19:43 |只看該作者

That's correct.

Actually, the best strategy, unfortunately, is that you and your spouse is a combination of Hong Kong citizen and Canadian Citizen/PR, and give birth to a baby in Canada.

This case, your child is Canada citizen by birth (it is unfair, but it is true, that citizen by birth is so-called 'first class') and be exempted from the retention requirement. Be ware that the actual laws states that either parents of canadian-born kid should be PR or Canadian Citizen, or they are not entitled to obtain the citizen (though the laws is not enforced)

And then, the baby comes back Hong Kong for applying Hong Kong citizenship by the Hong Kong citizen parent. And that parent is a visitor status in Canada and a resident status in Hong KOng at the time the baby is born. Otherwise, the baby will not be granted PR/citizenship of HK.
津小生及非牟利幼稚園園生的窮媽媽! ;)

大宅

積分: 1136

24#
發表於 07-2-19 07:49 |只看該作者

does dual citizenship really make your child a better person? Or create more problem as more taxes to pay as HK and Canada has tax agreement?
I prefer my children grow up to be a good person regardless what passport she/he hold. Save the money now and use it for future will be a better choice for me.

大宅

25#
發表於 07-2-19 08:52 |只看該作者

hi xother,

dual citizenship doesn't make a child a better person. but it does create better opportunities for them.

having the citizenship, the one can get the job freely in both (or more) places and live freely in both places. e.g. in US, if you need to work there without green card, it means that the company has to sponsor you. for the same opportunity and same quality of people, a company does prefer a person without sponsorship.

frankly speaking, citizenship does have different values in different person's eyes. People queue up for US green card for 10+years. PRC people does value the foreign citizenship high value so they judge a potential husband in such a way. This seems to be radiculous to many Hong Kong people. But it is a reality.

In future, we all see PRC a glooming place. With the residency in Hong Kong, kids can stay in PRC for longer period (say 6 months) and multiple in and out. With holding only canadian passport, each in out costs about a few hundreds and each stay is (I assume) a few weeks. Hong Kong PR status seems to be a basic requirement to compete in this battlefield.

I am not persuading this is better. Every one has a choice. I would like to illustrate our point of view only
津小生及非牟利幼稚園園生的窮媽媽! ;)

大宅

26#
發表於 07-2-19 12:58 |只看該作者

nicolemummy,
I agree with you dual citizenship will create better opportunity but as I said, it also comes with a cost, dual taxes.
If it doesnt come with cost, I will say why not. eg, my daughter born in HK but came to Canada with me. My 2nd child will born here but I dont really care if he can have dual citizenship. I will try to get it when I am in HK, but not purposely run back to give birth in order to get the citizenship.
As other mom spent over HKD50000 just to get a passport and many other moms try to just to give birth eventhought they have no residency, it doesnt make sense to me. I understand if the Mainland Chinese came to HK as it really make a difference, but no between HK and Canada.
How many people really work in a place without any experience and qualification? How many people are having dual citizenship but still chose to live in HK? How many people spend all their saving try to find a living but at the end running back to HK? There is too many stories about dual citizenship and no one knows what will happen to our child after 15yrs?

FYI, China visa is the most easiest visa and it only cost you few hundreds dollars to have a mulitple entry which has no different from having a HK Home return permit, plus if you will have foreign protection if you entre as a foreign passport.

One more thing I want to mention, if the kids brought up here and I assume he/she is weak in Chinese, how often will that person going back to China?

別墅

27#
發表於 07-2-20 03:24 |只看該作者

xother,

xother 寫道:
nicolemummy,
I agree with you dual citizenship will create better opportunity but as I said, it also comes with a cost, dual taxes.

can you please tell me where the "dual taxes" come from? I understand if you work in HK, you have to pay HK tax AND the percentage difference to Canada, unless you claim non-residency in Canada. But say if you work in Canada, you don't have to pay HK tax, right? Am I missing something here?

xother 寫道:
FYI, China visa is the most easiest visa and it only cost you few hundreds dollars to have a mulitple entry which has no different from having a HK Home return permit, plus if you will have foreign protection if you entre as a foreign passport.

Hmm...interesting. For my husband's company, if they need to have business meetings in mainland China, they need to provide all sorts of proofs and the invitations from the China companies in order to issue you a business visa. Therefore, the company prefers to send my husband to China for meeting as he has all the Hong Kong documents etc.
When you said it is one of the easiest, do you mean that Canadians should get tourists visa, but still can conduct business in China?

YukiMommy

大宅

28#
發表於 07-2-20 03:45 |只看該作者

YukiMommy,
I am not sure if HK has global tax system, but Canada does. Besides, HK tax rate is maximum 17%, so I guess Canada has covered it all.

Regarding on China visa, many of my clients only apply tourist visa as they mainly stay for few days/weeks. Yes, business visa is very difficult as it requires invitation and proof from the company, but if you really go there for 6mnths or longer, then it is not hard to get all those things done. Many people confused of business / visitor visa but if you are stay for short period, no one really bother to apply business visa.

Besides, it is normal for any company to send a person who can understand local language. Even though your husband doesnt has any China visa, I believe they will still send him to China as the cost for having a visa will not be a big issue compare with the extra cost on interpretation and cultural different. eg, western people will only want to eat in hotel's resturant while a Chinese can anywhere with less cost. Or even same restaurant, the bill will be very different if they are foreigner, right?

大宅

29#
發表於 07-2-20 07:49 |只看該作者

That's an interesting topic. I think the core is :

What is 50,000 meant to every one?

BTW, if one chooses to give birth in Government Hospital, it costs only the flight ticket, to be fair.

Then the question will be: what a pair of flight tickets (i assume hubby and wife will go together and infant ticket is negligible) meant to every one?

That really depends on people, no absolute answer.

To me, I will choose what I can provide to them now. To xother, she will choose what she can reserve for him/her for future.

So, that makes the difference.

津小生及非牟利幼稚園園生的窮媽媽! ;)

大宅

30#
發表於 07-2-20 07:55 |只看該作者

Hong Kong doesn't have global taxation.

US does have -> first US$60,000 is exempted.

Canada previously didn't have. From 200X, it does have. But one can claim non-residency to exempt from the taxation.

PRC-> not sure, people worked over 180 days annual in PRC needs to pay PRC tax.

Macau -> doesn't have. Simply deduct tax from payroll. So, if you don't work in macau, they will not ask anything.

I do know what's a value of residency to create opportunity. Many canadian young friends ask me for jobs in macau but they don't have macau id, so they cannot even apply for the positions. So, that's why I choose to give them residency. If they don't want in future, they can choose to abandon them in future. While, if I don't give them the residency now, they need to spend a few years to earn a residency, provided that they have got some sponsorship from hiring company. To me, I think a few thousand US dollar to earn a few years time is a good deal.

津小生及非牟利幼稚園園生的窮媽媽! ;)

別墅

31#
發表於 07-2-20 09:42 |只看該作者

nicolemummy,

nicolemummy 寫道:
Actually, the best strategy, unfortunately, is that you and your spouse is a combination of Hong Kong citizen and Canadian Citizen/PR, and give birth to a baby in Canada.

This case, your child is Canada citizen by birth .....
And then, the baby comes back Hong Kong for applying Hong Kong citizenship by the Hong Kong citizen parent. And that parent is a visitor status in Canada and a resident status in Hong KOng at the time the baby is born. Otherwise, the baby will not be granted PR/citizenship of HK.

May I ask you if say in my children's birth certificates, if my husband claims his nationality as Hong Kong while mine is Canadian, does this means that my kids will then be able to get HK residency and HK id? If so, do you know of anyone who actually succeed in doing so, even though both parents are actually HK born Canadian citizens and have lived in Canada for a long while?

Thanks for your help.

YukiMommy

大宅

32#
發表於 07-2-20 11:23 |只看該作者

The point is, whether you can proof,

'And that parent is a visitor status in Canada and a resident status in Hong Kong at the time the baby is born. Otherwise, the baby will not be granted PR/citizenship of HK.'

It should be the income statement, rental statement from HK, and the canadian entry visitor stamp on HKSAR passport to visit Canada at the time of baby birth. But normally, the parent will enter canada by their own canadian passport, so no body can successfully apply it.
津小生及非牟利幼稚園園生的窮媽媽! ;)

別墅

33#
發表於 07-2-20 12:19 |只看該作者

Thanks Nicolemummy.

YukiMommy

別墅

積分: 834

34#
發表於 07-2-21 10:15 |只看該作者

I think this is a really good topic. It's really a hard decision of giving birth in HK or in Canada. Of course everyone has to think of what they need first. For me the HK passport is just an add on to your child, there are really alot of concerns that we have to think. First of all, is there any other reasons other than HK passport that you want to give birth in HK? For me, don't mind to tell all moms. I got sexually assulted many years ago that made me can't put anything other than penis into my virgina. I can't even do any prenatal check ups when I was pregnant. That's why I need to "cut open" to give birth. In this case, I have to go back to HK private hospitals to give birth (general hospitals in Canada and HK have to do natural labour, so I have to go to a private hospital in HK). Second thing is the $$. Since I was working in HK when I was pregnant and my company's medical plan covers basically everything including hospitalization so that will save me a fortune. So for $$ reason, you'll have to think and see if your family can affort to pay all that amount as you can give birth in Canada almost $0 cost if you were a Canadian citizen. Third is the time you need to spend in HK. If your husbund works in Canada while you go back to HK to give birth, will he be there for you cuz that's the time you'll need him beside you the most. You'll have to go back before your tummy hit 28 weeks (airlines won't allow you on board if your bb is too big), then after giving birth you'll have to stay in HK to recover and mean while you'll have to help your BB apply for the Canadian citizenship and passport and also you don't want your BB to be on the plane when he/she is too small cuz it's not very hygenic on the plane. You know infants will get infected very easily, if someone on the plane is sick and spread out, your BB will get sick easily too.

男爵府

積分: 5433

35#
發表於 07-2-21 10:49 |只看該作者

Dear b9lingling,

It's sad to hear what has happened to you but you're a brave girl can get rid of the darkness. Change a place can definitely help your wound to heal and deminish this piece of memory.

Chelsea

男爵府

積分: 5433

36#
發表於 07-2-21 10:51 |只看該作者

Would like to ask,

I have a friend who is 13 weeks pregnancy and to determine to give birth in Canada as she thinks her child can get citizenship in Canada if her child born in Canada but both of the parent is not Canadidan. Is that possible to do so?

Chelsea

複式洋房

積分: 158

37#
發表於 07-2-21 11:41 |只看該作者

I think child born in Canada by Canadian citizen/PR (who are also HK PR) will have the right of abode in HK. Just that it take some more procedure for them to get the HK PR. But it is possible, if they really wanna to have it in future.

If interested, please check the following link for details:
http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/topical_3_4.htm

子爵府

積分: 11459

38#
發表於 07-2-23 13:13 |只看該作者

咁請問有無媽媽, 小朋友在加拿大出生, 然後小朋友成功取得香港公民資格(定只是甚麼居港權)? 但又不是真的搬回香港, 而是郵遞或者返香港一次辦手續.
如果有, 需要逗留hk多久才辦妥手續?

謝!
(曾經失去, 更感恩現有的快樂)Timothy 係天父照顧沒有哭聲的細哥哥

首頁

尾頁

跳至