首頁

尾頁

複式洋房

積分: 225

21#
發表於 07-4-29 08:21 |只看該作者

Re: Sydney BK Mums, 入嚟傾吓計吖....

Hi ngmammy,

How are you ? I'm still busy unpacking all the stuff... big job... & Jayden still recovering at this stage.... but getting a lot better now.

Since we move back to our place, Jayden started at his own room.... ( with soft music on & soft light on..)... :-P He's very good boy... can't heard any :-( :-( from the monitor.. only baby talk ... , and very funny... he's try to wake me up... (pushing & kicking his toys to make noise.... )

Jayden will going to a friend 2 b'day party next weekend.. We brought a disney princess wooden armchair for her... cos she told me the other day, she's princess bella... :-P :-P very cute... I love little girl....

The weather is getting a bit chill... I have turn the air-con/heater at home.. to keep the unit warm.... (around 22c-23c) for Jayden....

I'm planning to get the heater light in our two bathrooms, what do u think ? any idea ? I think is better to bath Jayden... cos I'm worry next month if Jaydendaddy and I going to gold coast and my in-law will bath him again!!!!!

複式洋房

22#
發表於 07-4-29 08:53 |只看該作者

Hi Tina

How are you ? Nice to meet you ~~~

I have sinus and allergic to dust mites as well... Jayden (my lilttle boy 7 month old... ) and Jaydendaddy has Eczema.... That's why we have change the unit to floating floor~~ stop the dust mites...

Floating floors are designed to be installed onto a concrete subfloor, or any other flat, firm and level surface without the need to use battens, nails or glue. They "float" because they are not attached to the subfloor in any way, and therefore can be installed very quickly. The mass of the floor keeps it in place.

Floating floors made from wood can consequently expand and contract with the changing seasons without cracking, splitting or forming gaps. A floating floor is usually installed on a special underlay, which acts as a moisture barrier and sound absorber.

Floating floors are supplied prefinished (the lacquer has been applied at the factory)

Please check this out - dust mite protective bedding

http://www.allergend.com.au/

Please check this out - Dyson vaccums - Approved for allergy sufferers

http://www.dyson.com.au/

Because a Dyson doesn't lose suction, it retains tiny particles as small as pollen, pet allergens and even dust mite faeces. It's so efficient - Dyson vacuums are approved by the British Allergy Foundation.
Less dusting and no dusty smells

With a Dyson, the dust is retained inside the cleaner so it expels clean, odorless air. In fact, the air expelled from a Dyson has up to 150 times less bacteria and mould than the air you breathe.

Mattress tool – removes dirt and dust mites from mattress and upholstery

A lot of my friends with kids are using this vacuums as well... very good ga.... good for carpet and floating floor clean too....

Cheers,

Michelle

大宅

積分: 2677

23#
發表於 07-4-30 11:19 |只看該作者

Hi Tina,

Hope you are well now. Do take a lot of rest and water.

It is a hectic jobs to swab seasons cloths for the whole family every time. You may want to remain few summer clothes at the closet still as the weather is unpredicted these days. I've got to remind myself to stop overbuy clothes for my daughter. She is the smallest one in the whole family and have no one to pass it to. Nevertheless, I would donate to the nearest church....even so...still no good.

My daughter also got some nose allergy this week, i guess it is the weather changes perhaps?

How was the first Chinese lesson for the children? Do they attend mandarin or cantonese school? My son has been attending mandarin class in Hong Kong for sometimes and would like to continue it . However, I am still deciding between having tutor on one-to-two at home or entering to a mandarin school. I am glad that you could share your experience.

最近開始除了喜歡睇"Grey Anatomy"外,也有看"溏心風瀑",幾好笑的。你有睇嗎?

Take care

民房

積分: 38

24#
發表於 07-4-30 11:20 |只看該作者

Hi Michelle

How are you? Nice to meet you too!

Thanks so much for the information on dust control. I'm quite sure my son is allergic to dust mites. We tried some natural nasal spray on him. It made him feel a bit better but didn't stop the allergy.

As we are leasing the apartment I don't think we can change the carpet to floating floor. The only thing we can do is to clean the carpet better and more frequently.

The vacuum you recommended will be a good solution. How much is it please? Also, can you tell me the cost of floating floor for future reference, please.

Thanks for much for your sharing!

Cheers,
Tina

大宅

25#
發表於 07-4-30 11:44 |只看該作者

Hi Michelle,

As the weather is getting cold, the bathroom needs to have a heater while Jayden is taking a bath. I used heater light in Hong Kong but now i am using heater fan. If cost is not an issue then of course heater light is better. But I also find that the heater fan using right now(Kenwood) is very good cause it heats up very fast and the temp is just right for the kids . I like it very much that I end up bought second one for my bathroom and got rid of the existing one which was also new at that time. :-x With the heater, you don't need to worry then when you are not here to take bath w/ Jayden

Oh yah, you are going to gold coast for Jaydendaddy's birthday , right? It is nice to be able to spend time together without the baby once in a while. Ngdaddy also suggested to go to gold coast on our 10th wedding anniversary next month but unfortunately, we do not have anyone around to look after our kids for a few days with a peace of mind to.:cry: So you are very lucky to have both mother and mother-in-law around ar!

民房

26#
發表於 07-4-30 11:52 |只看該作者

Hi ngnammy

How are you?

You must have been reading my mind as I was about to send you a message but yours came first.

I'm feeling much better now after taking the antibiotics. I hope I did't have to take the medicines but my throat was too sore :-(

Yes, the weather these days is quite unstable. It's hard to decide what to wear especially for the kids

I'd love to share with you the Chinese lesson my kids had yesterday ....

It's a Chinese School sponsored by a church. The name of the school is "Ambassadors Multicultural Chinese School". They have four centers in Asquith, Chatswood, Cherrybrook and Epping. My kids joined the one in Chatswood.

They have both Mandarin and Cantonese classes for different levels of students. We joined the Mandarin one (I chose to put my daughter in Lower Kindy and my son in Higher Kindy classes).

My son had learnt Kumon Chinese for about a year in HK but he has already forgotten some pinyin. The lesson yesterday was quite easy. The vocabulary he learned included : father, mother, brother, sister, brother, family, friends. He also needed to write the words. My daughter has never learnt Putonghua before. The words she learned yesterday were: hand, foot and earth.

Both of them learned to read a piece of poem/song in class. They also have to do homework in writing. My son will have a dictation on the vocabulary he learned next week. This morning, my kids were so excited about the homework that they finished it before breakfast!

It seemed to me that the courses are well structured and the two teachers I came across were Putonghua native speakers and they seemed to be very experienced. The school has a good reputation as there so many students in the school.

We chose Mandarin because I think we can teach them Cantonese at home. We don't expect them to pick it up very quickly but it's good to let them learn a new language when they are young.

The cost is $70 per term and the second term has just started yesterday. You can call them if you are interested. The tel no of the Chatswood centre is 9890 3448 (Mr Yeung, the Deputy Principal).

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
Tina

民房

27#
發表於 07-4-30 11:58 |只看該作者

Hi ngnammy

I must be too "out" to have heard of "Grey Anatomy"and "溏心風瀑". Can you tell me something about that?

It's 2:00pm already and I have to prepare for the dinner. I mean washing and cutting the ingredient. As the kids have a swimming lesson at 5:30 today, I won't have much time for cooking after that.

Hope I have more time for myself

Talk to you later.

Tina

大宅

28#
發表於 07-4-30 12:08 |只看該作者

Tina,

I felt that your children are loving it by just reading your message The fee is very good as well.! I think the shortfall for me is they are too far from here. .....Thanks for the info. I shall call up anyway to get more information and perhaps play a visit. Never know, may be useful later

民房

29#
發表於 07-4-30 12:33 |只看該作者

Hi ngmammy

You're still online? When are you going to pick up your kids?

I have just done the pre-cooking preparation and ready to pick up the kids now.

The "peak hours" are coming up, ha!

Cheers,
Tina

大宅

30#
發表於 07-4-30 12:51 |只看該作者

Hi Tina,

My kids school is only two streets away from home so I start going 10 mins before the bell goes at 3:00pm.

I've got to go too. Yap, "ah 4" 's work begins!

複式洋房

31#
發表於 07-5-3 08:56 |只看該作者

Hi ngmammy,

How are you ? I have ask the ppls to come and have a look look to see can I put a heater light to my bathroom today... Hope it's ok la...

I think heater light is better.. cos I'm worry that.. Jayden will touch the heater (later) ...

Yes... gold coast in mid May hahahaa... can't wait to go ~~~~ cos Jaydendaddy & I need a short break... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: But I'm worry about my in-law looking after Jayden....

Thanks for my mummy ( I love my mummy) hehehee..... cos sometime if Jaydendaddy & I want to going out at night.. she will come and stay over and looking after Jayden for me....

Need to get my mummy a big mother's day gift.... hehehee....

This is the first mother's day I'm with Jayden bb... Jayden is the best mother's day gift for me...

:-P

複式洋房

32#
發表於 07-5-3 09:18 |只看該作者

Hi Tina,

That's ok.. cos I'm very allergy to dust... That's why I'm understand ga....

Have u try NeilMed Sinus Rinse ? this is the better !!!! I try a lot of diff one in the past !!!!
http://www.neilmed.com/

And also if nose allergy try Nasonex Aqueous nasal spray ~~~this is the best too....

Medicine - u can try Clarinase or Zyrtec ....

The dyson vacuum, the one we got.. usually is around AUD800?? and we got it from the sales.. for only around 650 or 700.. I forgot la... but very good ga.... a lot of mummies told me it's a good investment for home ~~~ cos good clean is good for kids....

Also I know a person "clean carpet" , very good ga, He's clean my mummy and her friends carpet as well ga..... do u want his no ? usually clean the carpet every 6 to 12 months is better for kids as well...

The floating floor cost us... around AUD8300 for our dinning... 2 bedrooms and 1 study room apartment....

A lot easy to clean now.. cos I can "see" the dust hehehee....

Cheers,

Michelle

大宅

33#
發表於 07-5-7 08:21 |只看該作者

Hi Tina,

How are you? The weather was so nice for the last few days , did you gone outing with the family? and the weather is getting warm again

溏心風瀑 is 無線連續劇. It is currently very hit topic in Hong Kong. I don't often 追劇 but this one is really good. ha ha, check this out. http://tv.mofile.com/A5MSCYS0/

Grey Anatomy is a US episode. Now is Season 3 already. You can watch it every Sunday at 8:30pm channel 7. Really good

大宅

34#
發表於 07-5-7 08:26 |只看該作者

Hi Michelle,

做媽咪實在很偉大,但不容易。有了自己小朋友更加疼愛媽咪。希望每個媽咪都身體健康!

複式洋房

35#
發表於 07-5-7 09:13 |只看該作者

Hi ngmammy,

I agree, 希望每個媽咪都身體健康!
Any plan for mother's day ? We will going to have dinner with both families ~~~ and two mummies can chat chat chat !!!!

Jaydendaddy said Jayden has choose a mother's day gift for me wor... Jurlique day spa, and he will baby sit Jayden hahahahaaa..... can't wait.... to go ~~~

Cheers,

Michelle

洋房

積分: 215

36#
發表於 07-5-8 14:00 |只看該作者

We can watch HK TV in Sydndy ma?? Just like now we switching on and watch TVB programmes? Or we need to pay (like HK Cable TV) ar?

[quote]
ngmammy 寫道:
溏心風瀑 is 無線連續劇. It is currently very hit topic in Hong Kong. I don't often 追劇 but this one is really good. ha ha, check this out. http://tv.mofile.com/A5MSCYS0/

複式洋房

37#
發表於 07-5-8 14:14 |只看該作者

Hi Little_A,

TVBJ - pay tv, Please check this out http://wwwnew.tvb.com.au/

I'm watching 溏心風瀑 too... my mummy love it so much ~~~ she's even can't wait until the next day, and she buy VCD from the TVB video shop in Hustville.

複式洋房

積分: 146

38#
發表於 07-5-8 16:09 |只看該作者

Re: Sydney BK Mums, 入

Dear Michelle,
I am back now. I couldn't join because of my PC problem. Also, I am in Sydney right now.
Yesterday, I called to Hornsby Hospital (the one nearest to my home) and I find they allow their patient to be "private case with a private doctor" The daily charges will be AUD269. But I have no idea about the Obstertrican and Anasethestis charge. The reason I seek for this option is because I afraid even I am totally exhusted , the midwives will still ask me to try. I have heard that a case in Australia have laceration to the rectum and she need to have a colonostomy for half year to wait her rectum and anus healed. It is really horrible.
Do you have any idea with "Dr BOOKER, Andrew" or you know a Dr who also visit Hornsby Hosp.? Also, how do you think about the midwives in Sydney.
I am a little bit worry about labouring.
Thanks for your reply.
cat

大宅

39#
發表於 07-5-9 08:49 |只看該作者

Hi Michelle,

Two families' mummies celebrate the mother day together, what i great idea! Everyone is happy as both got celebrate on THE day.

We still have no particular plan for mother's day yet. I overheard ngdaddy and the children is thinking of making something for me. Day spa sounds lovely. Having all day to yourself enjoying and relaxing at the spa, woo so good! :-P Delvin mama on the other topic also recommended facial treatment from Aesop which i also interested to try as well.

Michelle, you mentioned to Tina about a carpet cleaner which you used for sometimes before. Could you tell me how much? I've got one carpet cleaning for my sister and myself too and it's cost AUD90. It's also good but they don't move furnitures.

Cheers.

大宅

40#
發表於 07-5-9 09:03 |只看該作者

Little_A,

Can watch it in TVBJ. In my case, I rent it as I did not install pay TV. So you could consider to install it when you arrive, this way, your husband and yourself could keep up with Hong Kong news la.

Michelle,

Your mummy really chase it wor. It is now entering into the last 20 episode.......lacking sleep la............. :mrgreen:

首頁

尾頁

跳至