首頁

尾頁

民房

積分: 38

1#
發表於 07-4-19 21:43 |只看該作者

How do you protect your skin

Hi BK Mummy

I'm new to the 澳洲媽媽會. Thanks Ngmammy for introducing such an interesting and informative forum to me!

Since I came to Sydney last Nov, my skin has become darker and rougher. I wonder if I have been doing enough to protect my delicate skin! Ha!

I usually put on sunscreen in the morning, then a thin layer of foundation for a better and heathly complexion. However, I'm not used to reapplying sunscreen or press powder during the day when I'm outdoor. Also, when I come home I'm too busy to wash the sunscreen off my face. I do wear a cap when I go outside though.

Am I doing enough to reduce the ageing effect of the strong UV here in Australia!!!

Would like to get some tips from you to keep my skin look young and beautiful ! Ha !

:-P

男爵府

積分: 9527

2#
發表於 07-4-20 08:40 |只看該作者

Re: How do you protect your skin

Hi Tina,

Welcome to the forum.

Are you still using the same beauty products as you did in HK? For myself, after living in OZ for about a year, I had to completely change the products I used as it was humid in HK but so VERY dry here. I don't know about Sydney but here in Brisbane, it can be as dry as just 30% relative humidity. Even during summer, I have to put a very rich cream on my feet to prevent them from cracking.

I find exfoliation once a week and putting on masks twice a week help a lot.

Cheers,

民房

3#
發表於 07-4-20 14:23 |只看該作者

Hi Delvin媽媽

Thank you for your sharing.

Yes, I'm still using the skincare I brought from HK. When I was in HK, I got more time to look after my skin. I would use mask 2-3 times a week and go to beauty salon every other week.

Now, I'm too busy for deep cleansing or mask, not to mention going to beauty salon. What I do is just simple cleansing and day/night cream after toning.

Can you recommend some skincare products to me as mine will be finished soon.

Thank you!

男爵府

4#
發表於 07-4-20 16:58 |只看該作者

Tina,

I have neglected myself BIG TIME after giving birth to Devlin. Breast-feeding full time mom is just so full on and demanding that I didn't have time for myself. At the start of this year, I realized I had to find the time to look after myself again.

I really like Aesop (an Australian brand, I've been using their cleanser when I was in HK), very high quality products. You can go to their shop in Paddington and have a look. They can give you samples to try first.

I like their B Triple C Balancing Gel and, of course, their famous Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm. I used Jurlique's hand cream while in HK but it just doesn't work in OZ, at least for me.

I've also tried their facial ... very good. $65 and you can redeem their products afterwards.

The skin around my eyes has always been quite dry and I used to use Dr. Hauschka's eye cream, which was very good. There was no stock when I went to buy it the other day and so I switched to Aesop's Parsely Seed Anti-Oxidant Eye Cream. It's good but I will have to switch back to Dr. Hauschka as the weather gets drier.

This is Aesop's website ... click here

民房

5#
發表於 07-4-21 21:32 |只看該作者

Hi Devlin媽媽

Thanks for introducing Aesop to me. I'll look for the shop in Paddington when I have time. Is it better than Jurlique which seems to be a famous brand.

The skin around my eyes is not only dry but also getting tiny little freckles. I hate that and I'm afraid it'll get worse.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Tina

民房

6#
發表於 07-4-21 21:39 |只看該作者

Hi Devlin媽媽

My hair is also getting sodry with itchy scalp. What shampoo and conditioner are you using?

Did you hear about "The No Shampoo Challenge"? My husband has been facing the challenge for almost a month now. Believe it or not, he reckoned it's both practical and wonderful.

I tried it on my kids for 2 weeks and until now their hair looks fine! However, I'm not ready to go for it yet . What do you think????

Click here to find out more ....

http://www.smh.com.au/news/richard-glover/the-no-shampoo-challenge/2007/03/22/1174153246888.html

http://www.abc.net.au/sydney/stories/s1867418.htm

Cheers,
Tina

男爵府

7#
發表於 07-4-23 09:47 |只看該作者

Hi Tina,

I also experienced itchy scalp around this time last year. Used Aesop's Sage and Cedar Scalp Treatment for about a week and the problem hasn't recurred since then (touch wood).

For shampoo, I've always used Jurlique but again it's so dry in OZ that I can only use their Sandalwood Shampoo and Sandalwood Herbal Protein Conditioner in summer and in autumn/winter, I have to switch to Phytotherapy. I use the Phytojoba Hydrating Shampoo and Phytobaume Conditioner. Every now and then, I will use the Phyto 9 Ultra Nourishing Cream for deep conditioning.

Yes, I have heard of the "no shampoo" thing from Hub Bub (they claim to be OZ's leading pregnancy and parenting portal). A group of moms are participating in this challenge.

I've always been an "every day shampoo" girl in HK and it took my husband almost two years to convince me that I don't need to shampoo every day. Now I do it every other day. I'll be watching the thread in Hub Bub to see how the moms are doing. May be like you, I'll try to experiment with Devlin first.

Just wanted to clarify one thing .... you can wash the hair with water, just no shampoo, right?

民房

積分: 73

8#
發表於 07-4-27 11:59 |只看該作者

julique is great!

民房

9#
發表於 07-4-28 22:25 |只看該作者

Hi Devlin媽媽

To clarify my no shampoo experience on my kids, they have been washing their hair with warm water 2-3 times a week for about a month. Ever since then their hair is nice and shinny. I'll keep it up.

For me, as I haven't had time to look for the brand you recommended yet, I bought myself a small bottle of Head and Shoulder. It seems to stop my itchness. I'll see how I feel the next couple of weeks.

Hi ivorytower

I tried Julique as a gift from my Oz friend in HK. It was good at that time as my skin was not very dry. Which Julique products are you using?

Thanks for sharing.

首頁

尾頁

跳至