我都係美國媽媽呀! 三藩市呢! 二月份生左BB仔! 嘻嘻!
其他媽媽有咩節目呀?

別墅

積分: 781

2#
發表於 07-4-21 05:39 |只看該作者

Re: 認識其他美國媽媽

Hi Adachui,

Do you live in San Francisco now? I have a 10 months old son and I live in south bay area ah. I don't have 咩節目 here ah... quiet... Are you taking care of your baby by yourself?

民房

積分: 72

3#
發表於 07-4-21 07:01 |只看該作者

Hi,
I live in San Francisco too.
I were trying to upload my son's pic on bk.
There is an error all the time.
Can you guys show me how?
[img align=left]http://www.shutterfly.com/view/picture_dt.jsp?state=67b0de21b6f21ef2b435&idx=19[/img]

別墅

4#
發表於 07-4-21 07:17 |只看該作者

carolcharcoal,

You need to make sure your picture is within 150x150 dimension and also under 20000bytes. Else, you may get an error... also, sometimes BK just gave errors even your picture is under the requirement. In that case, you may need to upload it again. I tried it a few times too.

民房

積分: 72

5#
發表於 07-4-21 09:40 |只看該作者

bunnymonkey,
Let me try try sin!

Thank you
and you are so nice.

Carol
[img align=left]http://www.shutterfly.com/view/picture_dt.jsp?state=67b0de21b6f21ef2b435&idx=19[/img]

大宅

積分: 3787

醒目開學勳章

6#
發表於 07-4-21 23:50 |只看該作者

hi adachui
我住ny..湊女咯..冇咩節目架....唉...好似冇咩自由架..一星期7日...一日24hrs都係湊女.....

大宅

積分: 3787

醒目開學勳章

7#
發表於 07-4-21 23:52 |只看該作者

carol
如你想resize張相..要有個programe先得啵..我用緊IrfanView黎整既..最好改埋個file做gif啦..會細d.

別墅

8#
發表於 07-4-22 15:34 |只看該作者

carol,

Follow up with Carrie's post, if you don't have any other program but you are using Windows, you may use the "aint" program (build in Windows) to resize your picture file too.

子爵府

積分: 11500

9#
發表於 07-4-27 02:41 |只看該作者

Hey bunnymonkey (and Hi to all moms too!),

Hello! Where are you in South Bay?
I'm in Milpitas; we could've crossed path in the past :mrgreen:
Display Picture from Rita et Machin

別墅

10#
發表於 07-4-27 10:16 |只看該作者

hi honeybee30,

I live in Mountain View. Yeah, maybe I meet you before in the area! :D Are you working or stay-home mom? I am staying home now but looking for a job now. I have a 10 months old son.

Let's chat when you have time! We live close by! :D

子爵府

11#
發表於 07-4-27 13:29 |只看該作者

Oh that's nice! I think we're just 15-20 mins apart on a good day.

I'm working and I work from home most of the time these days. We have an 18-month old son; my husband drops him off at his nanny's place (local) in the morning and I pick him up in the evening. It works out pretty well for us. :mrgreen:

Are you planning to put your son in day care once you find a job?

別墅

12#
發表於 07-4-28 08:06 |只看該作者

HoneyBee30,

I used to work in Santa Clara and some times go to Milpitas Squre for lunch. Cool that you can work from home. Don't need to stuck on traffic etc. Yes, once I find a job, I plan to put my son in daycare or any nanny/childcare service. By the way, is your son in day care now? Do you have any recommendation about childcare service in South Bay area? Prefer around Mountain View, Sunnyvale etc. (Cupertino, Palo Alto, Menlo Park etc are fine too).

子爵府

13#
發表於 07-4-28 12:28 |只看該作者

Hi bunnymonkey,

My commute to work is reverse traffic so it's not as bad as some ppl who need to get onto 237 to work But then the more I stay home to work the more frequent I do that cuz it's just convenient. I would just roll out of bed, log on and bam i'm working (saves time and gas). But it gets lonely at times cuz I don't get to interact with ppl if I'm at home all day. So I go to the office once or twice a week; boss hasn't complained yet so I'll just continue till I get a warning. :mrgreen:

About daycare, I actually drop off my son to a friend's house and let my friend's mom look after him. His nanny has another two boys (2-3 yrs old) so the three of them can interact. I didn't really look into institutionalized daycare cuz I had this nanny option, which I thought should be ok for a toddler his age. Will be thinking about pre-school later (though I know this can be a head-scratcher)

別墅

14#
發表於 07-4-28 13:17 |只看該作者

HoneyBee30,

I see. I used to get on 237 everyday but the traffic wasn't that bad for me back then. I guess 237 east (Mtn View to Santa Clara) wasn't bad compare to 101. It's nice that you have the option to work at home. (yes, it's convenient and save time and gas!) What field are you in? IT related? It would be a nice balance if you can work a few days from home and go to the office once or twice a week!

It's nice that you have that nanny option. I guess I need to find out more information any child care... though I am not sure when I will find a job.

P.S. Do you IM?

子爵府

15#
發表於 07-4-29 08:16 |只看該作者

Hi bunnymonkey,

Did you quit when you're ready to deliver your baby? I thought about that too but then because we had the babycare thing figured out, I finally went back to work when my maternity leave exhausted. I work for a software company and it supports a telecommute policy, which is pretty good for us working mothers. :mrgreen:

The job market is still good from what I'm told. You should be able to find something nice and close to home (tons of companies in your area)

Yes I use IM from time to time. Let me send you my info in PM. Have a good weekend!

大宅

積分: 1760

16#
發表於 07-4-30 14:52 |只看該作者

Hi HoneyBee30,

i live in north san jose which is very close to Milpitas.
i was in software engineering/IT consulting before my son was born. when i was not at customer's site, we could also work from home if there's not any face-to-face meetings.

my boy just turned 4 last week. can't believe it i haven't worked for 4 yrs now!

still don't hv any solid plan of what coming next.
just checked out my ex-company's web site and there're some local openings not required traveling. thinking if i wanna work for that company again ...

別墅

17#
發表於 07-4-30 15:27 |只看該作者

HoneyBee30,

Not exactly. Well, they were outsourcing my group to India around my due date. So, I was technically got "laid off". Someone from another dept asked me if I want to transfer to consulting group etc (that guy didn't know I was pregnancy) but there will be intensive travelling. So I didn't initiate anything to apply for that position. Now, I need to find a job and if I get an offer, I need to find child care. It may be hard to find...

BTW, is your company hiring? :D Also, I added you in my IM.

別墅

18#
發表於 07-4-30 15:29 |只看該作者

-

子爵府

19#
發表於 07-5-1 07:22 |只看該作者

Hi SY_Mom, nice to meet you :mrgreen:
Yay we live really close to each other, could just be a couple highway exits away!!

I think it's really tough being a consultant unless you really don't mind travelling. It's bad having to be on time for flights all the time, and it's even worse if you're sitting on the bench waiting for assignments. I think it's wise that you quit before your boy came.... I can't imagine how difficult it would be for working parents who need to be on the road all the time.

The next plan..let me see...why don't you have another child If you're to go back to work, I think it's probably important that the job doesn't require any travelling. Spending the night in a hotel room working/not with the family is tough!

Hey bunnymonkey,
Like I expected, can't log onto to Yahoo while i'm on VPN :tongue:
So! Did you get a nice severance package from your previous company? :mrgreen: The company I work for is big about outsourcing. There is a huge development center in Bangalore. There's even new development happening over there, not just support development. The division I'm with is hiring in India and there has been a hiring freeze in the US since the past 6 months or so...there were some new hiring here from what I'm told, but not a whole lot. If you're interested, you can send me your resume and forward it to HR (they might still let us do it, god knows, maybe we got referrals too!!)

別墅

20#
發表於 07-5-1 08:11 |只看該作者

HoneyBee,

Oh I see. Back then I switch around from the VPN screen and my home screen. It was slow using my laptop tho. My severance package was ok. Not great not bad. Maybe 8 weeks salary worth only. yeah, my old company had some development office in Bangalore and Chenei (sp?) too.

I just got a phone call from the recuriter today. I got a verbal offer. I will wait till everything is final first. If that didn't go through for whatever reasons, I may send out my resume to you. :D ok, now the question is, I need to find childcare ASAP! Any reference or recommendation??

首頁

尾頁

跳至