跳至

首頁

尾頁

子爵府

積分: 13930

21#
發表於 15-6-25 17:35 |只看該作者
BukeLuke 發表於 15-6-25 16:20
You only need to declare when doing the 1st tax filing. At the custom, you don't need to declare i ...
Thx so much for the info & advice! I'm a bit confused.....Do you mean we only have to declare the cash or bank draft we bring at time of landing but not our total asset, right? And we have to declare our total asset (both local and foreign)at the 1st tax filing, But when will be the1st tax filing after we landed?And what sort of proof we need to show at 1st time filing? Besides, if we keep HKD balance the same but Canadian exchange rate fluctuates when I wire it to Canada, does it matter?

大宅

積分: 1174

22#
發表於 15-6-25 20:25 |只看該作者
OKmom 發表於 15-6-25 17:35
Thx so much for the info & advice! I'm a bit confused.....Do you mean we only have to declare the ca ...

You need to declare the monetary instruments(i.e. cash bank draft, etc) equal to or greater than CAN$10,000.

The tax year for Canada is Jan 1 - Dec 31. All need to do the tax filing by Mar 31 the following year. I suggest you to appoint a tax planner so that he can clear your queries on foreign assets. You should have the value of foreign assets as of the date you landed, such as passport book, bank statement. Bonds, shares, fixed term deposit, MPF, overseas properties etc. also considered as your assets. You can use the spot FX rate to convert to CAD. You should keep the wire receipt as supporting doc in case CRA requests to have it as supporting

別墅

積分: 643

23#
發表於 15-6-25 22:54 |只看該作者
It's quite common to employ a tax planner for filing tax in Canada, right? Can anyone pm me & recommend the tax planner they are using ? We have so many queries to clear and need to seek advice before we land. Or it even affects our decision to land or not.
Thanks very much !

大宅

積分: 1174

24#
發表於 15-6-25 23:36 |只看該作者
回覆 yenma 的帖子

You should find one that also familiar with your home country tax rule as well. You may try to find one by searching from the net, or contact http://www.successbc.ca/chn/contact-us which is the organization helping new immigrants to settle down.

Mine is the one taking care my family business as well, so the price would be a bit high.

別墅

積分: 643

25#
發表於 15-6-28 06:59 |只看該作者
Thank you , Bukeluke

首頁

尾頁

跳至