首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 3049

1#
發表於 05-4-22 10:19 |只看該作者

Help (Heathrow to Paddington Station)

Hello all Uk moms

I am not living in Uk but my eldest girl will go boarding in UK this Sept.

I will go with her , but unfortunately that I am not familiar with London's Underground system,

I would like to seek for your help:

I will arrive Heathrow airport early in the morning and need to get to Paddington Station to get train to my girl's school. I understood I could take Heathrow Express which is more direct and expensive.

But could I take the cheaper London underground ?
I download the UK underground map already but not sure with line I should take and at which station I should get off the change other line....

Can Anyone help on this ?

I will take along 3 big baggages, will it be convinence to take the underground ? Will there be any limination on baggage size ?

How long will such journey take ?

How much will be the fare ?

Many thanks for all your assistance !

Best wishes

Msma

民房

積分: 10

2#
發表於 05-4-22 13:55 |只看該作者

Re: Help (Heathrow to Paddington Station)

as you have 3 baggages with you, it's rather difficult to use underground. why don't you contact the school, they might be able to help! (because when i was in school, they provide bus service from the airport to school. of cause it will depand on the school itself.) however, if the school does, it will be more convinence for you.

大宅

3#
發表於 05-4-22 14:10 |只看該作者

Thanks for your prompt reply

Actually I did contact the school , they do have services but not at the begining of the school in September.

Their services mainly for the boarding students to back after break from airport to school .

Moreover, the arrival dates for new students and their parents and various. ...

Thanks anyway!
Msma

禁止訪問

積分: 46216

4#
發表於 05-4-22 23:11 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

大宅

5#
發表於 05-4-23 08:33 |只看該作者

Thanks sasa and twin girls

ha ha ! My gril's school is 2.5 hours train from London Paddington station....

You can count .... it will cost us fortune ....

I rather save the money for next airticket for her !

Anyway thanks.

I knew how to take the most direct transport Heathrow but it charge UKP 2X /person. Underground is much more cheaper, but need to change lines 2 times.

I just see if anyone got that experience of changing lines ... Anyway if I cannot find info on net , I will try the airport assistants to help .

Many thanks ! :mrgreen:
Msma

禁止訪問

6#
發表於 05-4-23 13:58 |只看該作者

複式洋房

積分: 262

7#
發表於 05-4-23 18:26 |只看該作者

Hi Msma

I have never been to Paddington station, but I will try to answer your question.

1. I don't think there is any limitation on baggage size on London underground. If you have a big baggage, you have to ask the station assistant to open the gate to let you go through to the platform. But I wonder how you & your daughter can carry 3 big baggages?

2. From heathrow to paddingdon, I guess it will take about 45 minutes. (This is my guess from looking at how many stops it need).

3. Heathrow is at zone 6 and paddington is at zone 1. So the fare you need is from zone 6-zone 1 which is about 3 pounds one way (about 3 years ago), sorry I do not live in London and this was the fare about a few years ago.

I think if I were you, I will travel by heathrow express because you have 3 big baggages. When you change line, you have to know, it is not like HK MTR, just go to the opposite platform, you may need to go upstairs and back to downstairs to another platform etc. which is very difficult if you have heavy baggage.

For which line to change, you can change at Hammersmith station for the hammersmith & city line. Or you can use the district line and change at Earls' court. As my understanding, there are more trains which are district line than hammersmith & city line. But you have to be careful when you change line as you have to make sure which way the train is going.

Hope it helps.

等待驗證會員

積分: 16753

8#
發表於 05-4-24 02:51 |只看該作者

Msma 寫道:
Thanks sasa and twin girls

ha ha ! My gril's school is 2.5 hours train from London Paddington station....

You can count .... it will cost us fortune ....

I rather save the money for next airticket for her !

Anyway thanks.

I knew how to take the most direct transport Heathrow but it charge UKP 2X /person. Underground is much more cheaper, but need to change lines 2 times.

I just see if anyone got that experience of changing lines ... Anyway if I cannot find info on net , I will try the airport assistants to help .

Many thanks ! :mrgreen:

Hi Msma,

At 2002, we travelled from Heathrow Airport to Bournemouth, it cost £ 70.00, and it take two hours by Bus. Are you travel from Hearthrow Airport? Could I know what is the School name of your girl ? I could try to ask someone who is a taxi drive?

珍珠宮

積分: 35992

畀面勳章 BK Milk勳章

9#
發表於 05-4-24 03:00 |只看該作者

heathrow terminal 1-4 underground station are closed until the end of this year.there is bus service available but not convinence. i advise you take the heathrow express, it is a bit expensive but much easier for you.

大宅

10#
發表於 05-4-25 09:56 |只看該作者

thanks you guys, very helpful nearly makes me tears !

You know I asked my neice few times (in Uk ) but no answers as clear as you guy's

Thank you very much.

You are right , I will take your advise to take Heathrow Express.

I will go with my husband but he is very Chinese, only knows English " Yes, Thank you and Hello" :mrgreen:

I got to work on my own....

My girl will study in Great Malvern just a small school,
I checked with school needs 2.5 hours to travel by train from Paddington Station . I can then estimate the cost by Taxi ... :cry: So cannot travel by taxi, it will make us bankrup ...

The underground from heathrow will close for repair this year ? then it will be quite difficult for me la !
I and my husand may think of getting underground for the return trip ! That means cannot la !

If you guys do not mind can I ask one more question ?

Sim Card for my girl's mobile :
Can I just buy a virgin/Vadafohe sim cards at any mobile services / sales counter in the airport ?

Can she top up the value of the card easily in small town - Great Malvern ?

Last Question:
Any one lives in Great Malvern ? If so, can I visit you to say Hello and thank you to you when I arrive ?

Thank you for your kindliness !
Msma

男爵府

積分: 9642

11#
發表於 05-4-26 06:03 |只看該作者

Msma

因為我住得距離London好遠,又唔熟d路,所以都冇回應你!!
不過,關於mobile問題,還可一試...希望你有用!!

1.個人認為,Vondafone綱絡比較穏定.係呀,你絕對可以喺賣電話舖頭,買到唔同公司sim crad...機場有冇呢,冇留意tim,等我幫你問問!!

2.依家top up好方便,supermarket如Tesco,Asda,Sainsbury's...,連Boots,Woolworths..,仲有細town d shop仔都有!!!所以唔駛擔心

等待驗證會員

12#
發表於 05-4-26 06:18 |只看該作者

Hi Msma,

以我所知,呢度暫時未有 Mami 住喺 Great Malvern 嘞。 咁您和您老公過到嚟住邊呀??

大宅

13#
發表於 05-4-26 09:08 |只看該作者

twingirls

你真好人,我都好勁下 (勁八) 連 great malvern 個tourist information 都聯絡埋,又問晒學校羅料,到時會同老公住幾日cheap 的guest house 話cheap 其實對hk 人都唔cheap 嘮 。。。 平都 75磅一晚 !

b & b 都有聯絡下,但好多家庭式係未有覆我,亦聽人話有部份 b & b 係好希望你breakfast完後就離開 唔好留係佢屋內,亦有d 係無自己 toliet,咁三個人又唔太方便,都仲羅近d 料 !

多謝你答我sim card 的問題呀,我連 vandafone/ virgin都email問過,但佢地可能嫌我白痴得濟,無人覆我 ! :mrgreen:

咁好多謝你!

如你有任可我應問而無問的問題,請你題下我,多謝晒你 !

Msma

禁止訪問

14#
發表於 05-4-26 19:46 |只看該作者

等待驗證會員

15#
發表於 05-4-26 19:49 |只看該作者

Msma 寫道:
twingirls

你真好人,我都好勁下 (勁八) 連 great malvern 個tourist information 都聯絡埋,又問晒學校羅料,到時會同老公住幾日cheap 的guest house 話cheap 其實對hk 人都唔cheap 嘮 。。。 平都 75磅一晚 !

b & b 都有聯絡下,但好多家庭式係未有覆我,亦聽人話有部份 b & b 係好希望你breakfast完後就離開 唔好留係佢屋內,亦有d 係無自己 toliet,咁三個人又唔太方便,都仲羅近d 料 !

多謝你答我sim card 的問題呀,我連 vandafone/ virgin都email問過,但佢地可能嫌我白痴得濟,無人覆我 ! :mrgreen:

咁好多謝你!

如你有任可我應問而無問的問題,請你題下我,多謝晒你 !

Hi Msma,

回覆您sim card問題嘅唔係我,係 Paco ma。 您有乜問題都可以喺度問o架,如我地知的,都會日覆您o架。 您囡囡幾大呀?? 咁您囡囡喺嗰間學校讀幾年呀? Sorry,我都好八掛o架!

男爵府

16#
發表於 05-4-27 06:00 |只看該作者

Msma

對鬼頭辦事,你真係唔可以太有期望架
book B & B...你可以試吓呢間agent,我試過幾次同佢book,總算貨真價實!!(哈,好似幫人賣廣告咁)
只要講出地點,心目中價錢,special request(如獨立toliet...)佢都可以即時check倒比你...岩心水至過數都未遲!!! :-P

Superbreak
tel. 01904-676830 or
Click here

大宅

17#
發表於 05-4-27 12:41 |只看該作者

各位你地真好人,

我女今年14啦,去讀year9,希望佢會比心機讀啦, 因真係貴嗎 !

多謝你地地堤供b & b agent比我,我會聯絡佢,多謝丫 !

請問九月頭果邊係點天氣呢?要著coat嗎?

弟日我一年都會來一兩次, 熟左可答train 去探你地嗎 ? 

多謝 ! 

多謝 !
Msma

男爵府

18#
發表於 05-4-28 05:11 |只看該作者

Msma

你唔駛咁客氣架:mrgreen:
yr 9咪即係F.4囉...都好大個女囉,我老公個姪女,等佢5月考埋GCSE就返hk lu
放心la,你囡囡會知道媽咪用心良苦,出發點為佢好,佢會比心機讀書,唔會令你擔心同失望 :-P

9月份仲係夏天,不過,uk d天氣一早一晚變化好大,夜晚外出,最好帶定jacket或薄外套就最穩陣 :lol:

大宅

19#
發表於 05-4-28 10:34 |只看該作者

多謝你地!

識你地耐d ,去開英國一定要來探下你地,你地真好人 !
Msma

等待驗證會員

20#
發表於 05-4-28 18:01 |只看該作者

Msma 寫道:
多謝你地!

識你地耐d ,去開英國一定要來探下你地,你地真好人 !

Msma,

我地住喺英國唔同嘅地方o架,我住喺南邊o架。

首頁

尾頁

跳至