跳至

首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 4008

41#
發表於 09-7-28 13:41 |顯示全部帖子
BS & GN4,
I am interested in the Olympiad Maths book too. If either of you happen to be able to buy this book, may I have one too please? Thanks a lot.

BS,
You are just amazing to keep track of what you have bought for others! You are very kind too!!!

KL,
I have not heard of paintball before! Thanks. Seems like it's fun to gather some boys to go together. Today when I called the Club to book a place for my girl's bday party which is in mid Sep, the place is FULL! I am not on wait list, look forward to a second chance or I owe my girl big!

大宅

42#
發表於 09-7-30 21:55 |顯示全部帖子
GN4,
Xi-yang-yang is really cheap from your source! Please shout out loud if you are going to organize a bulk order. I am interested. The only concern is 35 episodes are really a lot!

KL,
Kv has really grown very tall, 9.3cm in one year! Has he reached 140cm?

BS & KL,
I love to send my son to outward bound too. Please count me in next year if my son can join yours. It's good to keep him company in such a challenging game :)

Hi all,
Need some advice here. I have to apply for P1 for my daughter in Sep. Am choosing between SP Convent & Marymount. RMM, I heard very good comment from you on Convent. How would you all choose between the two? I am seeking help from an "invisible hand" to get my daughter into either school. Have to make up my mind now! Please help if you can.

大宅

43#
發表於 09-7-31 09:23 |顯示全部帖子
GN4 & BS,
Thanks for your vote. I prefer the same way. Interestingly, last nite I looked up MSS website. It posted all HKCEE & HKAL results publicly! I wasn't very impressed with A-level results, and I just learnt from my auntie that MSS used not to have any Science subjects in A-level until these few years, I suppose. The only consideration is my auntie is more certain with MSS than Convent. And my girl was born in Sep (youngest among the same grade) & Convent tends to cut off in Aug. If my auntie can't get pass this, we won't have a chance. Does anyone know if there are girls born in Sep but need not defer 1 school year? Thanks

大宅

44#
發表於 09-8-2 20:08 |顯示全部帖子
RMM & KL,
Did u go to McDull Concert today? The part before the break was ok, but we left when taught the song with the lyrics "so dull u throw up"! My son didn't know what it meant. I was thinking, "if I don't feel good that he says it to me one day, that's not something I want him to pick up esp. in a concert I chose for him". I actually dosed off after the break, seeing some dads do the same too. Did u enjoy it?

GN4,
I have no idea how to pay for TB. Whatever u say.

BS,
It's a very good way of putting it : piglet = fast pass! I forgot to bring my fast pass the 2nd time I went to Book Fair & had to circle round Wanchai's buildings for at least 30 mins!

[ 本帖最後由 Jsmami 於 09-8-2 20:17 編輯 ]

大宅

45#
發表於 09-8-4 17:08 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all,
Still not enough shopping from BF :)? I tried to call Synergy for KL's Olympiad book as well but no luck, can't find them! So weird.

BS,
Saw u plan to buy some exer bks from Sgp. I have some but am quite disappointed with Sgp publishers (or authors). Take Maths for example. There are often questions where the answers are not complete. What I mean is there are more than 1 answer but the model answer (at the end of the book) only has 1 - the one that the author thinks of!!!! Not only 1 book, 1 author but several. This makes the entire book loses color as far as I am concerned.

大宅

46#
發表於 09-8-4 20:44 |顯示全部帖子
KL,
McD concert definitely is "俗" out of the 雅俗共賞! If Kv is awake, do you think he understands "餓到嘔"? Luckily, my son didn't pick it up & asked me what it meant!

BS,
Brain Maths 1 & Maths Olympiad (Junior 1). If u have the first book, turn to page 29. Since there is a picture there, I can't post the question here. Judging from the model answer, I have the feeling that the author is kind of tunnel visioned.

RMM,
Thanks for the tips. Will see if v can go see it before our trip.

[ 本帖最後由 Jsmami 於 09-8-4 21:18 編輯 ]

大宅

47#
發表於 09-8-9 00:18 |顯示全部帖子
GN4 & KL,
I haven't got Book 1 yet! GN4, do u have any luck checking out Synergy?

大宅

48#
發表於 09-8-10 23:08 |顯示全部帖子
BS & KL,
I visited a friend of mine today whose daughter is 9yo. She just went to Outward Bound and I looked at the program (not on OB website). It seems very fun to me. Morning dip is only 1' dipping into the sea :). My friend said it's quite popular though not publicized. Today 3x kids splitted into 3 teams, 3 coaches per team (of 9-10 kids) i.e. 1:3 ratio. $3,700 for 5 days. Parents go to briefing on 1st day morning & 5th day afternoon to watch a kids' show on stage! They seem to have camp in xmas & easter. Interested?

大宅

49#
發表於 09-8-11 22:30 |顯示全部帖子
KL,
I don't have the OB program. I also took a glance only. You may email OB to get a program outline. If you can't get it, please let me know when I am back from holiday on next Wed. I can ask my friend to send me. I'll be leaving tomorrow!

BS,
I may go to Toysrus in Dubai, 22,500 sq.ft. & Hamley from UK!!! Hope to find something special.

大宅

50#
發表於 09-8-22 01:28 |顯示全部帖子
Calling BS,
I just came back from Dubai, extended 1 more day in last minute. Very enjoyable trip. Hope u can still count me in for the OM books!

vol 1 : RMM,CC, Jsmami
vol 2 : GN4, RMM, KL, BS,CC, Jsmami

Back to Dubai. We spent 7 full days there (excluding air freight). Hot hot hot under the sun but very ok when we were in water. We went to 2 water parks, Burj Al Arab (7 stars hotel), Burj Dubai (tallest building in the world), Ski Dubai, Dubai Mall (not sure if it's the largest in the world but it's huge), desert safari (amazed my kids weren't scared of dune bashing!)..... My kids & I didn't have enough by the time we were supposed to go to the airport & I managed to change my flight & book a villa ($$$), afterwhich the whole Dubai experience is really complete.

Hey pals, if anyone is interested in Dubai, go during summer cos hotel rates are lowest but don't go during Ramadan (their fasting month which just begins). We were told that price can be 5 times what we paid during peak season from Dec to Apr!

大宅

51#
發表於 09-8-23 22:29 |顯示全部帖子
BS,
Thx very much!!!!

GN4,
I only stayed at the sister hotel of the 7 stars Burj Al Arab but went inside to take a look (restricted to most people though). I redeemed 4 tickets using Asiamiles & stayed at 5* hotels. Spent around $40k for 6 nights. I went by "chi-yau-hang". I haven't joined tour for a long time. Tour price is around $9k++ for 3 nights, of which 1 night in one of my hotels & the rest in 4*. So my cost is not bad at all.

Just read another forum (not BK) that tour guides told tourists from HK not to go out on the streets of Dubai at night because of crime. What a lie! Shopping malls in Dubai are open till 10pm & even midnight during weekends. We like the locals so much. They are very very friendly & civilized!!!!

[ 本帖最後由 Jsmami 於 09-8-23 22:31 編輯 ]

大宅

52#
發表於 09-8-27 09:54 |顯示全部帖子
Dear BS,
Very good shopping & report! Thanks for the OM books. Must follow u to Sgp one day :)! I'll wait for your price & arrange pick up. Thanks again!!!

大宅

53#
發表於 09-8-27 21:32 |顯示全部帖子
BS,
Thank you for the post. Just let me know when & where is best to pick up the book from you. Many thanks!

Dear all,
Did anyone watch the So Good program on TVB last night? I was lucky to watch it by accident & was so touched by the 2 blinded. They are very positive, they are live models to many in Gen X. Click here if you want to view the program again http://mytv.tvb.com/foodandtravel/sogood2/100152#page-1
Enjoy!

大宅

54#
發表於 09-9-3 08:50 |顯示全部帖子
KL,
One Indian Maths book for me, please! Did u send Kv to OM in YMT? Sep courses are full except Sun! Big struggle for me. Have u sourced other alternative centres?

大宅

55#
發表於 09-9-3 20:09 |顯示全部帖子
BS,
Thanks very much for paying to KL for me. Will you go to Causeway Bay (e.g.PTA) shortly? If not, I can meet you near your office in Wanchai. Just let me know when is convenient to you.

KL,
Today my son received a notice from the same OM institute from school. Apparently they also run classes at his school but on Sat. At least we don't have to go to Kln! Will see if he can join.

大宅

56#
發表於 09-9-4 12:57 |顯示全部帖子
BS,
Are u sure that girl has a CFA designation? If she does, she will have it on her name card. It's not easy to get. One must be hard working & cannot be dumb to pass!!!

大宅

57#
發表於 09-9-9 20:14 |顯示全部帖子
BS,
Thanks very much for the books & coming out to meet me today! I should start teaching my son asap.

KL,
I didn't learn bassoon but judging from the outlook, I think it's one of the hardest to learn but cool cos there aren't many bassoonist in an orchestra. BTW, I went to spcc this morning to drop off my daughter's P1 application. Great campus. But no expectation, just give it a try! I heard from a friend today that Wong Yan Loong's daughter has left for SxS! I sent my son to HKOM Society in YMT last Sun! OMG, have to wait for him for 1.5hrs & he learnt "square 9"... looks like he has to learn this topic for the rest of the month! x%#*! Really have to take a good look at BS' OM book from Sgp & see if I can teach him myself!

大宅

58#
發表於 09-9-9 22:09 |顯示全部帖子
KL,
SxS : x = I. Looks like we are playing a word game! Yes, it is HKMOS that I am referring to. Is it better than HKMOA where A=Association where my son & yours went to last summer? My son's school has invited HKMOA to teach the kids on Sat mornings. I am afraid there is no continuity, so I prefer to go for HKMOS which is highly recommended to me by a friend of mine. Too bad they don't sell study material. Otherwise, I think I can teach my son as he is only in lower primary! Won't be too difficult, right?

大宅

59#
發表於 09-9-14 09:28 |顯示全部帖子
BS,
We don't live in the same building, do we? How come our renovation work is nearly the same!

KL,
Our building's job started in Sep 08. We didn't remove any a/c during the whole period. However, the unit outside our apartment for split a/c has to be placed somewhere else among the scaffolding, i.e. not in the same place when workers remove the old tiles on wall. Once we forgot & turned on the a/c. It seemed fine! Like BS, our windows were covered by foams for some months to protect the glass I guess. Now we may have 10% job undone but getting very slow. Hope our building is clean & clear by Nov. There has been a long period when we had to bare the unbearable sweaty stinky smell of hundreds of workers sharing the same lifts & minibuses.

大宅

60#
發表於 09-9-18 22:20 |顯示全部帖子
Lego buddies,
Just got an email from TRU today. The Legos are really on discount. I nearly bought 8037 2 days ago but didn't as my son did not behave well enough of late. It is $120 cheaper now! Also, check out the roadshow in Shatin New Town Plaza from 9/29-10/11, some Legos are upto 40% off!

BS,
I am the one fighting against the Lego temptation. I just don't have any more space for the boxes & my son has no spare time!!! He doesn't even have time to read! Until we can sort his time out, no more Lego!

首頁

尾頁

跳至