跳至

首頁

尾頁

民房

積分: 23

1#
發表於 05-7-31 14:02 |只看該作者

New US mama just join.....

Hi, I am a mama who live in NY for a long time. I just become a mother on Jan 2005. My son now is 6 months old. My sister who is a HK mommy introduce me this website. :-P
My son now is big and it is very hard to imagine that he was a pre-term bb and was weight 4lb 15oz when he was born. He stayed at intensive unit for 2 days for observation. My baby actually was due on 2/17/2005 but my water broke when he was 31 & 1/2 wks. I still remembered I rushed to hospital and the nurse examined me and told me that not only my water broke but also I was having a contraction.
I went to hospital at 12am and they admitted me in, that was a long night. Although my husband was with me but I was not able to sleep......... :-(
My doctor came and told me that since my water had broken, therefore they couldn't give me any medication to stop the contraction but only IV. If it couldn't stop the contraction, I would go into labor and deliver my son. She said let's hope there was a miracle. And all I could do, was pray..........If I could hold onto it and passed 34 weeks, then baby would come out to be strong enough to breath and eat by himself. So she ordered me stayed in the hospital and bedrest for 3 weeks.
I felt so miserable but I did it anyway. It was one of the most difficult moment in my life. I was in restricted bedresting which mean I couldn't even get up and go bathroom because doctor was afraid that I would have contraction again. Also, she found out that the reason I had contraction, was because I didn't drink enough fluid!! So during that period of time, I laid on the bed, all I did was keep drinking water, juice..... And then the more water I drink, the more I want to go bathroom but I couldn't offically "go"...... Also, I kept eating because I had to prepare that if Darren had to come out, I would try to "feed" him as much as possible. It was like a battle........Everyday was as long as a year. One by one, I passed my unforgetable Christmas and New Year in Hospital.
During that moment, my husband and my religious (Christianity) were my support.......without either of them, I couldn't imagine I could make it to 34 weeks. I probably would have deliver my son much earlier........
I passed 34 weeks , doctor allowed me to get up and walked around (I was so weak, it took me forever to walk from one side to another side). she wanted me to go into labor myself. But I didn't want to because the baby was still too small at 34 weeks.....finally she allowed me to go home but I had to go back to hospital to do test everyday to make sure baby was doing fine. Since my water broke but luckly no infection, I couldn't go to public area anymore because I couldn't use public bathroom including my company one. So I had to stay home until the baby was due. I went home, kept drinking water (become a water basket), bedresting, hoping to drag on as long as possible, once I passed 37 weeks, then he would be a full-term baby.........
However, it was not easy, it was very stressful, my husband had to drive me to hospital after work everynight and it took forever to finish the test...........
Finally, my doctor wanted me to go on 1/21 because she was so worry about I would go into labor on 1/22 which NYC was hit by a big snow storm which I was having the blood show........I was admitted to hospital on 1/21 night time and Darren was born on 1/22 9:45am.
However, I had C-Section because I had complication during the labor. Because I was having difficulty before the delivery, therefore, I didn't find the recovery was long and painful........at least I could sleep and eat at home. I was so tired of staying in hospital. (Although, the staffs were very nice)
Now, everytime I look at my son, I just feel so glad that those moment was over and it seems to me that it is long long time ago.......... :-P

複式洋房

積分: 123

2#
發表於 05-8-1 07:02 |只看該作者

Re: New US mama just join.....

hi darrenmama,

nice meeting you, you can come to 'any mom living in us' to chat with us. there you will meet a lot of moms in the states and some of them are from nyc... c ya.

民房

3#
發表於 05-8-2 01:30 |只看該作者

Re: Welcome Darren mama

Hi! I came to US since 2002. I moved from Wisconsin to Atlanta 3 months ago. Be happy as many US moms here including me support you. It's not easy to be mother. I also went through many ups and downs. I suspect I had postpartum depression after delivery. I always had nightmare that I might do something to hurt my baby. I am lucky as I have a good husband, good mom, a good sister and friends to share my feelings. My baby will be one year old in August.

Come on in to chat when you got the time la!

You take care!

男爵府

積分: 7794

4#
發表於 05-8-2 07:31 |只看該作者

Darrenmama,
讀咗你嘅故事, 我身同感受....
我都係new york mom, 家住staten island, also, 我get thru 嘅往事和你所經歴嘅---可謂(一'担担')...
我只希望你向前望... tomorrow is another day..
過嚟 any mom lives in US...嗰邊有好多US 媽咪和你分憂, new york 媽咪都有幾個... come over, every of us does support you...
we are here to help..
我有產後抑鬱足足年半, 到今年2-3月先好番, Amanda今年8月都2歲lu... 你鐘意嘅話, Amanda請埋Darren, 姨姨同叔叔嚟屋企BBQ, ok? Amanda會請babygigi一家, cutiemom一家, greentree一家, zic 姨姨一家同媽咪,爸爸啲friends(plus 所有小朋友) 嚟屋企BBQ開party 呢...
if你鐘意, just bring a dish for the party.. ^o^
你幾時嚟new york架, 我03年6月至嚟架..... 係"過埠新娘"呢!
你要交換電話嗎?

民房

5#
發表於 05-8-2 09:48 |只看該作者

Hi Nillie,
Thanks for the support from you and all the US mama :-P
Actually, I visited you before, Doris is my sister. I went with her, her two kids and my cousin. You also invited me to Amanda's birthday party. Can you tell me when? I will try to make it......Can't promise though. My husband relative is visiting us on August..... I also have your phone number. Did I give you mine last time? I don't remember anymore.
I have been here for 15 yrs. My husband even longer.......I know a lot of people from HK don't like US too much. I kind of like it though. At least NY is not as hot as HK.....
Also, I like simple lifestyle too.

民房

6#
發表於 05-8-2 10:06 |只看該作者

Re: Welcome Darren mama

Hi Veronique,
Although I didn't have postpartum depression, my sister-in-law had it after she delivered her son on Dec 2004. Since she lives one block away from me, and both of us were staying at home to rest during that time, she always talked to me. I could tell it really bothered her a lot back then. She went to see many doctors and finally she recovered after she started working.......I can tell it is not easy to deal with. I am glad that you feel fine now. :-P
I am a full-time ma now, so how about u?
Take care.

民房

7#
發表於 05-8-2 23:20 |只看該作者

Re: Hello DarrenMaMa

I am glad to hear that your sister is doing well now. She's lucky as she had you sharing her feelings during that time.
How old is Darren? Yes, I am also a full-time ma. Do you feel bored? Will you back to the work field when Darren go to school in the future?

大宅

積分: 2427

8#
發表於 05-8-4 07:44 |只看該作者

veronique:

, how's Justin 1st birthday???!! Show me some pics when you have time la

大宅

積分: 1013

9#
發表於 05-8-9 20:07 |只看該作者

HELLO DARREN MAMA﹐
之前好像在US MOM 0個邊見過你嗎﹐我都不記得了。
我仔仔都係一月出世架﹐大你仔仔8日。
我SISTER女女大你SISTER個BB一個月﹐哈哈﹐好喬。
你是否在QUEENS? if i remember correctly?
我在ELMHURST住﹐搬了來NYC 年半了。屋企人在CA

大宅

10#
發表於 05-8-9 20:10 |只看該作者

HaydenMaMa﹐
你仔仔好可愛。

民房

11#
發表於 05-8-12 10:09 |只看該作者

Hi babygigi,
Thanks. Your baby is cute too. U are living in Elmhurst? My in-law too. Sometimes I drop off my baby and go to the chinese supermarket to do shopping. Ya, I live in Forest Hills. I move to Forest Hills about a year ago. I have been here 15 yrs law. So u are a full time ma?

大宅

積分: 3636

12#
發表於 05-8-12 11:10 |只看該作者

hi, i'm living at elmhurst too....my baby just born on 8/8, i just came back home.....i now have an urgent question, please anyone can help me.....
唔知點解 bb 返到屋企 d 屎屎係一粒粒﹐黃色既﹐又少窩。系醫院頭兩日都係黑綠色﹐跟住便左黃色一pat pat。 我系醫院餵 enfamil lipil with iron 同人奶。屋企餵 enfamil with iron 同人奶。 bb 系屋企第一次便便就已經系一粒粒﹐甘即係系醫院食奶既問題﹖到依家都係一粒粒架。關唔關人奶事﹖
please help....thanks... :-(

民房

13#
發表於 05-8-18 02:35 |只看該作者

I got this info from "What to Expect THe First Year". You should buy one, the book has very
detail info from new born to 1 yr old. YOu can order it on line. It is very famous. Most of my
friend who being a first time mother will buy one.
"The tarry greenish black substance is called meconium that gradually filled your baby's intestines during
his stay in your uterus. That the meconium is now in his diaper instead of his intestines is a good sigh- now you know
that his bowels are unobstructed.
Sometimes after the first 24 hrs, when all the meconium has bben passed, you will see transitional stools, which
are dark greenish yellow and loose sometimes "seedy" in texture (particularly among breastfed infants), and may
occasionally contain mucus. THere may even be traces of blood in them, probably the result of a baby's
swallowing some of his mother's blood during delivery (just to be sure, save any diaper
containing blood to show to a nurse or doctor).
After 3 or 4 days of transitional stools, what your baby starts putting out will depend on
what your've been putting into him. If it's breast milk, the movements will often be mustard-like color and consistency,
sometimes loose, even watery, sometimes seedy, mushy, or curdy. If it's formula, the stool
will be soft but better formed than breastfed baby's, and anywhere from pale yellow to yellowish
brown, light brown, or brown-green. Iron in baby's diet (whether from formula or vitamin drops)
can also lend a black or dark green hue to movements.
It sounds your baby's stool is fine. But you can always call your baby doctor to double check
he or she suppose to answer you.
If you want, you can email me at [email protected] for more question. This website sometimes down.
Enjoy your motherhood and congraulation to your newborn son.

民房

14#
發表於 05-8-18 02:44 |只看該作者

Hello Veronique,
I tried to answer couple times but this website down quite often. Guess traffic must be quite heavy.
Ya, being a full-time ma is fun especially seeing Darren grows up day by day, however, it is kind of boring (my friend always say wait until he starts crawling and walking, you are going to be out of breath........)
I am planning to go back to work when he is one year old. But recently, my friend introduced me a home business. I am reading and studying the information that he gave me. Maybe I will start to do it first and then I will see if the result is good then I may stay home and just do the business. Or I will still go to work but keep the small business as a part-time job. Don't know yet.
How about u?

民房

15#
發表於 05-8-20 09:43 |只看該作者

Re: Hi DarrenMaMa

Hi

Same here. This web site down often and slow. It's a good idea to work at home as you can take good care of your baby and develop your career as well. As my baby just turned 1 year old, I've registered a preschool for him. Then I will start sending resume out. If he adapts well and I got a job, I will back to work then. This is my plan.

Have your baby started talking yet? My baby still can't talk a word. I am a bit worried. He is an early walker (he started walking at 11 months). People said early walker is usually a later talker.

大宅

16#
發表於 05-8-21 08:13 |只看該作者

thanks so much darrenmama....
veronique, bb can go to preschool when he's 1 year old? about how much ga?

大宅

17#
發表於 05-8-22 00:58 |只看該作者

bb 面上有一粒粒好細粒點點﹐正常嗎﹖

大宅

積分: 4981

醒目開學勳章 畀面勳章 環保接龍勳章

18#
發表於 05-8-25 11:39 |只看該作者

Hi netjayne,
that is normal, my 3 month old son had the same problem. It takes some time for the tiny spot to be disappeared...

大宅

19#
發表於 05-8-30 11:11 |只看該作者

neyjayne,
你係ELMHURST邊度住呀﹐我0係57TH夾84TH街近QUEENS BLVD﹐近你嗎?
我仔仔頭一個月都有粒粒﹐PEDI話係因BB體內仲有媽媽的HORMONE所以會噤﹐慢慢就會無。
PEDI 0個時介紹左隻洗面既比仔仔﹐唔使過水架﹐幾好用。
CETAPHIL﹐但有兩種﹐看清楚INSTRUCTION先買啊

大宅

20#
發表於 05-8-31 04:24 |只看該作者

thx socloudy & babygigi...
i live at 92 street & 50th ave....near newtown hs.....
pretty tired after bb born....need to wake up every 2 or 3 hours to feed bb.....
oh yea, wat diapers do u use for bb?
i used pamper dry, seems not so good, have leaking problem....

首頁

尾頁

跳至