跳至

首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 1760

1#
發表於 11-3-23 11:41 |只看該作者
Any recommendations for a caring pediatric dentist in Bay Area, CA?

Prefer in the area of Saratoga, Cupertino, Los Gatos, Campbell or West San Jose.

Thanks.

複式洋房

積分: 377

2#
發表於 11-3-24 05:44 |只看該作者
My 3 years old daughter goes to Grace Lee. She is in Sunnyvale.

http://caringpediatricdds.com/

大宅

3#
發表於 11-3-24 13:37 |只看該作者
yoyocutie,

for how long your daughter's been seeing Dr. Grace Lee? how do u like her? i saw her ad. at the Bay Area Parents magazine. she seems to be younger than most of the dentists that we've seen so far.

原帖由 yoyocutie 於 11-3-24 05:44 發表
My 3 years old daughter goes to Grace Lee. She is in Sunnyvale.

http://caringpediatricdds.com/

大宅

積分: 1090

4#
發表於 11-3-24 14:22 |只看該作者
剛有朋友從三藩市回港探親,講開佢係美國睇牙醫,佢前後睇三個牙醫都無姑娘幫手,唔知係唔係美國就係咁....
我老公係牙醫, 佢話咁樣好有問題, 無姑娘幫手吸水, infection control做唔好可以好有問題.... 另外, 佢個牙醫幫佢做既treatment有問題, 係可以告佢....
我聽完個朋友既情況, 真係估唔到係美國咁先進既國家, 都會容許牙醫咁亂做野....
香港既私家牙醫同醫生都有好多濫做, 所以我地睇醫生都係搵係醫護界做既朋友介紹, 起碼識分點為之好和唔好...

大宅

5#
發表於 11-3-24 15:01 |只看該作者
busiuhk,

i think your friend's case is just personal experience?! wonder where s/he went to see dentists ... in Chinatown?
if so, i never seen any dentists in Chinatown. however, all the dentists that i seen have dental assistants. also, the dental assistants in here are required to go to college to get a diploma or certificate. some are dental hygenists who are certified to do teeth cleaning only. maybe s/he had teeth cleaning by a dental hygenist at the dental office?

btw, some of my friends (and including myself) had teeth unnecessarily pulled out by the dentists in HK. sometimes it caused teeth being shifted. and couple of my friends needed to have implants. in here, the dentists always try to "save" the teeth instead of pulling them out. also, in here the preventive care might be better than in HK. like teeth cleaning, it's recommended twice a year in here. but i think it's once in year in HK?
also, the dentists here care about the health of the gum as well.

大宅

6#
發表於 11-3-24 16:38 |只看該作者
Yes, I do think she saw a chinese dentist....
her experience just scared me, but it may only happens to her...

What I want to say is that it's difficult to find a good doctor because many of them are money-mind. That's why my husband was upset because he is not in this style. Some dentists in HK they also recommend patients to have teeth cleaning twice, but there's no need if he really cleans your teeth well or your teeth has been keeping well....

原帖由 SY_Mom 於 11-3-24 15:01 發表
busiuhk,

i think your friend's case is just personal experience?! wonder where s/he went to see dentists ... in Chinatown?
if so, i never seen any dentists in Chinatown. however, all the dentists ...

[ 本帖最後由 busiuhk 於 11-3-24 16:41 編輯 ]

大宅

7#
發表於 11-3-24 22:56 |只看該作者
busiuhk,

i agree that a good dentist is hard to find!
anyway, sounds like your husband is a good dentist!

原帖由 busiuhk 於 11-3-24 16:38 發表
Yes, I do think she saw a chinese dentist....
her experience just scared me, but it may only happens to her...

What I want to say is that it's difficult to find a good doctor because many of them ar ...

大宅

8#
發表於 11-3-25 00:21 |只看該作者
Yes, he does. But he cannot substain in the money-driven working culture.... so it's difficult .... and now he ranks family higher than his career....

原帖由 SY_Mom 於 11-3-24 22:56 發表
busiuhk,

i agree that a good dentist is hard to find!
anyway, sounds like your husband is a good dentist!

別墅

積分: 781

9#
發表於 11-3-25 01:56 |只看該作者
All the dentists I went to visit in the US over 10 years have dental assistants. Not sure what kind of dentist your friend went to see. Don't use one person's experience and think all the dentists in the US are like that. I knew dentist here that are not money-driven. She is a very good Christian. Always help out people.

原帖由 busiuhk 於 11-3-24 14:22 發表
剛有朋友從三藩市回港探親,講開佢係美國睇牙醫,佢前後睇三個牙醫都無姑娘幫手,唔知係唔係美國就係咁....
我老公係牙醫, 佢話咁樣好有問題, 無姑娘幫手吸水, infection control做唔好可以好有問題.... 另外, 佢個牙醫幫 ...

複式洋房

積分: 377

10#
發表於 11-3-25 05:47 |只看該作者
My daughter started seeing her when she was 1 1/2 years old. She went there for a regular check up every 1/2 years. So, she already went there for 3 times. We liked her because she is very patient with my daughter. She seems to know how to handle toddler. This dentist was recommended by our pediatric and we have not seen anyone else, so I don't know if she is better or worse than others. Her office is clean and child friendly. My daughter has black spot on her teeth, and she cleaned it well everytime when we visited her. Although my daughter cried like hell during the visit, but she is not afraid of going back there when it's time for her next appointment.
原帖由 SY_Mom 於 11-3-24 13:37 發表
yoyocutie,

for how long your daughter's been seeing Dr. Grace Lee? how do u like her? i saw her ad. at the Bay Area Parents magazine. she seems to be younger than most of the dentists that we've s ...

大宅

11#
發表於 11-3-25 08:22 |只看該作者
Yes, I do think it may be the rare case that happens to her. I am christian too. Though I see many christian medical practitioners are also money-driven, I do believe there are exceptional. It happens to non-christians as well... what I want to tell is that people outside the medical field may not know the reality in the field... sometimes a talkative doctor may not be equally good at his clinical knowledge and judgement...

原帖由 bunnymonkey 於 11-3-25 01:56 發表
All the dentists I went to visit in the US over 10 years have dental assistants. Not sure what kind of dentist your friend went to see. Don't use one person's experience and think all the dentists in ...

別墅

積分: 781

12#
發表於 11-3-25 14:54 |只看該作者
Yeah, not every Christian dr are non money driven. Though that one I know for many years is different. She volunteer to do dental work for free in those poor country but ended up catching a decease back. Good that she is ok now. Her skill is pretty good but too bad she moved far away now so we can't see her often.

原帖由 busiuhk 於 11-3-25 08:22 發表
Yes, I do think it may be the rare case that happens to her. I am christian too. Though I see many christian medical practitioners are also money-driven, I do believe there are exceptional. It happens ...

首頁

尾頁

跳至