首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 2807

睛靈勳章 畀面勳章

1#
發表於 05-12-4 20:43 |只看該作者

Question

My BB borned on 21/11. She likes sleeping rather than drinking. I'm bf her when she cries and it's easier for she to drink, otherwise she will refuse to drink my milk. But the problem is the time between 2 meals is more than 3 hours and sometimes even 4 hours tim. Usually she will spend 1 hour on drinking. Is it normal or OK for my BB? I'm worry about this :cry:

大宅

積分: 2628

2#
發表於 05-12-4 20:48 |只看該作者

Re: Question

I was taught by the nurses to wake my BB up every 3 hours to feed him if he did not wake up by himself when he was newborn till up to 2 months.

This is because newborn BBs may be too tired to wake up although they are hungry.

My BB spent on average 1-2 hours on feeding as well. Don't know whether it's normal or not, but I allowed this coz' I prefered him to feed more.
  Lulube was born weighing 3.2 kg

大宅

積分: 2807

睛靈勳章 畀面勳章

3#
發表於 05-12-4 20:56 |只看該作者

Lamblamb, thanks for your reply. I tried to wake up my BB like 3 hours but she can't drink well, spent long time but can't drink much. If she wakes up naturally she can drinks very good. But will try to wake my BB up because I think she is too hungry for more than 4 hours.

複式洋房

積分: 303

4#
發表於 05-12-5 00:04 |只看該作者

My baby is 2 months old now, and he spends over 1 hour for drinking each time. He now has only 4-5 meals a day, that is the time between 2 meals is about 3-5 hours. (He hasn't quit drinking at night) I also think that he prefers sleeping rather than drinking, and drink too little. Should I wake him up too?

I am a full time mother and I can afford to feed him by spending so much time at home. Just that I dare not go out with him for long since I don't feel comfortable to feed him somewhere outside my home for over an hour.

Lamblamb,
I used to expect that the feeding time of my baby will be shortened as he grows up, but I give up as the situation still hasn't changed.
Do you still need such a long feeding time with your baby now?

大宅

積分: 2628

5#
發表於 05-12-5 12:10 |只看該作者

Hello Maximum,

My BB has developed the habit of feeding + sleeping together during the daytime. Yes, it still takes an hour or even more to feed him although he's now 6 months old.
However, if I pull him away (when he's feeding very slowly with his eyes closed), he will wake up and cry and refuse to sleep. So, there's no other choice but to let him carry on his dream-feeding slowly.

However, during the night when he also feeds with his eyes closed, he can finish a meal in around 20 minutes. So I know he can feed efficiently when he wants to.

Concerning bringing him outdoors...I've the same problem too! Really want to bring him to playgroups as well, but his feeding hours are still very irregular.

I guess the problem is worse for me coz' I work part-time. BB finds it difficult to adapt coz' when I'm away from home, my 99 feeds him with bottles. Plus, the working hours are very different every day.
:-(
  Lulube was born weighing 3.2 kg

首頁

尾頁

跳至
你需要登錄後才可以回帖 登入 | 註冊