跳至

首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 1324

1#
發表於 07-8-3 12:13 |只看該作者
Hello BK Moms / Dads :

My hubby is Singaporean and we live in HK. We have a 9 months old daughter. I married him in 2003 withour his parents permission. Fortunately, after these 4 years, his parents forgave us. We went back to Singapore in May and his parents accepted me and treated us very well. My hubby was touched by their kindness, which make him thinks about to go back to Singapore.

However, we have been applied by skill migration to oz. Yesterday we received the notice that the application is approved.

Now here come the difficult situation. We like oz very much especially my hubby. He finished his U study in oz and lived there for 7 years. He is the one who raised the idea to move to oz but now he also wants to be with his parents. We also think about our child, her education and life.
As we are both in our mid-30s' so if we give up this time, we are unable to apply for skill migration next time.

As for me, I am ok for whatever his decision but I know that he has difficult to make it.

Just want to have some opinion from a 3rd party. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ingrid.

別墅

積分: 715

2#
發表於 07-8-3 14:24 |只看該作者
Hi there,

It is indeed a difficult decision. I guess it will be even harder for a third party to give comments. Nevertheless, I can share with you some of my experiences. Though a Singaporean myself, never really stay there for long until my working years.

It is a vibrant city, harmonious society and truly cosmopolitan. Stable government and very good social order. People welcome foreigners/return residents with open arms and really make one feel at home. The city was very well planned and definitely better living environment. There are loads of holiday destinations nearby for short and long breaks.

On the other hand, the same for any places around the world, there are things may take you some time getting use to, for myself these are some of them…

Career prospect of my own profession.

The kiasu mentality (you may have to check with your hubby what it means) I am sorry I mentioned this term, it is totally my personal experiences.

Relatively few media stimulations compare to HK (but it may be a plus point)

National services for my kid

Sorry that I can’t give you any advice on education as I have none experience myself.

However, I do think having support and help from families would make a tremendous difference. It is an important factor in your consideration.

Good luck.

大宅

積分: 1324

3#
發表於 07-8-7 13:12 |只看該作者
原文章由 leahleahlea 於 07-8-3 14:24 發表
Hi there,

It is indeed a difficult decision. I guess it will be even harder for a third party to give comments. Nevertheless, I can share with you some of my experiences. Though a Singaporean ...

Hi leahleahlea :

Thanks for your sharing.

We ended up made up our mind. We decided to go to Australia since we will loss the chance if we don't go while we can go back to Singapore or Hong Kong at any time.

Now we don't know where we will go yet. It will depends where is the job offer to my bubby... As for me, I will bemcome a full time mom.

Again, thanks.
Ingird.

大宅

積分: 2751

4#
發表於 07-8-7 17:35 |只看該作者
原文章由 Ingridmosa 於 07-8-7 13:12 發表

Hi leahleahlea :

Thanks for your sharing.

We ended up made up our mind. We decided to go to Australia since we will loss the chance if we don't go while we can go back to Singapore or ...

Ingrid,

In my point of view, this might be the best decision in your situation. As both Hong Kong & Singapore will welcome you back at anytime not Australia.

首頁

尾頁

跳至