論盡家傭

跳至

首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 1370

1#
發表於 04-4-16 21:11 |只看該作者

*Urgent* My Helper needs to renew her passport, do i need to pay for the fee??

My helper needs to renew her passport before renew the new contract. She gave me the receipt today and said it is up to the employer to pay for the fee and the fee is $425. Do i need to pay for it??

大宅

積分: 2409

2#
發表於 04-4-16 21:30 |只看該作者

Re: *Urgent* My Helper needs to renew her passport, do i need to pay for the fe

When I signed the 1 st contract with my maid, she too needed to renew her passport cos expired.
I didn't pay, she didn't ask.
And even after days she lost her ID card, I didn't pay for it.

洋房

積分: 202

3#
發表於 04-4-16 23:09 |只看該作者

its not yr responsibility to pay for her to renew passport. only need to pay for her renewal contract and a paper they apply w/ bun bun consulate upon their contract renewal

大宅

積分: 1141

4#
發表於 04-4-17 01:26 |只看該作者

梗係唔使比.個passport係佢,如果佢唔續,佢自己冇得係香港做野咋,關我地咩事.
我地要出外公幹,咁既費用老細都會唔會比啦.

別墅

積分: 639

5#
發表於 04-4-17 14:53 |只看該作者

janetlo 寫道:
My helper needs to renew her passport before renew the new contract. She gave me the receipt today and said it is up to the employer to pay for the fee and the fee is $425. Do i need to pay for it??

If they ask you to pay, you need to pay for it. However, you can pay for the portion of the fee only. For example, if the passport is for 5 years and there is one year service she will work for you under the contract. Then you just pay her $85.(calculation : $425 x 1 ÷ 5 = $85)

複式洋房

積分: 281

6#
發表於 04-4-20 22:29 |只看該作者

Let's analyse the issue another way round.
The employer didn't pay for the original one so why the employer has to pay for the renewal fee? Also, the contract does not require employer to pay too!

Moreover, please check the expiry date of visa marked on the original passport. Based on my experience, the visa should be expired before the validity period of the passport. Therefore, after renewal of the passport, the maid has to submit an application to Immigration Dept for an extension of the visa. According to the contract, employer will bear this application fee.

In fact, other than the application fee, the employer will 'pay' for the time of releasing the maid to process the application.

首頁

尾頁

跳至