論盡家傭

跳至

首頁

尾頁

複式洋房

積分: 136

1#
發表於 15-5-1 09:34 |只看該作者
Hello, I would like to get some opinions from everyone. I'd like to hire a maid for my 69 years old mum who is overall independent with mild dementia (輕度癡呆). She lives with my two brothers and they both have full time job. My brothers are happy to offer 1.5day off i.e. Sat afternoon + whole sunday off for the maid. It's just we can't offer her a private room. She will need to share room with my mum (with her own bed of course). Her main duties will be looking after my mum, cook for her and normal house cleaning plus laundury. She does not need to clean my brothers' room. We are pretty easy going family and most of the time it will be just my mum at home with the maid. We just want to hire a maid to make sure my mum does not stay home or go out alone (and get lost).

So, my questions are
1) As per above, do you think it is hard to hire a maid if we are only paying minimal wages?
2) Also, do you think it is better to hire a maid who is in her 20s or should we go for older ones like 40s? She does not need to handle my mum as mum can walk independently with a walking stick. May need to supervise mum for showering in the future but mum is still managing ok.
3) Is it better to hire 印傭or菲傭 in this case?
4) My brothers are very busy and won't have time to train the maid in terms of cooking and cleaning. Unfortunately, I do not live in HK and really can't go back as I am pregnant. We would like to hire a finished contact maid who has overseas experience, yet we know that they are a rare founds in hk nowadays. Does everyone know any good agent (or bad ones we should avoid) in Tuen Mun/Yuen Long?
5) Any tips/ good/ bad experiences in hiring a maid online i.e. not going thru agent?

Many thanks xoxo

伯爵府

積分: 15708

2#
發表於 15-5-1 13:23 |只看該作者

回覆:Please help - looking for a maid

Hiring a maid online is a big no in my book. These maids have been in HK a long time and they know how to \'play the game\'. I would never hire someone like that to look after a person with dementia. Also the helpers who advertise themselves online are looking for gweilo families not locals.

伯爵府

3#
發表於 15-5-1 13:30 |只看該作者

Hiring a finished contract is a good idea but why with overseas experience? Helpers with Middle East experience usually look after one aspect of a household only. Ie cleaning, or cooking, or looking after children. Middle Eastern families are wealthy and in one house will have many helpers.

The best thing is just request someone who has experience looking after porpor. See who applies and choose from the pool.

伯爵府

4#
發表於 15-5-1 13:31 |只看該作者

I would look for an Indonesian helper. Usually their Cantonese is better than Filipinos.

伯爵府

5#
發表於 15-5-1 13:41 |只看該作者

I would just stick to the minimum wage and 1 day off. If you offer so much (same for cutting back on duties) you\'ll have no bargaining power later.

I don\'t think it\'s too hard to hire a helper in your case. Where I live many porpors have young helpers in their 20s. The porpors get up very early in the morning and take their helpers to the park and do exercise together. I think younger helpers have more energy and can keep porpors company better. Good luck.

複式洋房

積分: 136

6#
發表於 15-5-2 07:03 |只看該作者
回覆 pandaforever 的帖子

@pandaforever thank you so much for your advice

首頁

尾頁

跳至