母乳餵哺

跳至

首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 4483

1#
發表於 04-11-29 09:13 |只看該作者

Anyone using Medela 'Symphony' milk pump???

Dear all,

I would like to ask do you think this milk pump effective? (compare with Medela mini-electric, Avent manual pump or others???)

I've rented one at home but I find the quantity of milk being pumped out is not so 'effective' as I think... 30-50 mins for 100ml on one breast... is there something wrong in the pump??? and how to hold two pumps together???

Or how about Latina, the sales said same effective as Symphony but with a massage function... true???

I rent the 'symphony' at home coz I've backed to work and want breastfeed... so this pump can prolong the time I breastfeed loh... but seems abit query on the effectiveness...

can anyone give me advices on it???

Thanks alot.

Paulina
吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

禁止訪問

積分: 1287

2#
發表於 04-11-29 10:03 |只看該作者

Re: Anyone using Medela 'Symphony' milk pump???

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

大宅

積分: 1234

3#
發表於 04-11-29 10:31 |只看該作者

Paulina,

I have been using Lactina for 3 months and just rented one more symphony for a week (I put one in the office and one at home). Before that, I use Medela mini-electric. For me, the lactina and symphony is more efficient than the mini-electric and more comfortable. Symphony did have a message function, but frankly, I do not see much different in terms of miilk production as compare with lactina. Sometime I just skip the message function.

If you are going to continue the rental, I would suggest lactina (in view of the rental price). I use both hands to hold the bottles. Sometimes, I will use my right forearm to fix the right bottle and use the right hand to hold the left bottle, then can free up left hand la.

By the way, I saw your message in other topic and you can pump a lot per day! I am also an August mum(my son born on August 1) and I have back to work for about 1.5 months la. My pumping production just keep at about 20oz but now is not enough for my BB's daily consumption la. I tried many methods like feed and pump, lots of soup and soya milk, mother's milk etc., but still not have much improvement. Do you have any tips and can you share your experience??? For feed and pump, I can only pump just 1-2 oz :cry:

Wootaitai,
I've tried the Avent manual pump as well (after seeing many recommendation from the BK mum), however, I can't manage to use it. Can you teach me?

禁止訪問

積分: 1287

4#
發表於 04-11-29 13:36 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

大宅

積分: 4483

5#
發表於 04-11-29 14:29 |只看該作者

sandythepooh and wotaitai,

thanks for your sharing.

Actualy I've just rented it to home for a few days ... Maybe you feel it's quite strange coz my bb now is 3 months old and just start to rent the machine... it's coz I use mini-electric and avent manual pump to pump my milk out in the past... but mini-electric is noisy and so I need to hide up in the study room ... coz I afraid of making my bb crying...

Avent manual pump is good but coz my waists are pain since after delivery, so I can't use it always...

Actually the reason I want to rent Symphony coz I want to save more time in pumping the milk out... but still I find the effectiveness is not so good... so I then ask myself whether I use it wrongly??

for now, the quantity is nearly the same or slightly graeter than before... around 6-7 oz... but sometimes when I drink less water or tired like weekends, the output is small... only 4-5 oz.

I haven't got any recipes to increase the milk but I always remind myself to drink water... and take rest... and relax... and feed more (most effective)...

but I find that one side to feed and another side to pump is the most effective for me.. but more difficult coz you need to handle baby and the pump...

okay la... as long as you think mama milk is good for baby... keeps it up!

The quantity is not most important coz I also supplement with formula to my bb but the 'sisi' is very different ... lots of residue if drinking formula... the most important thing is you love your baby and want to give him/her antibodies thro; your milk ma... that's why even you feel so tired at night, you still continue to pump your milk and feed him loh...

Paulina
吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

珍珠宮

積分: 36912

好媽媽勳章

6#
發表於 04-12-15 14:15 |只看該作者

I also use both Medela Symphony electric pump and Avent manual pump. I also find that both kind of pump have similar effectiveness.

I use 1 Avent pump and can get a total of 9 oz from both sides (pump one after the other) in around 45 min. For Symphony, I pump both sides at the same time and get get 10oz in total. I will use Symphony at home to avoid hand pain (I have pain in the join between thumb and palm) and it's easier to wash. While in the office, I will use Avent.

首頁

尾頁

跳至
你需要登錄後才可以回帖 登入 | 註冊