跳至

首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 3920

發表於 09-7-15 11:05 |顯示全部帖子
我地好大機會會係10月過去brisbane. 乜都未開始搞, 好多野都唔識, 好緊張呀!

大宅

積分: 3579

發表於 09-7-15 12:38 |顯示全部帖子
你10月會到brisbane land/住呀?我同我老公都決定settle係brisbane,不過會到2011年先過去。其實我地都無到過brisbane,所以今年12月會都brisbane逛一逛,希望會鍾意啦!

係呢,10月過去,仲有3個月,趕唔趕得及呀?好似好急咁?!

大宅

發表於 09-7-15 12:50 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 car_li 於 09-7-15 12:38 發表
你10月會到brisbane land/住呀?我同我老公都決定settle係brisbane,不過會到2011年先過去。其實我地都無到過brisbane,所以今年12月會都brisbane逛一逛,希望會鍾意啦!

係呢,10月過去,仲有3個月,趕唔趕得及呀?好似好急咁?! ...

car_li,
我都未去過brisbane, 只係聽人講個邊好多陽光咋.
我地都真的幾趕........我地係個邊仲一個親友都無, 車呀, 屋呀等等要去到先搵......

大宅

發表於 09-7-15 13:14 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 lillymarie 於 09-7-15 12:50 發表

car_li,
我都未去過brisbane, 只係聽人講個邊好多陽光咋.
我地都真的幾趕........我地係個邊仲一個親友都無, 車呀, 屋呀等等要去到先搵......

我地都係呀,係果邊無人無物,因為我地會帶兩個小朋友,所以唔急得,要settle晒d嘢先過去。你有無小朋友呀?

大宅

發表於 09-7-15 14:05 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 car_li 於 09-7-15 13:14 發表

我地都係呀,係果邊無人無物,因為我地會帶兩個小朋友,所以唔急得,要settle晒d嘢先過去。你有無小朋友呀?

有呀, 讀小學啦. 佢地今年有個非常之長的假期呢!
settle哂D野先過去, 係最好的安排啦!
係啦, 你識唔識邊間搬屋公司好呀?

別墅

積分: 768

發表於 09-7-15 21:18 |顯示全部帖子
car_li, lillymarie

I am very impressing that you two never been to Brisbane and decided to move to.
You need to decide where you want to stay in Brisbane, North or South.

South of Brisbane has popular Asian hub suburb Sunny Bank where whole street almost black hair, speak mandarin. Can have different type of Chinese food at Sunny Bank Market Square.

House within 20km from Brisbane CBD still expensive, you can check the web site www.realestate.com.au for find house to buy of rent.

Renting house is still difficult especially you are new comer without any credit history in Oz. You can start with short contract rent for a Townhouse and then search of other suburb’s house.

If you are rich enough, of course you can buy house straight ahead without mortgage and you can choose as close as CBD area.

Weather in Brisbane is really good, now is winter and a bit cool in the evening and morning but daytime still have 22c.
Summer can up to 37~38c but only happened a few days.

Make sure you got enough cash to buy/rent a car, because without car in Oz is very inconvenient as you need to car to go different place to settle all you new start issue like bank account, medicare, find house etc etc.

you can refer to my old post "migrate to Brisbane" to get some hints although some may be outdated. Good Luck.

原帖由 lillymarie 於 09-7-15 14:05 發表

有呀, 讀小學啦. 佢地今年有個非常之長的假期呢!
settle哂D野先過去, 係最好的安排啦!
係啦, 你識唔識邊間搬屋公司好呀?

大宅

發表於 09-7-15 23:23 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# ngtft 的文章

ngtft,

Thanks for you advice.
We are going to be in a rush, as my husband has to start working 2 weeks after arriving at Brisbane.
Within that 2 weeks, we have to rent a house and find a school for my kids.
I just wonder if the schools there are similar in terms of the educational standard? Are there any schools that are not so preferable, and we might need to think twice?

別墅

發表於 09-7-16 08:02 |顯示全部帖子
School in Brisbane (I cannot say the situation in Sydney) primary school standard is far far behind HK standard. Their maths is terrible easy.

WHat grade of your kids in HK? Usually only the problem is english because here more trained to prensentation or show and tell == "Blow Water".

Where is you husband going to work? CBD? and you need to decide where to live in. Of course some suburb's state school is not so good to go to.

You need to find out where you want to live and find the state school at that suburb. Send email to the school and let them know you may want to study their school. By the time you come, it will be term 4, last term of this school year.

What field is your husband work?

原帖由 lillymarie 於 09-7-15 23:23 發表
ngtft,

Thanks for you advice.
We are going to be in a rush, as my husband has to start working 2 weeks after arriving at Brisbane.
Within that 2 weeks, we have to rent a house and find a school for ...

大宅

發表於 09-7-16 10:17 |顯示全部帖子
ngtft,

really thank you so much for your information, it is so fruitful!

You have mentioned that a lot of Chinese people are living in the south of Brisbane, how about the north side? Actaully we would like to find a suburb, where it is not very noisy and crowd. Moreover, we would like to find somewhere, it is kind of safe (in term of less robbery) to live. Any suggestion?

At the time we come to OZ, my two daughters will be 4 and 2, what school they need to go? Do you think it will be hard for my 4-year old daughter to get used to the school life in OZ?

Thank you!

公爵府

積分: 25364

發表於 09-7-16 11:03 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 car_li 於 09-7-15 12:38 發表

係呢,10月過去,仲有3個月,趕唔趕得及呀?好似好急咁?! ...

go to Brisbane in Dec? very very hot!!!
Birth 15/3: W:4.2kg  L:52cm HC:37.5cm
Day 09: W:4.37kg  L:55.5cm HC:37cm
Day 46: W:7kg L:62m HC40.5cm
Day 82: W:~9.2kg L:~66cm
Day 112: W:~10.4kg

別墅

發表於 09-7-16 11:29 |顯示全部帖子
If 4 & 2, need to go to childcare (pay & expensive, learn nothing except social life) or home schooling. When the year turn 5 then can go to Prep year (free from state school)

I am not familar with North side cause I don't like the traffic there, road is very narrow.

There is nothing really called noisy, crowd suburb in Brisbane, cause a suburb is quite big place. Its more depends on what sort of neighbour or your please whether nearby to shop etc. Like Sunnybank, we always said very crowd, lot of asian live there but it only happened near to major asian shopping area like Market Square. Out of that place, Sunnybank still very quiet.

Find the right place to live in Brisbane needs to be very careful and consider a lot, like are you going to have two cars, do you need close to public transport (Bus/train is not that convient as compare to HK), what is you future social life, close to Oz or still attach to Aisan etc etc.

It is not easy to buy house as well as sell house in here, once you move in at least you will live for long term, also need to consider the future of where you want to send your kids to study.. to private or state school, then high school etc.

About where is safe area... nothing I can tell. Robbery happened everywhere. Make sure you lock all your door/windows and with alarm system but still cannot gurantee. If it happen it happen.

You can visit this link
http://www.domain.com.au/public/suburbprofile.aspx?mode=buy&suburb=Runcorn&postcode=4113

with your postcode or suburb name to see the profile.

WHat you need to see are Occupation, age, education and nature of Occupancy.

If more old people live there, that suburb should be safer as they usually at home, look after their house and your house. Of course they will know if you shout at your kids because they got nothing to do. They manage the garden better and keep your house's value. If more young people lives, you may have party every weekend, car parked everywhere, supermarket trolly everywhere etc.

If more profressional living in that area, mean the higher chance you kids' schoolmate's parents will be profressional and they usually more care about their study. Then overall your school standard will be higher.

Thats why Sunnybank, Eight Mile Plains, Runcorn, Robertson etc rent and house price is higher then woodridge, kingston because more asian live there, they care their children study, school standard is higher, then more funding, more student, etc etc. Thats why i said find a right suburb is very hard decision in Brisbane.

About the kids get use to new environment? There is no such problem to the kids. THey fit in very very fast.... the problem only happened to adult... Very soon you can see they are much healthly and stronger then the kids in HK, less sick (my kids get cold much lesses compare to HK). And you find them too much time left after school because not much home works.

The rule in state school said: 15min homework, 15min reading and 20min activity. Teacher always said let children be children....

[ 本帖最後由 ngtft 於 09-7-16 11:39 編輯 ]

大宅

發表於 09-7-16 14:03 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 4# ngtft 的文章

ngtft,
how long will it take to drive from mansfield/wishart to springfield? Is it easy to drive?

大宅

發表於 09-7-16 15:04 |顯示全部帖子
ngftf,

again, really thanks so much for your information, it is really so helpful!!

But I still do have some more questions. When you said Prep School, is that referring to a Prepration School? What's that? will you suggest my daughter go to the Prep school. So in Brisbane, do children go to school when they are 6?

To be honest, I would like to live close to the professional family. So do you know which suburb has more professional families live around (kinda of silly question, right?)?

the website you attached is very useful. However, i don't know much suburb, so...

Anyway, really thanks for your info.

大宅

發表於 09-7-16 15:19 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 car_li 於 09-7-16 15:04 發表
ngftf,

again, really thanks so much for your information, it is really so helpful!!

But I still do have some more questions. When you said Prep School, is that referring to a Prepration School? Wh ...

car_li,
我答少少咀啦.
Queensland的小朋友入學是以7月1日為分水領.
假設你大女兒是2007年7月1日後出生, 她就會在2013年2月入讀Prep class了.
詳情你可以去以下這個網站睇睇:
http://education.qld.gov.au/studentservices/inclusive/prep/index.html
prep class其實是year 1的前一年, 是小學的一個級別, 不是另一所學校.

大宅

發表於 09-7-16 15:22 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 2# car_li 的文章

car_li,
我聽人講ASCOT係brisbane的高尚住宅區, 好似香港的半山區咁. 唔知係咪真.....

大宅

發表於 09-7-16 16:39 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 lillymarie 於 09-7-16 15:22 發表
car_li,
我聽人講ASCOT係brisbane的高尚住宅區, 好似香港的半山區咁. 唔知係咪真.....

lillymarie,

唔該晒呀!依家我又清楚多些有關 qld 的education system啦!

其實我又唔係想搵一些高尚住宅,不過想搵一些好少少的suburb。因為我以前係sydney住過,所以知道要搵一d好suburb是好重要的。因為d neighborhood可以影響好大,而且自己兩個女較細,所以想搵區好d...不過自己一d都唔熟brisband,唯有慢慢找。其實我地打算去到租apartment,熟了brisbane之後會買間屋,因為都諗住stay係個度,都想找區好d,貴少少都ok既,只要對個女好便ok。

大宅

發表於 09-7-16 18:22 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 car_li 於 09-7-16 16:39 發表

lillymarie,

唔該晒呀!依家我又清楚多些有關 qld 的education system啦!

其實我又唔係想搵一些高尚住宅,不過想搵一些好少少的suburb。因為我以前係sydney住過,所以知道要搵一d好suburb是好重要的。因為d neighborho ...

點解你地唔揀去sydney既?
我地無得揀sydney咋, 好多朋友都話識人係sydney, 但Brisbane就無.

大宅

發表於 09-7-16 18:34 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ngtft 於 09-7-16 08:02 發表
School in Brisbane (I cannot say the situation in Sydney) primary school standard is far far behind HK standard. Their maths is terrible easy.

WHat grade of your kids in HK? Usually only the problem ...

我兩個小朋友係qld明年二月應該可以入讀year 2 and year 4.
I am wondering if it would be good for them to stay behind a year, ie. year 1 and year 3. Because they practically speak no English, I am afraid that they would be quite deaf and dumb in the first few months.
On the other hand, I am afraid that they would be bored because of the easier curriculum (maths) and behave naughtily in their classes.
What do you think?

琥珀宮

積分: 152003

秋日勳章 炎夏勳章 遊學勳章 春季勳章 趣教勳章 冬日勳章 畀面勳章 環保接龍勳章 大廚勳章 親子達人勳章 wyeth冷知識勳章 叻叻勳章 有「營」勳章

發表於 09-7-16 19:46 |顯示全部帖子
Brisbane幾好住呀!如果想搵比較好既學校,就可以向西區搵,即近QLD大學附近;12月天氣其實唔算最熱,最熱反而係2月,不過,呢邊既熱可以接受ga,唔似HK甘潮熱。
如果過到黎先租屋,首先最重要係有工作證明,因為如果無既話,好難搵屋ga!
呢邊渣車比悉尼容易好多,路上無甘多車,所以都ok ga...
希望到時2位媽咪黎到Brisbane後,有機會大家出黎聚一聚呀!
My Two Princess

公爵府

積分: 25364

發表於 09-7-16 20:03 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 lillymarie 於 09-7-16 14:03 發表
ngtft,
how long will it take to drive from mansfield/wishart to springfield? Is it easy to drive?

10-15mins.
Birth 15/3: W:4.2kg  L:52cm HC:37.5cm
Day 09: W:4.37kg  L:55.5cm HC:37cm
Day 46: W:7kg L:62m HC40.5cm
Day 82: W:~9.2kg L:~66cm
Day 112: W:~10.4kg

首頁

尾頁

跳至