母乳餵哺

跳至

首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 1081

1#
發表於 05-6-2 15:41 |只看該作者

another 新手BF mama... should i wake my bb up for each feed?

my boy is only 12 days old.. have been b-feeding all along... i'm feeding him on demand... each time, i let him suck one side first and if he cries after finishing the first one, i'll let him suck the other one... it'll usu take him abt 45 mins to finish his meal... (i guess he's quite efficient.. coz he sucks a lot & hardly fall asleep during each feed) & after each meal, he can usually sleep for 2-3 hours before the next feed(sound asleep... mostly 3 hours e.g. if he starts feeding at 1:00, he'll eat again at around 4:00) without waking up... he usu have 7-8 meals per day... his weight at birth was 3.23kg and now at day 12 he's 3.3kg....

my question...
just been to the maternal & child health centre & been told by the nurse that i'm not feeding him as much as i should... she said for a newborn, the baby should be fed every hour (maybe she means i should let him sleep for an hour...)... i should only let him suck one side of the breasts and not offer the other so that he won't sleep too long... also, the nurse asks me not to let him sleep too much.. i should wake him up & feed him at least every 2 hours.. (even my baby seems to be v. happy.. (as far as observed, he only cries when he is hungry...))...

can someone pls tell me whether i should wake my baby up for each feed on a time basis (i'll wake him up if he sleeps more than 4 hours)... whehter i'm feeding him too "infrequent" as the nurse indicated... :cry:

民房

積分: 16

2#
發表於 05-6-2 23:12 |只看該作者

Re: another 新手BF mama... should i wake my bb up for each feed?

My baby is 8 months old now. She is my 3rd child.

My suggestion to you is ignore the nurse, each baby is different, feed by demand is feed by the baby's demand, there's no rules to follow, if the baby is able to sleep soundly, that's your luck, you get to rest and it helps with your milk production as well. If you wake your baby up every hour, my bet is he/she will cries and won't drink!

For my own baby, in her 2 weeks, she only sleeps and eat and do nothing else. She hardly even opens her eyes. She drink both sides for about 30 minutes then sleeps for 3 hours (like a very very accurate alarm clock) then wake up and drink again.

After 2 weeks, she starts to sleep slightly less and demand for milk more frequently and more irregularily. When she past 1 month old, she drinks regularily again..... The "pattern" changes as time go by......

首頁

尾頁

跳至
你需要登錄後才可以回帖 登入 | 註冊