跳至

首頁

尾頁

別墅

積分: 574

發表於 11-11-7 09:57 |顯示全部帖子
我沒有什麼特別技能(只有一個教育的學位),但為了個囡可能會去美國,唔知有什麼工作可以做,有無人可以比D意見? 謝謝!

公爵府

積分: 25003

2024年龍年勳章 畀面勳章

發表於 11-11-7 10:30 |顯示全部帖子
happykaris 發表於 11-11-7 09:57
我沒有什麼特別技能(只有一個教育的學位),但為了個囡可能會去美國,唔知有什麼工作可以做,有無人可以比D ...
你到美國那個州?

別墅

發表於 11-11-7 10:52 |顯示全部帖子
加州三藩市

大宅

積分: 1760

發表於 11-11-7 11:53 |顯示全部帖子
i have a friend who also got a BA degree in Education before she came over to US. at the beginning, she taught Chinese on Saturdays only (maybe for about 2 hours only). so eventually she studied for another degree in here and pursued for another career.

別墅

發表於 11-11-7 22:14 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 SY_Mom 的帖子

謝謝分享,相信都要繼續進修找其他的工作。

男爵府

積分: 7794

發表於 11-11-16 21:19 |顯示全部帖子
for teaching at school for ESL.. you need at least 2 master degree for education or special education.
Here in US, from Kindergarten and up, you need double master.
as my sister in law is a teacher at the public school.

大宅

發表於 11-11-17 12:47 |顯示全部帖子
in CA, i think it's not required to have a master degree to be an elementary school teacher. however, it's required to have a teaching credential on top of the bachelor degree. of course, some teachers also have master degrees.

for teaching credentials, usually it's for multiple subjects. some of them are for special education.

複式洋房

積分: 482

發表於 11-11-17 17:19 |顯示全部帖子
Nillie,

Wow are you serious? need 2 masters degree?

I was an English teacher in HK and have got a (substitute) teaching certificate here in WA. They totally recognise my qualification. (bachelor's degree + Education certificate)

But I have not applied for any jobs yet. I wonder if so many highly qualified people want to be a teacher that they elevate the entry requirement? If yes that's bad news for me.

點評

Nillie_Mami  Happy birthday to your little one!!  發表於 11-11-17 21:54

男爵府

發表於 11-11-17 21:52 |顯示全部帖子
well, my sister in law is still teaching in PS 130, they will give you pressure if you don't have it even they hire you. My sister in law got education degree at the begining, and now, she has 2 master degree to keep her job.

for me... I was just a BSN, now, my boss also force me to get my master and I am working full time, taking care 2 kids and back to school with my master degree.
Somewhere, you have no choice, I cannot lose my job. I cannot say no. To change a job - for me, that is... you jump from one suck spot to another suck spot, also, you need to get through 3 months work probation and have to face new working environment.
Once you stand up there, and look at the big picture, you will know why they rather return to school, and still work at the same job. the pension, the benefit.... that is what we have.

複式洋房

發表於 11-11-18 16:32 |顯示全部帖子
I see. That means it is not enough to be at the minimum requirement. I find it strange though, because teaching is a low paid job (starting pay less than 40000 per year)

I admire your great effort in working, studying and taking care of kids all at the same time!

男爵府

發表於 11-11-21 21:18 |顯示全部帖子
or you can go back to school and study something else.. get another profession, to match with your educational degree. then you can find a better job.. how back psychology?

大宅

發表於 11-11-22 05:50 |顯示全部帖子
if studying for Psychology, it won't be easy to get a professional job unless you plan to get a doctorate degree - PhD or PsyD. also, you'll need to get clinical training and be board certified.

複式洋房

發表於 11-11-27 10:43 |顯示全部帖子
True. Psychology is sth you need to study for a long time.

Well, probably my work for the time being is full time housewife (do housework), full time mom and co-op at my kid's school.
My 99 won't be happy about it though. Oops.

首頁

尾頁

跳至