跳至

首頁

尾頁

大宅

積分: 4008

1#
發表於 11-11-29 08:44 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 Jsmami 於 11-11-29 08:47 編輯

I am a full time mum with 2 kids. My younger daughter is cranky when she gets up for school in the morning, 4 maids resigned already (some with personal reasons, not all because of us). I have interviewed 2 maids who like to sign contract with me. This is amazing.

Maid 1 - 37yo, 2 contracts 4yrs & 6yrs. Both have to take care of a child. No stay in maám. Knows chin cooking. Actually both employers are sisters. So I suppose she is quite good. The maám's mother has cancer & lives with them since 2 months ago. Grandma couldn't get along with the maid & hence the maid will not renew her contract. She asks me if my children are spoiled. That tells she doesn't want to handle a problem child. She has not told her maám that she is looking for a job yet. I think she wants to sign a new employer before she breaks the news. She can start work in Jan. I worry that she will not come to work for me for whatever reasons - either her maám raises her salary to keep her or she finds a job without a full time mum. Direct hire.

Maid 2 - 45yo, 1 contract 6yrs. Raised a child from 2yo. No stay in maám also. Knows chin cooking. Employer does not renew contract to save long service. She borrowed $ from this boss once for emergency at home. Looks a little older & her eng is not as good as Maid 1 but I can still understand. I worry if she can still kneel down to wipe the floor & has myopia (when she reads to my girl if I am not home). She can start work in mid Dec. I knew her through an agent. I have to pay $4k. Agent doublecheck with her if she really wants to work for me, she quoted I would come out to work again once I am settled down with a good maid.

I think Maid 1 is better but she maybe too good for me & will resign if anything upsets her (eg. my daughter does not listen to her). Or she even backs out. Ethically, I don't want to sign both maids for back up. What shall I do? I can ask to speak to Maid 2's boss but not Maid 1.

男爵府

積分: 5532

2#
發表於 11-11-29 11:05 |只看該作者
I think maid 2 is too old. I don't think she has enough energy to handle the housework and play with the kids. And even maid 1 is a bit old. And you may need to buy a better insurance to cover some age related / high risk diseases.

男爵府

積分: 6765

3#
發表於 11-11-29 11:49 |只看該作者
if we need to choose from both of them, i would prefer maid 1. As maid 2 is too old.

But maid 1 is looking for better job, she may not sign contract with you. you need to find the way to make it happen.

複式洋房

積分: 262

4#
發表於 11-11-29 12:06 |只看該作者
I think both of them are not really good, why don't you try to hire and train an oversea maid as you are a full time mama?

As most of maid who has finished contract or worked long in HK always picky and not obedient...

大宅

積分: 4008

5#
發表於 11-11-29 13:43 |只看該作者
回覆 alicepo 的帖子

Thanks all. I prefer Maid 1 but she has a high chance of backing out, that's why I consider Maid 2. If most employers think she is old, she won't hop between jobs easily. My past experience hiring maids makes me paranoid. I won't hire fresh from Philippines as my first maid & I had cultural shock, I had to terminate her. I just hope I am lucky this time. Afterall, there is no success formula when it comes to hiring maids. Sigh.

首頁

尾頁

跳至