論盡家傭

跳至

首頁

尾頁

別墅

積分: 731

發表於 06-2-13 15:52 |顯示全部帖子

Will you take this maid?

Will u take her if you’re me? Just want to share with u.

I was referred by one of best friend to her auntie’s maid who will be released due to the pass away of auntie’s father one day before. Per my friend, she is excellent, 8 yrs in HK, 4 yrs child caring and 4 yrs elderly caring. Good Cantonese, good Chinese cooking, very neat and tidy, polite, nice and patient to old people, humble and the most important point was immediate available. I was extremely delighted by the news and thought it was a gift from God after I had an interview with her on the next day although she looks older than her age (33) and refused to have a trial run at my home on that day when is her rest day. As I needed a maid urgently, I asked her when she can start with me and she said it was her boss decision.

I called my friend’s auntie on the that night but was disappointed since, after a 20 mins discussion, the end result was no answer. Per auntie, although the funeral will take about 1 week, she may have other things for her to follow up. Also, the maid has several offers and it was ‘her ‘ to decide who she wants to work for and the release day. I called the maid the next day but she replied that “I want to have a trial run at your home and meet your kids before I can reply”. Also, she need to check with her ER for the release schedule. I was walking around in the garden. I was totally pissed off and felt being “played” but I still asked her whether she can come for a trial on next Sat but she said she will call me. Of course, no calls in the whole week.

One week later, my maid told me yesterday night that that maid called her mobile and asked for my contact no (I have given my mobile to that maid before). I was so surprised as my present maid know nothing about this. She said that maid got her no. through another maid working in the same estate. My maid told her she knew nothing about that but she kept on calling her to ask whether I found a new one or not. Fortunately, my maid is leaving on her own will due to her seriously sickness in Jan but willing to stay until the new maid come (that’s why I need a new one urgently). That maid finally called me thru’ her boss this morning and ask whether I will take her, I turn down her because I already got a bad feeing on her that she does not prefer child caring (as compare to elderly caring) but just take me when she got no choice.

I have a feeling of unsure after the call and ask myself again “should I take her?”, but my husband said no need to be soft-hearted if you have made the decision.

侯爵府

積分: 21395

發表於 06-2-13 16:20 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Will you take this maid?

Geoffreymom

第一, 人地話好, 未必岩你

第二, 依家似乎係佢揀你, 又過你揀佢

第三, 好討厭, 如果我係抄工人, 佢甘樣事先張揚, 算點? 我覺得佢係, 試探緊你依家個工人, 好吾好做

第四, 好憎果d吾負責任的工人(朋友都係), 話黎又吾黎, tel都無個

我吾會請

大宅

積分: 1170

發表於 06-2-13 18:18 |顯示全部帖子

Agreed. I will not take this maid. She will shopping in the market with no sincerity to look for a new employer.

大宅

積分: 1692

發表於 06-2-13 18:40 |顯示全部帖子

既然你已經有BAD FEELING, 咁就梗係唔好請啦

大宅

積分: 3509

發表於 06-2-13 18:42 |顯示全部帖子

smallpiggie 寫道:
既然你已經有BAD FEELING, 咁就梗係唔好請啦

agree

洋房

積分: 247

發表於 06-2-13 19:29 |顯示全部帖子

yes. Even you take her, she may be still searching another employer.

禁止訪問

積分: 3896

發表於 06-2-14 20:02 |顯示全部帖子

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

大宅

積分: 4947

發表於 06-2-14 23:10 |顯示全部帖子

if i were you, i will not take this maid, it seems she did not respect you that she called your maid to findout whether you have another choice.

?-( ?-( ?-(

複式洋房

積分: 277

發表於 06-2-14 23:20 |顯示全部帖子

agree. she showed no respect to you from the very beginning.

別墅

積分: 731

發表於 06-2-15 11:52 |顯示全部帖子

Thanks a million for your replies.

Actually I have made the decision but I still questioned myself whether I was correct or not because apart from this issue, she appeared to be a very good maid. Anyway, one more thing that made me angry. After I turned down her on Mon morning, she called my existing maid again and asked her a favor by telling me that she (the existing maid) was very sick and was to go back immediately and begged her to convince me to accept the new one. My maid turned down her immediately. Honestly, if she did not perform like this (choosing ER in such a high profile way), I will definitely take her. Btw, with her qualities and experiences, I think she will get another job very easily in HK provided that she does not play the same game again.

珍珠宮

積分: 48164

畀面勳章

發表於 06-2-15 12:04 |顯示全部帖子

If I were you, I will also make the same decision. Since the maid works in HK for 8 years, she is so clever and she wants to find a "good" employer. That is the reason why she called your maid.

If you have such bad feeling about her, I prefer to employ a new maid instead.

首頁

尾頁

跳至