首頁

尾頁

民房

積分: 46

1#
發表於 06-9-5 09:17 |只看該作者

What fish to give to baby?

Hi

Just want some advice on what type of fish to give to my baby. He has been only eating "hung 3". I think he is getting a bit bored.

Thanks!

別墅

積分: 866

2#
發表於 06-9-5 13:23 |只看該作者

Re: What fish to give to baby?

你可以試下桂花魚 :-P

禁止訪問

積分: 4610

3#
發表於 06-9-5 15:18 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

別墅

積分: 800

4#
發表於 06-9-5 15:40 |只看該作者

桂花魚(肉滑), 大魚(少骨)

大宅

積分: 3513

好媽媽勳章 畀面勳章 環保接龍勳章 親子達人勳章

5#
發表於 06-9-5 16:12 |只看該作者

[size=large]我買鯇魚腩(得幾條大骨果面)

大宅

積分: 1382

6#
發表於 06-9-5 18:35 |只看該作者

Mosy,
I remember u couldn't read Chinese? In case you still don't read Chinese, here's what's been suggested:
黃花魚=Yellow Croaker (Wong Fa yu)
倉魚=Pomfret (Chong yu)
桂花魚=Mandarin Fish (Guai Fa yu)
鯇魚=Grass Carp (Waan yu) -- Belly only
BTW, your 紅衫=Golden Thread (Hung 3)

Found some of these names here:
http://hk.geocities.com/fun_cooking/info/info.htm

I myself have tried Chinese catfish 鯰魚 (Nim yu) and Norwegian Salmon (both from Park n Shop). One rule of thumb though I would suggest is don't buy BIG fishes. Big fishes are more prone to pollution and might be "dirtier" to feed your baby, who is also prone to allergies. Another rule (rule of index finger??) is to buy fresh fishes if you could, or of course from a trusted source...

在愛中成長,才懂愛別人!成長短片  成長拾趣

民房

積分: 46

7#
發表於 06-9-5 18:45 |只看該作者

Thank you all for your info. Minnelli, thanks for your great translation. It is a real bum when my mum does not live in HK and my mother in law works. I like to follow the Chinese style so I like to give my baby fish the Chinese way. eg steamed and then scraping the meat off.

Gwailos normally buy fillets only and I find that so troublesome as I will have to go to Great or City Super (also very expensive).

Alot of people have mentioned 黃花魚=Yellow Croaker (Wong Fa yu), weren't their some problems with that type of fish?

大宅

8#
發表於 06-9-5 18:50 |只看該作者

Mosy
Too many problems with too many fish, esp. fish from fish ponds from China. I stay with buying from Park n Shop. When you buy Wong Fa or any fish, if it's already dead, just remember to look at the eyes of the fish to see if it's "shiny" or "milky". If milky, dead for some time. Also, try to see if there's strange smell. I myself trust those people selling fish - I will tell them it's for feeding babies. They usually will help you pick a better one...

在愛中成長,才懂愛別人!成長短片  成長拾趣

大宅

積分: 1319

9#
發表於 06-9-6 18:09 |只看該作者

Minnelli,
How do you make the salmon? Do you make Salmon congee or just fish puree?
Thanks

大宅

10#
發表於 06-9-6 23:24 |只看該作者

mrs PETER
I just cut up the salmon filet into small pieces, took out the skin, cut up some sweet potatoes (yellow type), and threw them all into the congee.... then boil for 20 minutes or so. I didn't even use the blender. After finished boiling, I just used a spoon to smash the fish and sweet potatoes. I deliberately left tiny pieces of fish and sweet potatoes as i want to see how my baby is taking different "textures" other than puree...

Next time around, I will use pumpkin, or boil the sweet potatoes longer before i add salmon, cos the sweet potatoes are kinda hard to smash... :tongue:

What types of fish have you tried? Does Peter Junior like them?

在愛中成長,才懂愛別人!成長短片  成長拾趣

大宅

11#
發表於 06-9-6 23:56 |只看該作者

peter囝仲未試過食魚呀, 所以我諗住先試salmon, 好似無咁容易有骨睇唔到, 同埋感覺上唔係養魚會安全d囉。還有rich d omega 3 嘛。

minnelli 寫道:

What types of fish have you tried? Does Peter Junior like them?

大宅

12#
發表於 06-9-7 00:19 |只看該作者

傻啦﹐邊有咁易有野生 salmon呀﹐ 就算話norwegian salmon﹐可能只係norwegian 種﹐內地養架jar﹗最緊要都係你trust個source有質檢架jar﹗:tongue:

海魚都驚油污污染過架。我俾salmon都係為omega 3﹗

在愛中成長,才懂愛別人!成長短片  成長拾趣

大宅

13#
發表於 06-9-8 23:25 |只看該作者

唉, 住係香港真係想食d自然d嘅食物都咁難....唔通真係要返美國先可以食海釣嘅三文?
就算係真係norway入口嘅三文,原來都係養魚來......
真係知得多都係無咩著數, 仲要擔心多d tim。

首頁

尾頁

跳至