跳至

首頁

尾頁

民房

積分: 73

發表於 06-10-4 13:39 |顯示全部帖子

make friend at school

Hi folk

My daughter go to 1 Grade this year. This year, she always feel sad because she doesn't make any friend in 1 grade. Her white classmate just group together and don't want to play with others. Boys play only with boys. She don't have any problem at kindergarten. I talked with her teacher. She just said it will be fine in near future & she seem do nothing. Please help

子爵府

積分: 10230

發表於 06-10-12 01:43 |顯示全部帖子

Re: make friend at school

wing ga , do u live in s.f?
I use to live in sunset, now
live in hk,will move back to s.f soon.
if u live in s.f.
can u give me some info on school?
is alice fong yu good?

民房

發表於 06-10-12 02:09 |顯示全部帖子

Hi vesley

I used to live in Sunset. Alice Fong Yu is a immersion school with English & chinese. The admission of this school is based on ballot. The API (California academic indenx) is quite good in San francisco School district.

If you want to know the detail for the school information. Check this out

www.greatschools.net

複式洋房

積分: 202

發表於 06-10-12 08:32 |顯示全部帖子

Hi wing_ca,

I think one of the reason that the teacher didn't take any action is the school just started for more than 1 month.

I know your daughter feel very isolated and lonely in the school. Since the teacher won't take any action at this moment, can you ask your daughter to be more proactive and try to approach one or two nicer and more friendly classmate. It's quite normal that different ethnic group kids would group together. This happens in my 4 yr old kid's preschool class as well. It happens earlier than I expected.

If your daughter tries couple of months and it's still not working, then you can try to talk to teacher again.

Suppose there should be more Asian kids than White kids in Cupertino school district. Why it seems like there are more White kids in your girl's class ?

子爵府

發表於 06-10-14 00:54 |顯示全部帖子

WIN GA,
THANKS!
CUPERTINO SEEMS WARMER THAN S.F. ISN'T IT?
AND MORE TAIWANESE.

民房

發表於 06-10-14 02:46 |顯示全部帖子

hi vesley

cupertino is contiential climate. It's much warmer than san francisco in summer & colder in winter. There are a lot of taiwanses & Chinese from Mainland china & Indian.

子爵府

發表於 06-10-14 12:19 |顯示全部帖子

wing ga,
my friend has a daughter( turn 4 this week)
will take the form to get in to school year 2006-2007 kingdergarden.but my son is 5 weeks-6 weeks younger .
The cut off day for school year is dec.2
his date of birth is dec.4
do u think i can apply as my friend did?
do u know any friend can go to school without the limited cut off date ?thanks

民房

發表於 06-10-15 03:38 |顯示全部帖子

Hi vesley

I've answered your question at your forum "any san francsician". Check this out.

子爵府

發表於 06-10-15 14:46 |顯示全部帖子

thanks a lot!

首頁

尾頁

跳至