Re: 有冇做空姐

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

大宅

積分: 1956

9#
發表於 07-2-11 04:33 |只看該作者

Hello all,

I was with CX for many yrs and now I am with a new airline, flying long haul only. I have a 3 years old daughter who is studying K1 in SC. Probably because I care my daughter's development too much, I feel very home-sick, jetlag & tiring after switching to this new airline although working life is more relax and happy and I actually fly much lesser than before. I usually fly 3 flts a month, but last 2 months i got 4 flts each month as we were short of manpower.

Is there any mom working in KLM/VS/BA/O8/CX who is flying for long haul only like me? Pls hare how do you manage your children academics and dealing with home-sick as well as jetlag when you get back HKG...

Nice to meet you all here~~!! :-P

複式洋房

積分: 156

10#
發表於 07-2-11 05:46 |只看該作者

Hey,
I am not working for airline, but I am working in a hotel, I need to shift and this week I am working overnight, I have been working for this company for 7 years, and my BB is 4 months now, this is hard to manage time to be with her and my husband need to shift too, have you even think of changing to OL work?? at least you can have fix timetable, so that you won't miss your BB that much. I have only a maid taking care of BB, I am very worry about her all the time. :-(
[img align=right]http://www.youngnutrition.net/member/tickers/63514/ticker2.png[/img]

複式洋房

積分: 245

11#
發表於 07-2-11 21:09 |只看該作者

cjessjess 寫道:
我係國泰FA

我都係呀~ 仔仔今年四歲半喇~ 你呢?

複式洋房

12#
發表於 07-2-11 21:15 |只看該作者

Hey IceCrm, I think there's not much can do but quit the job, u'll make urself mentally sick if u keep missing your baby n fly long haul, cause I use to be like this, but now I only do short haul flt, but still, I found that I wanna quit the job and spare some more time with my kid!
when they grow up, they don't want you to accompany anymore, they'll have their own life......

大宅

積分: 1956

13#
發表於 07-2-11 22:48 |只看該作者

mic & chococonut,

thank you for your reply. As now my daughter now is just in K1, as a parent, I'd like to provide better resources for her future - more extra ciricullar activities, better educations, better living and study aboard later. I planned to quit when she goes primary after 3 yrs, making these 3 yrs are my golden period to earn more money for my/her future before I quit. I also feel almost mentally sick every flight when staying in out-station, however, it is quite hard to balance between earnings and staying with my daughter. :lol: At the moment, I am relucant to give up my job as I enjoy my 'financial independent'.

I don't think working as a OL will be a good idea as I got an offer after I gave birth my baby few yrs ago. Although I could have a stable timetable and see my daughter every night, however, most of the clerical positions require staff to work until 7pm at least. Afetr the dinner, I wouldn't have much time to spend with my daughter as she is about to go bed. I chose to fly because of the 1x days off a month that I could spend with my familly. Probably I feel difficult to adjust since I just switched to a new flying pattern.

Mic, you are good to short haul only, however, when I was in CX, I felt less time to stay home when I flew short haul. It just seemed I worked almost everyday and after home I felt exhausted and didn't have quality time for my dear daughter. BTW, is there any seniors to take care of your kid when you go for duty? Poor me, I just rely on my helper as chococonut does. Even though sometimes I have to look at her long faces and answering back when I returned home. She knows well that I need her so much....

複式洋房

14#
發表於 07-2-12 01:42 |只看該作者

IceCrm, i have to rely on my helper also, so, I did make use of my family, ask them help me to always chk on my maid, told my maid that they hv the rite to help me chk her. I remember last time I can't stand for my maid's behaviour, so I told her off, ask her to change her attitude, n ask her to sign a letter, saying that her performance is not up to standard, if she still like this, she will be fire without any notice and 補水, now she's quite good.
Indeed, I would like to quit if I can, coz I found that short haul flt can't help much, but as I jux dirvoce, I hv to earn my son's living, so I can't do that.

伯爵府

積分: 16292

BK Milk勳章

15#
發表於 07-2-12 01:47 |只看該作者

mic_mic 寫道:
[quote]
cjessjess 寫道:
我係國泰FA

我都係呀~ 仔仔今年四歲半喇~ 你呢?[/quote]

hihi
me too, my son is 9

大宅

積分: 3651

16#
發表於 07-2-12 03:31 |只看該作者

Hi all,

I quitted the job when my son was in K1. I can see a big difference being a full time mom, my son's behaviour, academic and development improved a lot. I rarely rely on domestic maid, what she's done is helping me to do the housework only and leave me more time to take care my chiild.

I believe it's better to change another career when we are young, ie less than 30 yrs old, as at this age, we still have more opportunities in the job market especially the HK job market seems boosting a lot now. Now I just got a job and the office is very stable and I can leave office at 5:00 sharp.

BTW, it is also a risk to leave your another half alone in HK, I have seen so many ex-colleagues' husband fooling around with another gals and leading to a divorce.

複式洋房

積分: 156

17#
發表於 07-2-12 05:56 |只看該作者

Did you make your maid to sign a letter?? would that help?? Is it ture that they will not get pay if they are fired?? I have a 4 months BB, my maid's performance is not stable and she has been with us for 5 months already. I have to keep on reminding her for the daily work, I afraid that my maid will did something bad to my BB if I give her a letter, but I just don't feel fair that I have to pay her to leave if she doesn't perform well. :-(
[img align=right]http://www.youngnutrition.net/member/tickers/63514/ticker2.png[/img]

複式洋房

18#
發表於 07-2-12 13:31 |只看該作者

well actually the letter is not kinda u dun need to pay, still you hv to pay the ticket fair, it's only a waring to her n kinda one month notice, the function for this letter is to scare her, jux let her knw if she's doing good, u'll destory the letter, so that to keep her performance stable n good, if u found her still doing the same wrong thing after a month, u can jux kick her away w/o any ONE MNTH NOTICE.

複式洋房

19#
發表於 07-2-12 13:32 |只看該作者

hi moyan, nice to meet you here!

首頁

尾頁

跳至