跳至

首頁

尾頁

男爵府

積分: 7995

1#
發表於 06-12-26 22:25 |只看該作者

申請加國immigration, 容易嗎?

is it difficult to apply immigration to Canada now? heard that the queqe is very long.., meantime, if check the score from the website of CC, the score is same for most of the jobs? so if applying it, can apply thru the net ? or need to get the forms by hand?

大宅

積分: 1136

2#
發表於 06-12-29 17:26 |只看該作者

Re: 申請加國immigration, 容易嗎?

First, you need to decide what category you want to apply. investment, reunion or skills ?

NO. you cannot apply through internet as you need to provide document to back you up, plus paying money.
I dont really know exactly how to apply as we hire consultant to do it. There is so many immigration service in the market, why dont you go and ask them.

男爵府

3#
發表於 06-12-29 23:34 |只看該作者

xother,
我幫我親戚ask 的,她 一家plan to apply by skilled worker.
但人話 agency needs very costly fee, is it right?
你由apply to approval, 須幾耐? by investment method?

大宅

積分: 3712

好媽媽勳章

4#
發表於 06-12-30 00:32 |只看該作者

monmantong
if your relatives apply for skilled worker, i don't think it is necessary to employ any agency. i completed the form myself, and just needed to provide all the documents as required for back up. it is easy, money saving. (i spent the cost of registration to Canadian Consulate and the doctor examination fee only). the instructions on the form will guide you on how to complete the form step by step, very clear and easy to understand. it took me less than a year to get the land visa, but i don't know the current situation.
if the agency told you that it will be faster to proceed by them, then they are fooling you (if form is submitted in hk as you will do so by yourself too). whoever submit the form, the line will be same, no matter you submit through agency or by yourself. only difference is, the agency may submit your form through another place (not hk), e.g. submit in USA, or macau, or where ever, the line is shorter. but the point is when you are called for interview, you will need to fly to that place for interview. i think this is quite troublesome and not economical, unless your relatives don't care for the cost or MUST need to immigrate to Canada in a very short time. Or, they are not really qualified for the requirement for skilled worker. My point of view is, it is not so worthwhile, if can only shorten the length for about a few months and they are really qualified for skilled worker.

大宅

5#
發表於 06-12-30 12:24 |只看該作者

ckkwkl,
the requirement for skills immigrants are very different from the old days.

I think I paid HK$30000 or more for my consultant. The reason I am willing to pay as my husband is Indian and going to Canada is his dream, so I want to make sure that we went through without problem.

The fee is very different from agent to agent. It is similar to declare tax which you can also do it yourself, but if you dont want any hassel, then it is good to pay for professional to do it for you.

If you are looking for skills immigrant, then do you know which category get higher scores? My consultant do access our situation and advice us who is better to be the main applicant.

The advantage of hiring a consultant is they know where to apply has faster way. eg, we were apply through Buffalo before as my consultant said 1 in 4 will waive the interview, we missed it, then we transfer our case back to HK as we dont want to go to overseas for interview. Yes, HK has long queue as many Mainland Chinese do go through that channel. One of my husband's relative just got approval by via France. My collegue even via Africa. It really depends on the line and only experience consultant can tell you where is go to apply.

For my case, it takes me over 3yrs which I apply in 1999 and landed in 2003

男爵府

6#
發表於 06-12-30 18:22 |只看該作者

ckkwkl ,
thanks, would you mind telling me following -
1. when did you apply and when did you get approved?

2. my relative calculated the marks in the web, and he just got passed, but regarding the language ability, he cannot get any mark in French, then for English, if he marked as higher proficiency- the highest mark, does he need to provide something to prove his language ability and does he need to have interview ? ( because if he marks himself as lower marks of this, then he may not get passed..),
heard from someone that some needs not proceed the interview, how about you?

3.finally, about the job, it only says that if you jobs is within the list, then over 4 years experience, he can get the highest marks, but it does not require you to count the marks base on individual job nature, it seems that this part is so easier...

thanks for your help.

男爵府

7#
發表於 06-12-30 18:23 |只看該作者

xother,
thanks for your help. I asked my relative, he is thinking whether he will apply by himself or by agency.

複式洋房

積分: 158

8#
發表於 06-12-31 03:56 |只看該作者

Dear monmantong,

I would like to share a case here for your reference.
However, I also see some other case in this BK that may take longer than that.

My sister-in-law applied by herself (no agency) in her job catagory in Jan 2005. She also just passed the marks in her catagory. And she do NOT have to go any interview and do NOT need any English test.

Within 1 year, she received the notice for medical check up. And her application was approved a few months after the medical check up. She landed Canada in April 2006. So it took her less then 1.5 year from submission to landing.

Also, Yes, you are quiet right that, Canada seems kind of loose in going to the details of the job description, as long as you are in a certain catagory for a few years it is okay. And also, as long as the English standard your claim is reasonable, they won't even ask you to so any test to verify.

Hope these info will be helpful to your relatives.

Rabbit

landed Canada in April 06. She is also applied by skilled . From the day she "submit the form" to the day she arrive Canada. It took around 2 years. So from they day she "submit the from" to the day she receive "medical check up notice" should be is a bit more than 1 year (eg. 1 -1yr & 3 months) Because after having medical checkup, Canada will approve the application within 1 year, as the medical report will only valid for 1 year.

I suggest you friend should make sure that they received that application, if they had received that you friend just want a few more months. Waiting time may varies from time and catagory and location. But reference from my friends case last year and my own case 10 years ago. Both take no more than 2 years to complete and just around 1-1.5 years for the medical check up notices.

The above situation are cases applied from "Hong Kong"

But if your friend apply from "Mainland China", the case will be totally different, it may take as long as 5 years.

Wish this information will help

monmantong 寫道:
ckkwkl ,

2. my relative calculated the marks in the web, and he just got passed, but regarding the language ability, he cannot get any mark in French, then for English, if he marked as higher proficiency- the highest mark, does he need to provide something to prove his language ability and does he need to have interview ? ( because if he marks himself as lower marks of this, then he may not get passed..),

3.finally, about the job, it only says that if you jobs is within the list, then over 4 years experience, he can get the highest marks, but it does not require you to count the marks base on individual job nature, it seems that this part is so easier...

thanks for your help.

複式洋房

9#
發表於 06-12-31 04:02 |只看該作者

Sorry Monmantong,

The last message that I post have some irrelevant additonal info, the follow message should be the correct one.

Sorry

I would like to share a case here for your reference.
However, I also see some other case in this BK that may take longer than that.

My sister-in-law applied by herself (no agency) in her job catagory in Jan 2005. She also just passed the marks in her catagory. And she do NOT have to go any interview and do NOT need any English test.

Within 1 year, she received the notice for medical check up. And her application was approved a few months after the medical check up. She landed Canada in April 2006. So it took her less then 1.5 year from submission to landing.

Also, Yes, you are quiet right that, Canada seems kind of loose in going to the details of the job description, as long as you are in a certain catagory for a few years it is okay. And also, as long as the English standard your claim is reasonable, they won't even ask you to so any test to verify.

Hope these info will be helpful to your relatives.

Rabbit

monmantong 寫道:
ckkwkl ,

thanks for your help.

大宅

積分: 3712

好媽媽勳章

10#
發表於 06-12-31 09:54 |只看該作者

monmantong
1. i applied in end 1995 and was informed for the medical check up and interview very soon, and then i must land canada in jan 1997.

2. i got quite high score in my catagory. when i went for interview, the interviewer just asked me a few questions and then approved for my applications, no need to take any skilled test.

3. just count the years of experience in the listed job catagory, very clear and easy to calculate

大宅

11#
發表於 06-12-31 10:06 |只看該作者

rabbit2006,
just wonder what job catergory your sister-in-law fall in? Besides, you mentioned no english test, did she study in Canada? As far as I know, if you are not came from an English speaking country, you need to submit ILETS unless you can prove that you have tertiary education from english speaking country.

From the Canada govt web site, it shows what is the processing time and I cut and paste below, only 30% of HK case can finish in 54months and 80% in 68months. I know it is very different from case to case. My husband's relative take only 3months to finalised although he is over 50yrs old. He got the job offer before he applied as his skills are so highly demand here.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times-int/02a-skilled-fed.html#note
Processing Times at Individual Visa Offices in Asia and Pacific
30% of cases finalized in:(months)
50% of cases finalized in:(months)
70% of cases finalized in:(months)
80% of cases finalized in:(months)
Beijing 57 59 62 63
Colombo 15 54 59 60
Hong Kong 54 60 65 68

男爵府

12#
發表於 06-12-31 15:33 |只看該作者

Rabbit2006,

but when I check the web of the cic, it says that there are the nbrs of the queue about the applications, so wondering why your sister-in-law can get approved one year.. did she apply in HK? and do you know if she gets any arranged job in Canada when she applied?

大宅

積分: 4439

13#
發表於 06-12-31 23:28 |只看該作者

Hi every body,

I cannot really remember .... I remember there was a change in mark calculation for the immigration by skill when I was in Canada in 2002 or 2005.

For immigration by skill, the applicant has to obtain an job offer from a Canadian company in order to get the marks.

For those who was in the queue, the mark scheme doesn't affect them. But for those who applies thereafter, the scheme takes immediate effect.

津小生及非牟利幼稚園園生的窮媽媽! ;)

複式洋房

14#
發表於 07-1-1 00:58 |只看該作者

Hi xother,

My sister-in-law's job catagory is Landscape Architect. She graduated from HKU with a master degree. She did not submit any ILETS score. And Canada just accept her application as is. (I just wonder whether it because in HKU the teaching media is English????)
As far as I remember (I am not sure), the form will ask you about you level of English and did not really ask any prove???

Yeah, as you said, sometime the processing time vary widely, depends on individual cases or even luck.

Rabbit

xother 寫道:
rabbit2006,
just wonder what job catergory your sister-in-law fall in? Besides, you mentioned no english test, did she study in Canada? As far as I know, if you are not came from an English speaking country, you need to submit ILETS unless you can prove that you have tertiary education from english speaking country.

From the Canada govt web site, it shows what is the processing time and I cut and paste below, only 30% of HK case can finish in 54months and 80% in 68months. I know it is very different from case to case. My husband's relative take only 3months to finalised although he is over 50yrs old. He got the job offer before he applied as his skills are so highly demand here.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times-int/02a-skilled-fed.html#note
Processing Times at Individual Visa Offices in Asia and Pacific
30% of cases finalized in:(months)
50% of cases finalized in:(months)
70% of cases finalized in:(months)
80% of cases finalized in:(months)
Beijing 57 59 62 63
Colombo 15 54 59 60
Hong Kong 54 60 65 68

複式洋房

15#
發表於 07-1-1 01:04 |只看該作者

Hi monmantong,

Yes, my sister-in-law apply it from HK. She did not get any job arrangement before hand. In her case, everthing done within 1.5 year, it is rather quick.

After she came here, she also quickly get a job (within 2 months) and a lots of interviews (a few interviews per week) too, I think regarding her profession, the job market is rather good here.

Rabbit

monmantong 寫道:
Rabbit2006,

but when I check the web of the cic, it says that there are the nbrs of the queue about the applications, so wondering why your sister-in-law can get approved one year.. did she apply in HK? and do you know if she gets any arranged job in Canada when she applied?

複式洋房

16#
發表於 07-1-1 01:07 |只看該作者

Hi nicolemummy,

Really? I haven't heard of that.
Isn't it they need to get a job before they apply or it will have higher mark if they got a job here first???

Rabbit

nicolemummy 寫道:
Hi every body,

I cannot really remember .... I remember there was a change in mark calculation for the immigration by skill when I was in Canada in 2002 or 2005.

For immigration by skill, the applicant has to obtain an job offer from a Canadian company in order to get the marks.

For those who was in the queue, the mark scheme doesn't affect them. But for those who applies thereafter, the scheme takes immediate effect.

禁止發言

積分: 1108

17#
發表於 07-1-1 13:37 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

禁止發言

積分: 1108

18#
發表於 07-1-1 13:43 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

大宅

積分: 4439

19#
發表於 07-1-1 15:50 |只看該作者

I really cannot remember if it was 2002 or 2005. Most likely, it was 2005. In 2002, there was an introduction of Maple Card. So, in 2005, there was likely a change in mark calculation.

I heard from the news of the company sponsorship of immigration. This is similar to the green card sponsorship of US, residency stay in Macau etc.

For details, I didn't really know.... Sorry....
津小生及非牟利幼稚園園生的窮媽媽! ;)

民房

積分: 71

20#
發表於 07-1-1 19:43 |只看該作者

nicolemummy,

but I heard from some friend that she does not need any arranged job for skilled worker application.
she got approved on 2003 .

my baby was born on April 04!

首頁

尾頁

跳至